What is his most recent album that you would say is great?

What is his most recent album that you would say is great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bDChepnUc3w
youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZXM5aaPLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Peace Trail was pretty good

Hitchhiker was pretty damn good

>recorded in the 70s

Psychedelic Pill (2012) was his last good: not amazing tho.
Before that, Broken Arrow (1996). After Silver & Gold (2000), everything he released was really spotty.

What about Prairie Wind?

How is Neil's guitar work so god tier? Especially on shit like cowgirl.
Technically it's retardedly simple and I know guitar nerds shit on him. But I've yet to hear anything like it. Extremely haunting and visceral.
youtu.be/bDChepnUc3w

I actually think that's his best since Harvest Moon

He has a great tone and puts a lot of intensity into his playing despite having very minimal skill and being pretty slow. You can tell he's trying as hard as he can to pull as much melody out of a solo as he can and simultaneously put as much feeling as he possibly can into it. It basically just comes down to basic pentatonic bl00z scales but he utilizes it to his full potential.

Earth, the live album with Promise of the Real is really good. Shame about the overdubbed animal sounds.

Psychedelic Pill is obviously his last really great album. Haven't heard Visitor, Peace Trail was 6/10. I give him props for still making music at his age, could easily retire and live happily the rest of his life.

very much this

Probably Psychedelic Pill

the only albums of his I listen to relatively regularly or keep returning to are "Tonight's the Night" and "Everyone Knows this is Nowhere"

Psychedelic Pill

Though there are a couple of great songs on everything he has put out since, so I'm very happy he's still as active putting out new music as he is at that age

Hitchhiker probably doesn't count but it's in my top 10 of the year so whatever
Other than that, his last great album was Le Noise, his last really good one was Psychedelic Pill. All his recent ones are worth listening to if you're a fan though

speedin bullet 2 heaven

>Pono
fucking hack

>guitar nerds
If you don't like Neil on acoustic guitar, you don't really like guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZXM5aaPLk

i have seen him live on a recent tour and i totally got that from his soloing. it was just pure feeling from him; he knows how to coax it from what little he can do technique wise. and his tone is fucking amazing live. one of the loudest things ive ever heard

Neil Young's an absolute cornball. Get over it.

>Including Archival
Hitchhiker
>Only new recordings
Harvest Moon

Honestly I liked peace trail a lot, ultra old man quirkiness but catchy songs

The album he just put out with Promise of the Real sucks though, the lyrics have no subtly whatsoever and the music is pretty much retreads of past work

Fuck off, chris

tbqh, On the Beach

t. hasn't listened to the 90s crazy horse stuff

also fuckin Tonight's the NIght what's wrong with you n ibber

zuma was great man

this was good