twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Two Videos about WestWorld:

WestWorld told in correct Chronological order:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1JgaowjU90

Ford's Plan & The Maze:
youtube.com/watch?v=K9AwvWGjJeQ

Logan

>radiohead covers

Do people really need a youtube video to figure out what happened in this show? It was not exactly groundbreaking or even confusing.

Fucking Nolan beat your over the head with a baseball bat with clues

In the end the Girl Friend was a stock Getty image.

Lazy ass prop dept.

Video game soundrack covers when?
youtube.com/watch?v=iGuuOdD6iY4

So I guess they never intend to show William's wife in a flashback

So the show takes place in 2052 and that means Dolores came online in ~2018
Would you be able to visit her in 2 years?

Did you really need to post a comment stressing how contrarian and above it all you are?? It's not exactly groundbreaking or even confusing.

It's not like Sup Forums doesn't beat people over the head with it.

anyone got this image without the getty images logo?

>2052
Where did someone say this?

only 36 years from now seems waaaaay too close from now for that kind of technology to exist

You can find security video of Maeve's escape on the website and it's dated 2052

>2052
>Where did someone say this?

It's explained in the videos are start of thread that one dork is terrified to view as it might make him not seem like a TV-GOD.

what if it was on purpose?

Thirty-six years ago people were playing Pacman and Space Invaders. These days people are playing games that look like this.

No, my guess was just a cheap prop grab.

Security videos of Maeve's escape on discoverwestworld dates it at 2052

Really makes you think

I mean, the park first opens in 2018-2020, they're definitely supposed to be a bit more advanced by this point

>what if it was on purpose?

That has occurred to me, the photo could be a fake memory relic like the fake memory photos in Bladerunner.

Really sends your noggin a-joggin

Is Elsie dead?

We're getting there

youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY

>implying we haven't already hit a technological barrier
videogames are still going to look like what you just posted 20 years from now

Really dumb video about Westworld by Cracked:
youtube.com/embed/NWuNn06oWo8

1) They just say Westworld is dumb over and over and over, that's the depth of their insights.. umm, why even make a video?

2) Two guys and a gal are in video, but the guys won't let her talk. She just waves her arms about and tries to speak and gets ignored. It's kind of sad.

3) Umm, why did I even make this comment?

Say hello to your Dolores for the evening

Nah, she currently doin watersports with thors brother

This is the dumbest comment I've read on Sup Forums today.

Sorry, the maze wasn't anything cool, just a cheap ass toy. Kid is dying and dad Arnold gives him the most low tech crap toy on the planet.

What is it MIB says when Dolores shows him the maze?

Something like, "That's it? I can't use this crap?"

>what is this bullshit?

just in time for season 2!

Yeah I had higher hopes for west world, every time the plot moves forward it's from the writers hitting us in the face with it. They started out with great style but it lacks and real substance.

Bernard's son meets Dolores.

are you guys having problems with images too

>are you guys having problems with images too

I thought it was just me, this image of Dolores 'servicing' Ford keeps glitching on me.

who the fuck watches/reads cracked anymore? what's wrong with you?

>manface
>no ass
>fridge body
Why do people find Delores attractive?

Reminds me of Tali's photo in Mass Effect

Thanks!

I feel MIB is speaking for us in the Audience at that moment.

So when is the shrink-ray reveal coming?

but do you have issues with image urls?

this works (i.4cdn.org/tv/1481245517711.gif)

but (is.Sup Forums.org/tv/1481245594573.gif) doesn't. i have to change the url to i.4cdn.org/tv/1481245594573.gif

happens all the time for the last few hours

>So when is the shrink-ray reveal coming?
You must have missed this reveal in last episode.

Question: Host-guns are filled with blanks but how the fuck does Westworld keep tourists safe from blades and clubs?

They even have Samuraiworld, so that's even worse in the blades & blunts safety department.

>get told repeatedly that the maze is not for him
>ignores warnings
>finally finds the maze
>"What is this bullshit?"

What the fuck did you expect, asshole? The meaning of life? It was an easter egg, not the final mission.

I liked so much of the show but a lot of the scene pacing felt very cheesy and overdone to me. So much went right but then they'd linger on this really awkward tension-building instead of cutting to the fucking point.

Some of it was also felt in the music transitions. Suddenly nice sparkly happy music and then a spooky minor chord synced exactly to when a character says something dark and mysterious. It didn't always happen but when it did happen it bugged me.

I don't know what to call it. Trying too hard to be emotionally impactful I guess? Bad directing?

I don't see anything.

Yeah, shrink-ray technology is at least 100 years of

MY FUCKING DICK NOLAN

I don't like Cracked's political/social shit but I just watched this and agree with many of the points.

Man this is the worst thread I have ever seen.

Guys

Hey guys.

Yeah I noticed this too, it's the dramatic equivalent of a laugh track.

needs more Logan

Yep. It's a shame because I like the overall story. Is Nolan to blame?

