Is it really THAT bad?

is it really THAT bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

I remember many critics said about how movies like this, id4, and Armegeddon were gonna usher in a new era of shitty Hollywood blockbusters

They weren't wrong

Also second worst thing matthew Broderick did

Nah, its great. People who hate it are just mindless RLM drones.

it would have been meh if it wasn't about Godzilla and just some other random monster indead

Better than (2014) at least.

I don't see how his argument works

You're still stuck with Matthew Broderick and that one shirt blonde chick

If this had been a buddy movie with Jean Reno and hank Azeria, it might've been alright.

It was an alright movie. No worse than any Toho flick. They're all brainless monster movies.

This movie's sin is strictly in using the Godzilla name.

No, it's absolute kino. Even has Geralt Depardieu in it.

>brainless monster movies

you should rewatch some toho movies and reassess that opinion of yours.

no, its even worse

>Movie called and marketed as Godzilla
>Only like 10 minutes include Godzilla

Ok flick but absolutely horrible Godzilla film. Just watch 2014 version or better yet Shin Godzilla for true kaiju kino

Hey don't pick on 1954 in here. It's a solid movie.

Such a qt couple

It's fun as fuck but yeah, it's bad. But it's more than worth a watch. Keep in mind that it doesn't make any sense as the size of the creature changes every time it's on screen.

At one point it's small enough to go through subway tunnels. On another point it's the size of a fucking skyscrapper.

>p diddy intensifies

HEAR MY CRIES, HEAR MY CALL.

I legit balk at the turboplebs who call the Mutos forgettable.

Like nigga come on don't pretend Rodan, Anguirus, or fucking Ebirah are any better.

People would look back on it fondly if it wasn't called "Godzilla" and was just some random monster.

Godzilla fans are impossible to please.

I really wish Zilla fights the new Godzilla at some point

2014 is the only godzilla movie ive seen, i liked it
whats another good one i should watch ive heard shin is good

it's one of my fuck you i like it movies

It is kinda bad but I love it still

>'that's a lot of fish'

It really wasn't. Don't let the autist tell you otherwise.

Even as a kid I hated this movie. So hyped for le big ass dino on screen, bigger than anything in Jurassic Park, in the city, eating people. Went home so disappointed.

>comfy 90s monster movie

Its great

It's the 2nd best Godzilla, with the original being the 1st best. I know that's gonna be piss off Godzilla fans, but IDC because the Godzilla series is by far the shittiest series of all time. You're better off just watching a fight highlight reel on YouTube than sitting through all the godawful exposition that plagues the series like a cancer.

80% of everything Sony has done has been absolute garbage so YEAH

It was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema and I thought it was fucking amazing. I still think it's a good movie to this day.
Whenever I see comments on the movie, there's never any legitimate criticisms, just everyone blindly disliking it for some reason.

1st is tied with:

>Killing all those people in Ireland
>Bestiality

>second worst thing matthew Broderick did

It was total shit. Irredeemable shit.

But I'm thankful for it in how it brought its animated series to light. How did everything go so right with that cartoon.....

So I'm alright with that movie's existence.

why was the cartoon alright?

As a Godzilla film? Oh certainly, it's terrible.

As a giant monster film/Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake? It's not that bad.

The cartoon spinoff is god tier though.

Yes, now fuck off Doug Walker

This. No one has given an argument against this film yet. They are just following whatever the meme answer is, like people that hate on Nickelback for reason, just because it's the meme thing to do

>female godzilla

The godzilla in the movie is about half the height of what you see in the poster.

also yes it's pretty bad.

Incorrect. The godzilla/muto parts made up for the rest of the boring characters whereas the 1992 one had no redeemable qualities

>The godzilla in the movie is about half the height of what you see in the poster.
Actually, his height/size changes multiple times throughout the film.

Mind is set on overdrive.....

I have never never actually seen a Godzilla movie.

