Give me one good, non-selfish reason to actually lower taxes

Give me one good, non-selfish reason to actually lower taxes.

>PROTIP: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2016/05/27/rich-people-dont-move-when-t.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lower taxes encourages hard work.
Lower taxes creates more possiblities for creation of new buisneses..

The taxes go towards things I don't support and don't want to support proposed by people I never voted in and who I would rather line up against a wall than support in any way. If I actually lived in a society where my vote matters and where I'm involved in some way in policy decision making I might support not lowering taxes.

Stealing from anybody, rich or poor, is wrong.

Taxes are another name for theft.

/thread

Graham Summner's "The Forgotten Man"

Higher taxes disproportionately affect Jews, and you wouldn't want to be a bigot, would you?

>Lower taxes creates more possiblities for creation of new buisneses..
this is a meme.

one example within arm's reach:
boingboing.net/2016/05/27/rich-people-dont-move-when-t.html

I study economics and never once I've seen a single study or even reasoning to justify that theory.

I didn't say it stopped rich people from leaving the country, I said it creates more options for companies to form since they are not taxed as heavily

in my province it's nearly impossible to start a new business because anything that's not a (inter)national chain gets taxed into ruin in 2 years. Fucking end your life

Without taxes who is paying for tyrone programs

Or tanisha ebt card

Or Pedro's rent

C'mon guys we need taxes.

No one is defending that. If you need strawmen to argue, that means you're obviously on the wrong side.

>g-guys lower my taxes pls, the wealth will eventually trickle down, really I swear

>Selfishness
>Bad

I just don't understand why it has to be taxation instead of creation of money to supply said institutions.

VAT taxes specially just punish consumes and specially the lower class and adds unnecessary administrative costs.

Taxes should be targeted at the rent of business not the consumer.

Wealth taxes however seem Ok to avoid extreme inequalities in society.

>No one is defending that. If you need strawmen to argue, that means you're obviously on the wrong side.
how is that a strawman? OP wanted one non-selfish reason to lower taxes. Businesses not failing isn't a selfish reason, our economy is failing so bad that we're losing people but our government just taxes us harder

ideally taxes will eventually be eliminated once we move towards communism and automation/post-scarcity is achieved.

In a situation with growth potential it can stimulate enterprise.
In a high-taxes scenario with limited government effectiveness it may also reduce unrest.

Reduces government spending.

Only reason you need.

Cut taxes at any time, for any reason.

If you lower taxes the rich might actually just go ahead and pay it to the United States instead of diverting all of their assets to lower-taxed countries.

... oh, wait... that would qualify as "selfish" wouldn't it...? Kind of like wanting others to pay for your college.

Do you really think people just go on the internet and tell lies?

>>PROTIP: you can't.

Then kindly fuck off and go back to ThingProgress. The mere fact you post ">PROTIP: you can't." means you made up your mind and there's no convincing you.

But for those that are interested in hearing the case for cutting taxes, I can start off with pointing out OP's pic is bullshit. Much of our spending doesn't go towards benefiting the US. It goes to putting money in the hands of campaign contributors in the forms of special tax exemptions just for them, bailouts, no-bid contracts, subsidies, etc. Then there welfare checks that encourage laziness and discourage hard work. Not only are the welfare recipients taking from those that contribute, but we loss whatever labor they could have provided just so the politicians can buy votes. High tax rates have forced two-parents households from being one income to two-income households and taking time parents have with their children.

omg same, except your clearly a fuckwit
in the short run the is curve will shift to the right,lowering interest rates which encourages greater investment, greater output and lower unemployment

In the medium run the economy will return to Yn (natural rate of output) with a lower natural interest rate

stumped?
kill yourself you commie intellectual fuck face

laffer curve for his first statement

Taxation is immoral. I work to make money and the government takes it from me* under the threat of violence. How is that not strong-arm robbery?

*Not actually me though. I work under the table.

honestly I don't know why a "flat" tax doesn't exist. Instead of taxing based on how many dependents you have, how much you make, etc, it should be a flat percentage. Figure 20%. Before getting the job I'm at now, I worked minimum wage and slaving away 40 hours a week to barely take home $800 after taxes is fucking nuts. Price of living has sky rocketed. Gas is still expensive. Everything is expensive.

Even with 2 people working minimum wage for a combined $1600/month, that is barely enough for a shitty 1 bedroom apartment in New Jersey.
>Inb4 trying to support a family

Minimum wage was never meant for that, but seeing the gov't taking close to 33% of my income is nuts. Instead of people fighting "raise minimum wge to $15!!", we should shoot for lower taxes. Less taxes means more money in consumer pockets, which means more money to spend, which means more business for everyone.

And by flat tax I mean across the board. For poor, middle class, and rich. Flat %.

simply maximizing taxation revenue isnt efficient, you want to try and actually boost production

>Give me one good, non-selfish reason to actually lower taxes

I just realized how one-sided your reasoning is. Many of the tax-and-spend supporters are getting something out of the deal for themselves. Wanna bet welfare recipients are voting for the politicians that promise the biggest handout for them. And if the welfare queens can support higher taxes on the people that work (that thing welfare queens want other people to do to fund "DA GUVEMENT!!!111oneone"), then taxpayers, looking out for their self-interest, can have selfish reasons for cutting them.

Give me one reason as to those who use my tax money give back to me as an american. if you dont vote for your own selfish interests you will be overcome by the herd

>Mr. Frankenstein's book didn't teach me that

fpbp

>“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Taxes pay for:

Luxurious public buildings - Live in shit town. Most people live in trailers. Town hall just spent $750,000 for new marble in entrance / hallways

retirement pay that private workers can only dream of

gibs encourage nasty niglets to procreate