Is William /ourguy/?

no, jj abrams is to blame
his stench is all over this series - he's like the anti-james cameron

I have this image saved, but wait -- WHO tried to brand Teddy??!? Shit, I don't remember that scene.

It's called non-diagetic sound, you fucking plebs

youtu.be/H_4hOY-9nKA

>Yeah, shrink-ray technology is at least 100 years of

100 years of what? REAL cute, get to the point of the sentence and then -shrink- it so we can't read it. Cute.

The union soldiers do

Ugh.

It hasn't ruined the show for me (yet) at least. Hopefully season 2 isn't a disaster. All of that potential being wasted because of JJ Abrams would be the biggest TV disappointment in ages.

I know the difference nigger. I like the music itself and of course understand the purpose. It's the way it's edited to fit some scenes that I dislike. The same score and very similar scenes could be edited in a more tasteful and less hamhanded/"smacking you on the head with the emotion you should be feeling right now" way.

the season finale fucking sucked.

fuck it fuck this shit.

goddamn it! the only plot that had a satisfying resolution was fucking Maeve, and that was after an unnecessarily long/drawn out gunbattle with stormtroopers. Motherfucking Nolan.

From what we saw, the programming seems to soften the blow. There were a few scrapes from blades from the working robutts.

The stormtroopers bugged me. The theory is that they were all actually hosts and were programmed by Ford or Maeve to not put up much of a fight.

If they were real humans then that's really fucking stupid.

Did anyone feel the timeframes were too artificially set up?

Not showing certain characters or locations on purpose, showing the same location but almost nothing's changed, using ambiguous language, using tricky editing, killing off one character so they can now show up in the other timeframe.

I mean, just look how they treated MiB. No one says his name, not Ford, not security guy, not the board representative, that guest thanking him, no one. Until episode 10 that is and Ford just walks right up and says "William"

Yep. It's very "just-so".

And very JJ Abrams.

The Bernard reveal seemed less artificial since it didn't require most of that ultra-convenient presentation.

That said, I didn't see it coming and for a second it did really shock me. I just wish they could've made it hard to predict in a more natural way.

I started off thinking this show was going to be smart.
but it's clearly fucking dumb, I mean really fucking pandering to retards dumb.

I want a mindfuck, I'm not getting a mindfuck.. I'm just getting annoyed at bad writing and characters who change rapidly (Ford's supposed "goodwill" towards hosts should be a goddamn ploy, why the fuck else would you bother?)

It's smart at parts and really retarded at other parts.

>Ford's supposed "goodwill" towards hosts should be a goddamn ploy, why the fuck else would you bother?
Not 100% sure what you mean but he presumably still has ulterior motives. The speech was probably given by a host version of himself (maybe the one he was making when Teresa was killed).

There is a ton of pandering though. It's annoying. The audience is treated like morons.

>ywn protect her smile

How do I get myself a Dolores? ;_;

That's two for flinching, dolorable

>Ford's supposed "goodwill" towards hosts should be a goddamn ploy

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Was he just putting on a show for the employees, Bernard and Theresa by shitting on the hosts? And why? Who cares, no one's gonna launch an investigation into Ford cause he's not making fun of the hosts.

And that scene where he walks up to a tech asking why the host is clothed and how he shouldn't care for its modesty and how they feel no pain, what was that about if he's fine with hosts really?

Stay buttmad faggots

>lots of pandering
>whining about some pandering
o mein fokken gott

She's cuddles.

Billy stills loves her after all those years.

He wanted to make sure the hosts suffered as much as possible under the human hand.
Suffering = identity = sustained consciousness.

The show is just ok.

I don't know about this "Delores" chick, but Dolores is pretty cute.

All of life is suffering.

DR. FORD
I'M DELOS

>tfw Dolores is a 10/10 angelic waifu in her lovely blue dress with a super qt accent who will trust and love you unconditionally despite multiple firmware updates
>tfw irl ERW is a meme fashion wearing chainsmoking SJWLGTBBQ who sings in a faggy "indie" group

why is fiction>real life dolorabros?

;_;

But wouldn't be a bit contradictory?

Some of the humans are nice, some even put clothes on them, but Ford thinks people can't and don't want to change so he forces his employees to not treat them in ways outside of his thinking.

Like he's trying to prove himself right and then going "see, see, I told you humans were bad".

>I do this because I love you Dolores.

Why are they bullying that robot?

I just watched all episodes so I could shitpost here with you guys

What are the most important memes I should know?

I actually really liked Maeve's story after the reveal. In the end she finally broke away from her programming, and went back to WW.

What do you want for season 2 the most?

Deep psychological work about what it means to be human and machines taking over our society
or
Just seeing robot cowboys fighting the robot samurais

I know, I loathed the shootout but her ending was good.

Dolores/Wyatt is something that I think could end badly.

MiB loves Dolores, but he hates that he loves her because he felt like he got taken in by a huge lie. So he does terrible things to her as a way to numb his feelings, but it may or may not actually be working. Basically, he's a big whiny baby who's shit at coping with things.