It is definitely a bag of diarrhea. I've watched it numerous times in the hopes that maybe I was wrong and it's actually good. But no, it's not.

"Ach, you call this coffee?"
"What, no croissant?"
I loved the movie, even if it wasn't a hardcore godzilla flick.

I think that's actually because we either see the male or the female, never both at the same time.

speaking as someone who has a lot of nostalgic fondness for this movie and actually owns it on DVD: yeah, it's pretty shitty

I liked zilla's design so the all the parts with him romping around the city and fighting the military are still pretty fun and entertaining to watch, but the human characters and their drama is painfully forgettable

there's like a handful of amusing character bits (jean reno and hank azeria) but the rest just falls flat

I think it's the same level of mediocre of the 2014 one, but for different reasons.

>Rodan
he was awesome and his solo movie was badass, everything after that Toho just made him cannon fodder

>Anguirus
that dude was the shit in he first appearance in the vs movie, and then again, he was shit most every other time he showed up, except when he helped kick Gigan's ass

>Ebirah
fuck the lobster, all his appearances were awful, and I've yet to see the fucking cut of any of the films he's features in where Godzilla actually throws that nigger full out of the water

asexual, self fertilizing, doesn't mean it's a female

This is true. Sometimes he's 300 feet, sometimes he's 120 feet tall.

The MUTOs were great. Only a pleb would hate them. I'm not kidding when I say they're some of the best Godzilla villains. They have better chemistry than the protagonist human couple.

i love how it rains through the entire movie

i know it's probably just to hide the CGI, but it makes the movie comfy af to me

king kong vs Godzilla is pure kino.
it even involves a bunch of japanese tribals in blackface

Is there a fan edit that just strips the movie of the wife and kid? I swear that'd cut the movie down to 1:40 and fix a lot of the pacing issues. They were the most superfluous element of the movie.

You're not wrong. But I wasn't really intending to imply they were bad. The Mutos are just every bit as good.

Rain kino at its finest

It's possible, but people tend to criticise it for the wrong reasons like
>I don't like Matthew Broderick
>it's not like the japanese movies
>I am aware that the monster is CGI
>it's unrealistic

Who exactly is going to attempt filmic analysis and evaluation of a Roland Emmerich blockbuster? Nobody, because they think they can't learn anything since "it was just made for money lol". This attitude isn't excusable by pointing out that Sup Forums is a shitdump, because ultimately you're defending your aversion to intellectual exercises.

>MEESA KINO?

fuck those fish eyes are the stuff of nightmares

The Japs didn't care for it either.
youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

Nice animation, for the time. All hand-drawn.

It's really just a cartoon where a bunch of kaiju fight and stuff. And it's loads better than that older campy early-90's Godzilla cartoon. That's all I could really ask for.

Pretty sure all/most of the episodes are on youtube.

90s lighting >>>> COVER IT ALL UP IN DARKNESS DON'T LET 'EM SEE THE FLAWS AHHHHHHHHHH

also the helicopter chase was stupid.

As if we've gotten better. People legit think Civil War has bad compositing compared to Snyder's shit because Snyder has the good sense to make sure none of his movies take place on an earth with a sun.

Snyder can at least hide behind the fact that Batman is nocturnal as fuck and when you see him in daylight it loses some of that magic

it's a roland emmerich movie

you either love them or you hate them

True. Like I said it is good sense. We're just not ready for heavy CG /some forms of compositing in daylight yet.

It's not as deep and meaningful like the japanese Godzilla which is basically BvS for weebs

>the godzilla/muto parts made up for-

Just stop

>get mutated by human nuclear testing
>he's the bad guy
Reminder Godzillbro did literally nothing wrong.

>Just stop
He's not wrong. Stop being a faggot who can't handle other people liking things you don't like.

at least this movie was actually about godzilla

>He's not wrong

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good argument. Well played.

Jesus, what a little fagboy.

