Headphones thread

Just got a set of Sony 7506. Are these any good? What do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/1-Pair-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-Headband-Cover-for-Sennheiser-HD515-HD518-HD555-HD558-HD595-PC350/32329306595.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you just got them then why are you asking if they're good?

they seem very popular for recording tracks in a studio. As far as closed ear go, I'd say those or the HD280s are the most popular closed ear headphone.

Nice, I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm Limited Editions. After some breaking-in and frequency cycles, they should sound even more balanced than they do already.

I was gifted them yesterday for Christmas....

These are proving very comfy. My dad is an old audiophile so he picked them out. Said you can’t get much better until you spend big bucks.

Wanted wired as I’ll be using them in office setting. Use earbuds doe gym/running. Will look at BT headsets for TV watching at home.

i use those, they're damn good op.

These with the O2/ODAC combo

I use the MDR-V6.

I was thinking between these or audio technica m40x
I heard the m40x were more flat

but I also kind of wanted something that would be appropriate for film, tv shows and music in general. So I'm thinking Sennheser HD579s, which I can get for $100

>555
What really sucks though is, that I have a pair of HD555's and my only issue with them is that after the years that I've had them, the pads have just been incredibly worn out. They still work great. And it sort of feel redundant to buy a pair of Sennheisers. Am I just being a tightwad?

>Am I just being a tightwad?
Yes. Pads wear out. Fact of life.
Now are some of Sennheiser's replacement parts priced quite high? Yeah, absolutely.

Have you looked at 3rd party chink alternatives on Ebay? Those can be pretty nice for way cheaper than originals.

Check aliexpress too, often cheaper than normiebay

$40 is a lot for genuine pads that are just velour. And I'm iffy on buying off brand chink made shit, The name brand stuff is bad enough. But in this situation, I guess I should.

>aliexpress
Never shopped there before. What does it mean by a "piece"? Does that mean a unit? Or am I not buying the ear pads as a set?

Got a pair about 6 months ago and use them for home use. Super comfy once they've been broken in for a couple weeks.

nevermind, I've figured it out. I was only getting one entry when I searched for "HD 555"
turns out I needed to lose the space

Still, did you mean listings like this one having price per piece?
aliexpress.com/item/1-Pair-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-Headband-Cover-for-Sennheiser-HD515-HD518-HD555-HD558-HD595-PC350/32329306595.html

In that case it just means a unit of what being sold, here 1 pair pads, 1 pair of foams discs, and 1 headband padding.

Got a pair of m40x on my head rn. They are quite flat but overall the quality is great, would definitely recommend for the price point. Only con is clamp factor is way too high

Why do you need a mobile number when ordering from Aliexpress? I don't have a cellphone.

should i listen to music with the 7,1 surround thingy (pic related) enabled or is just better to stick to stereo?

Stick to stereo.