twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Narkopop

banger of the year :
youtube.com/watch?v=XHG_0VHGi8c

Tried these and couldn't get into them desu

:/ they're real good though.

This grew on me so much

I'd give that about a 7.5/10
Nothing super special in my opinion but very consistent in quality.

here's my homosexual chart
arca is aoty

not OP but Ive been a fan of the dude for a while, his album "Jumping the Shark" is better in my opinion. less fun but the character portraits and the overall mood are more my speed (less "fun", really ratchets up the light depressive vibe of Forced Witness). check out
"The Comback"
youtube.com/watch?v=vJ0AzJWKHiY
"Real Bad Looking"
youtube.com/watch?v=3htbX9bW55o
"Taking Care of Business"
youtube.com/watch?v=6tGqK8_6hL4
"Gone South"
youtube.com/watch?v=meyuRbQbEso

But in all honesty the whole album is fantastic

Died - Died EP

lol didn't know this existed

Also, sorry about not posting my AOTY and staying on topic for the thread, I got worked up because I'm a bit of an Alex Cameron Stan
It's either
>Jonwayne- Rap Album 2
youtube.com/watch?v=MYrnqbrWbOI
or
>Ariel Pink- Dedicated to Bobby Jameson
youtube.com/watch?v=bkgFRE1eTeA&list=PLodHdx5B6Pt3KCJcltDfERXiXUsxtID3r
or
>King Krule- The Ooz
(Can't find a youtube link in the 10 seconds i spent trying, you all know the album because it was spammed on release)

here's my aoty roll chart
dale is 01

I think I like this a little better

>taking any 2017 chart without a Lingua Ignota album serious

I tried to like arcs and perfume genius but couldn't. Tennis was underrated. Why pop 2 and not number 1 angel?
Who she

very much an album for our times.

reccing this hard

This blew me away, Ghoste really stepped up his game

Easy

I've only made progress with ranking bodies of work.

1. King Gizzard
2. Mark Kozelek
3. Brockhampton
4. Guided By Voices

Did anyone else release multiple albums this year? Does this year seem kind of unique for that?

HE WAS A TINSEL TOWN TRAN KNEE

I think its some of his best work but really not even close to aoty. I like his pic related better desu

I'm feeling a light to decent this

good picks

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w

good mode

I CAN TELL EVERY DAY I STAY
ALL THE WHITENESS TURNS TO GREY
ALL THE GREY TO CIMMERIAN
AS THE BLACK IS SETTING IN

Wut no way

Just got into this one and I like it a lot.

I love the hell out of "Don't Take The Money" and "Everybody Loves Somebody," but it seems like the rest of the album is so much less amazing. Particularly the last half of the album seems boring to me. I usually listen till "Don't Take the Money" and then stop.

"Everybody Lost Somebody" is my song of the year though. I can't believe the same guy who made that song is responsible for "Look What You Made Me Do."

This one is up there.

rateyourmusic.com/list/HotOpinions/top-100-albums-of-2017/

Alvvays- Antisocialites takes the AOTY spot for me. It’s so pleasant and well written
Great pick. Helmet is a fucking ridiculous song
His best
Big props for being woke that Paramore album is incredible. Listening to it now
Great meme and also LA is so good
Definitely the best of their run

good shit

It was decent but he still has shit mixing
Underrated. Saw em live and they are great.
Liked it a lot more than I thought I would
God tier
God tier

the order changes from day to day, the tiers are more concrete.

solid desu, i feel like Brockhampton would be higher on a lot of AOTY lists if they hadn't given everyone three projects to choose from. That said, I can hear how quickly the album was recorded.

Solid. I think I just didn't give this as many listens as it deserved.

I guess that while I really enjoy listening to this, it doesn't stick out in my mind like a lot of other rap albums did this year

good chart/10. I didn't like Relaxer, Outrage is Now, or Luciferian Towers all that much, though.

Love this one, fantastic often hilarious lyrics, could have more more musical variety and different song structures though. Reminds me of guys like Warren Zevon, Tom Waits, Nick Cave

youtube.com/watch?v=oKZ5QjrUlFM
the real AOTY

>YEAH THERE'S THIS WOMAN ON THE INTERNET

>EVEN IF SHE'S SOME NIGERIAN GUY

God, I love that album. It's a close second to pic related for me

Lotta good underground hip hop. That billy woods album is great. Couldn’t get too into Ambient black magic tho

helmet kinda hurts to listen to. but in a good way.

For sure, same with Stoop Lights. Does such a good job of making you feel like he does

Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement panders to an aesthetic I like, so that gives it some extra points.

I liked this, but it doesn't feel all that unique. Which isn't *bad* but it doesn't compare well to a lot of other stuff I listened to.

peekaboo

>I liked this, but it doesn't feel all that unique. Which isn't *bad* but it doesn't compare well to a lot of other stuff I listened to.

I think it was real unique as far as being a really well-produced instrumental hip hop album in 2017. I haven't heard such atmospheric hip hop production done that well in a real long time. Particularly "Perpetual Purpose" - that moment 1:50 in when the second drum loop kicks in and everything else fades out is incredible. The whole thing is nuanced and tastefully fleshed-out, which isn't something I've been finding in a lot of modern releases like this.

Now I need to start an essential face-core thread

correct answer

only other one i've seen sun milk on, respect. liking the caddywhompus album as well

this is some magnificent shit

no album has made me feel this upset since xiu xiu's a promise, also it has way more reputability than people give it credit for
also good choices

reputability? haven't heard anyone doubting that, what do you mean?