Euskera

Eguneroko haria jartzen al dugu taula honetan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1l9oDiSiEQ
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euskadi_Ta_Askatasuna#Apoyo_social
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Eguneroko haria jartzen al dugu taula honetan?
inork zaintzen

>Eguneroko haria jartzen al dugu taula honetan?
bada

zazzanokureka orriguonakula

Is Basque similar to Magyar?

Ez

the only similarity is that both are weird and rare

well ,euskera batua has many castillian loan words too

for example with English

disgusting = is the same word in euskera but different in castllian ( asqueroso )

loan words are a bad measure of similarity when Hungarian grammar is significantly different from indoeuropean languages

how different is it?

The case things are odd, but they're effectively just agglutination of prepositions, no?

Do you guys not do the "subject verb object", even if by a different order?

Same question for Basque. These intrigue me.

I dunno because although I speak 3 languages well and one more badly, I'm not very interested in grammar, nor do I know how specific things are called

You can maybe give me example sentences

>bandera hori
Non bizi zara? Boisen?

How would you say (transliterate to English if you can)

"yesterday my brother went to the market to buy pork"

In Portuguese you can sort of map this into

"ontem o meu irmão foi ao mercado comprar porco"

which transliterates to:

"yesterday the my brother went to-the market buy pork"

The construction is only slight different, with some words being compressed/expanded and languages sometimes change the verb tense a bit from each other.

bizi naiz Nafarroan

lo dije bien?

Yo diría Nafarroan bizi naiz.

amm ok

No problem
ta gora San Fermín!

Gora Jainko maite maitea
zagun denon jabe.
Gora España ta Euskalerria
ta bidezko errege.
Maite degu Euskalerria,
maite bere Fuero zarrak,
asmo ontara jarriz daude
beti Karlista indarrak.
Gora Jainko illezkor!!!
Gora euskalduna,
audo ondo Españia-ko
errege bera duna!!!

Euskera hizkuntza hildako eta alferrikakoa da

tegnap a bátyám elment a piacra disznóhúst venni

yesterday the (my brother) (went away) the (to the market) (pork ending with -t which is the standard sign of a subject) (to buy)

things between parentheses are words with suffixes/prefixes agglutinated

La sintaxis es diferente del castellano , es difícil de aprender?

dunno if it makes sense this way. you can give me more examples in case you're interested, but this is all I can do

>youtube.com/watch?v=S1l9oDiSiEQ
No soy él, pero aquí tienes esto

A mi me interesa aprender Euskera también pero es como lanzarse a una idioma que no se parece a ninguna otra.

Neat that you switch "pork" and "buy", because "to buy pork" is actually a second sentence, and that's an interesting shift of logic that's not valid in either Portuguese or English.

I'm already going way out of my grammar points, but in both Portuguese and English you can only move some parts around without losing meaning:

"yesterday my brother went to the market to buy pork"

"my brother went to the market to buy pork yesterday"

You can also move the "to boy pork" around, but that's a different sentence, so let's not get into it.

Can you guys just say:
"a bátyám tegnap disznóhúst venni elment a piacra"

or is it just gibberish. Do you guys need a specific order?

todavia hay mucha gente que apoya a ETA en el pais vasco?

Muy poca en comparación a antes. Igualmente, ETA ya no existe.

a bátyám tegnap disznóhúst vett a piacon

the (my brother) yesterday (pork + subject) bought the (at the market)

you can say this for example, so yeah, there's some space to mix up the word order

Seems like you can only change the "where" and "when" parts, just like English and Portuguese, so maybe it's not that different.

Well, aside the other differences you've explained and the vocabulary, of course. Cool, seems like an interesting language, desu.

I like cases on languages. Makes them seem formal to me, probably because latin had them. It's like you're writing code. Neat.

Certainly makes more sense than having gendered words like we do in the Romance languages, although those are just arbitrary "sounds better and rhymes with the last letter of the word" decisions..

anyway, what you said isn't gibberish and grammatically it's probably alright, but most people wouldn't say it in that order and it would sound a little bit off.

>umea kalean erori da.
>child-the street-the-in fall is

the way you do gender is still better than the way German does it

eg. das Mädchen (the little girl, gender neutral)

Any gendered rules are weird, desu. We only have 2 genders which reduces that German thing, but it's also pretty retarded at times if you think about it.

