Had some vinyl but no player, so my parents got me this for Christmas...

Had some vinyl but no player, so my parents got me this for Christmas. I don't want to hurt their feelings but fuck me lol

I think it looks cool

fuck u op gib me

it ain't that bad desu

>wahh I wanted the iPhone X but I only got the iPhone 8
Entitled cunt

More like I wanted any smartphone ever but received a green-screen ancient shitphone with brick breaker on it, you fuck ass coon ass nigger

just use it for the aux speaker dumbass stop complaining

Have you tried playing vinyls on your computer?

act grateful, but only player records that are already fucked up on it

don't have a disc drive.

No I'm talking about a vinyl drive, get one of those.

Hijacking this thread.
Got my first turntable for christmas, while flipping the record the sleeve of my dressing gown caught on the cartridge and pulled the whole thing an inch or so
What is the likelihood of damage? I can't hear any difference other than maybe slightly more popping but I might just be paranoid

My first turntable was a $30 one from Australia, I think. It had built in speakers and an FM radio.

Stop being an entitled cunt, OP. Be honest with yourself, most turntables are pretty decent anyway. You're gonna want to upgrade someday, sure, but unless you're planning on listening to your LP's for 6 hours everyday or something it shouldn't be too high on your list unless you're a pretentious "audiophile".

no one gonna mention the fact this loser was so brainwashed he bought records without having a peripheral to play them on?

it sounds like you're really good with your money

Why did everyone buy records again?

I was glad when they died out the first time around.

I bought 2 Slug Christ vinyls, nigger, to support the artist I like, and because one of them glows in the dark

Vinyl is overrated anyway

replace the needle and it'll be fine, looks pretty neat.
cartridge is probably fine. which turntable you using? might wanna check the connection of the little plugs on the back

Pretty sure you can only use proprietary ion bullshit needles

ah, probably. I just got an ion myself (my Yamaha and Hitachi players got wonked and i needed a cheap temporary replacement). If it uses the base sapphire/ceramic cartridge you should really get it replaced with a diamond tip.
you can get them on Amazon for like 16 bucks I think. which ION did you get, the archive?

>vinyls

Unless it has 16 r.p.m. setting, it's shit.

You got a novelty turntable for your novelty hobby
What's the issue

Loving all the phony indignation in this thread.

nah youre totally fine man
you should see the wiggle room that styluses have, as long as it didnt pop out youre good.
These things really arent as fragile as everyone hypes them up to be. Some people clean their stylus by just putting some spit on their finger and running across it

oops, styli*