Jesus, what a little fagboy.

>video game tier CGI obscured by near total darkness AND a grey filter most of the time

Is that better?

>literal man in rubber suit demolishes PSX tier cutscene quality cityscapes
We arguing quality of CG in Goji flicks now?

>We arguing quality of CG in Goju flicks now?

No. Where the fuck did you get that idea? Have you paid any attention to this discussion?

I'd agree with this more or less.

Only the third act has anything worth watching. The first two qcts feel like boring filler rather than a meaningful build up. A Godzilla movie that doesn't feature a kaiju fight needs meaningful human characters to tie the film together.

They're design is pretty generic and forgettable, but they actually had pretty decent characterization.
Way better than Bombman.

>Have you paid any attention to this discussion?
I was. We went from Mutos and Goji in 2014 making up for its slow pacing to you bringing up the CGI.

The Mutos and Goji were great. Every bit as good as your rubber suit men.

:^)

At least the classic monsters have distinct and interesting designs. Even "giant lobster" is more interesting than the mutos.

This bait sucks. You even put the pointy nose smiley face at the end. You aren't even trying.

>Even "giant lobster" is more interesting than the mutos.
Except nah. "Giant spider bat and his giant spider gorilla girlfriend" are every bit as memorable as "giant lobster", "giant lizard dog", or "giant pterosaur". You're literally nostalgiafagging over giant rubber suits, friend.

And that's perfectly fine. They all are pretty memorable.

>I am aware that the monster is CGI
That's a very legit criticism. Shit CGI can be an immersion killer, which can also lead to a poor viewing experience. It's okay to be different from the other Godzilla films, but they at least attempt to make the monsters feel real and tactile with their practical effects.

Also, there's plenty of reviews that tear the film apart. Most of them address the human characters and their interactions, finding them to be boring or whatever. Just no one's gonna bother devoting time to dissecting what they believe to be a subpar movie on an image board. It's not about being anti-intellectual, it's about the time commitment for a thought out post versus a shitpost and the feedback that each one yields.

Nah not bait. Just a reflection of how seriously I'm treating your opinion is all.

There is literally nothing wrong with the CG in 2014. Nothing that isn't equally """"""""""wrong""""""""""" with rubber lizard men suits.

You can't tell me anguirus, rodan, megalon, gigan, king ghidorah, destoroyah, biollante, mothra, and mechagodzilla aren't an interesting, diverse, colorful lot of monster designs.

>lel no u xdd

>dat music

Is this unedited?

Nah not bait. Just a reflection of how seriously I'm treating your opinion is all.

There is literally nothing wrong with the CG in 2014. Nothing that isn't equally """"""""""wrong""""""""""" with rubber lizard men suits.

>i am now aware godzilla came out 20 years ago

jesus fucking christ

Armageddon was great though

Oh it's legit alright. They literally played a Sum 41 song in that scene.

I'm serious

It's not bait. He was talking about the pacing of the film with regards to them and then you decided to bring up a completey different issue.

Maybe you'd realize that if you didn't drop something mid-sentence like an utter child. "I can't hear you! la la la la..."

They are an interesting and diverse array of monster design. So is:

anguirus, rodan, megalon, gigan, king ghidorah, destoroyah, biollante, mothra, muto and mechagodzilla

You've got me wrong if you think I'm saying the other monsters /aren't/ interesting. I'm saying mutos are every bit as interesting as the likes of Rodan and Anguirus. As in they're all fine.

He said the godzilla/muto parts make up for the absolute shit that is the rest of the movie (the boring human characters). Can you not read?

And they did make up for it. Just because they looked subpar doesn't mean that they way the film handled them didn't drastically improve the pacing of the film.

But they're only in the movie for like 10 minutes. The rest is the dreadful human characters that couldn't possibly be any less interesting. It's not like the transformers movies were the cool robot shit (the only good parts of the movies) are served up in moderate amounts.