Different words for the same thing don't need to agree in gender, and after that, everything is chaos: "pila" is female and "caralho" is male, but both mean "dick", and not this feminine penis /r9k/ bullshit.

We (romance languages) also don't agree on genders for everything, with Portuguese actually being the weirdest one, I think.

Justamente iba a postear ese video. Es muy bueno.
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euskadi_Ta_Askatasuna#Apoyo_social

De hecho, el euskera desde un punto de vista tipológico, es una lengua extremadamente "normal", tanto en su fonología, sintaxis y morfología. Si pudieramos hacer una lengua "promedio" tomando los rasgos más comunes en las lenguas de todo el mundo, esta terminaría siendo parecida al euskera.

Ahora bien, lo realmente excepcional del euskera es el contexto geográfico en que se ubica, rodeada de lenguas tipológicamente y genéticamente muy distintas (todas ellas indoeuropeas).

He leído algunos artículos que afirman que son realmente las lenguas europeas las que poseen características que son más bien raras tipológicamente (como usar verbos con el significado de "tener" como auxiliares, como en inglés 'I have seen' o español 'he hablado').

Did you just assume that little girl's gender?
Jokes aside, German words ended with "chen" are always neutral, so I guess it makes some sense somehow.

words in french ending in "-age" are all male, but words in Portuguese ending in "-agem" are all female. How is it with Spanish and "-agen" ?

Words ending in -age in Spanish tend to be masculine.

El paisaje
El camuflaje
El chantaje
El maridaje
El garage

Interesting.

A paisagem
A camuflagem
A garagem

All female. Yet, milk is male, unlike all the other romance languages. We switched a bunch of them around at some point.

don't try to apologize for that bullshit

the synonym Mädel is also neutral, is there a rule for -el as well? I doubt it

Hungarian goes the extra mile with no gender though, to the point where he/she/it are the same word and when you talk about someone in the third person (eg. "my neighbour), others can't tell their gender without context

It also happens with miel 'honey', blood 'sangre' and salt 'sal', right? In Spanish, they are all feminine.

Those nouns belonged to the third declension in Latin and didn't have an ending that could help to classify them as either feminine (ending in -a) or masculine (ending in -o). That's why when the neuter gender and cases system were lost in Vulgar Latin, there was a lot of variation in different Romance languages in the gender of those words. In some, they became female, in others, they became masculine.

Yes, all those are masculine in Portuguese.

Your explanation makes sense, but it's weird that they all switched between Portuguese and Spanish in particular.

Or are there more where we agree and these are just the noteworthy exception?

i that korean and japanese were kinda like that

i think that...*

It's not my fault that German diminutive suffixes work like that. FYI Mädel is just colloquial for Mädchen so changing the gender would be inconsistent. Fräulein is also neutral. What I'm saying is that even if it's weird for other languages to use neutral gender for females, at least Germans are consistent and stick to their funny gender neutral diminutives. I just had to accept that rule when I learned German and I won't be the one who goes to the nearest Goethe-Institut to demand the Germans to change it.
This. They're also always written with "j", though some words such as "garage" were written with a "g" in the past due to French influence. Not sure if this is still acceptable nowadays. Same happened with "restaurant" instead of "restaurante".

I'm always amazed at Spanish Germanboos

That's because the majority of Spaniards with a good future immigrate to Germany. The government here does not give them any opportunities, if they did they would all come back.

Yeah but I'm not talking about economic reasons, I've met plenty of Spaniards who were interested in German culture.

si vas a la borroka kalea veras muchos "presoak etxera" rayados en las paredes, no estoy seguro si eso se podria considerar apoyo a la ETA

>Be Basque expat in Clapistan
>People ask what nationality I am
>Just say I'm a Spaniard because don't want to go through the trouble of explaining Euskadi to them, whenever I do they just say "...So you're a Spaniard" anyway

What an autist thing to do when outside spain.
Literally no one cares.

>Expecting sharts to give a crap about that.
If it makes you feel better, other people in other countries might actually feel curious about it.

Don't expect it to be the norm anywhere either.
No matter how much you explain, you'll still be a spaniard to everybody.

Kinda sad since Basques have an ancestry coming from more than 6000 years.

And hindus, chinese or egyptians, yet you wouldn't care if they came telling you about the special tribe they come from, at least longer than 5 minutes.