What are the odds of making a living off music?

What are the odds of making a living off music?

incredibly low

>great lookin lady
>cross
dDROPED

the ones that do make it just get incredibly lucky. it takes a bit of skill and mostly just insane luck

I would eat her farts.

me3

>making music for the material benefits of it
I can't believe I ever fell for the idea of rock music in general. I mean, what uniqueness, creativity or imagination is there? Literally the entire genre is made just to play what, some idiotic shows? Sell some records? Why would anyone partake in that stupid lifestyle? Why can't we create a forest inside the three spirits of stones and unleash the beasts that roam in the dungeon? Why can't our whispers awaken the elixirs that cure the world's normalcy? Why can't two castles become trapped in orbs forced to combine into one another, and each kingdom tries to manipulate, criticize and dismiss one another using the arrows of bows? There is nothing special about rock music now. It was always just boring "watch some idiots play their instruments" without commanding the boat that travels the inner reaches of the universe. Why do we exist?

>making music to earn money

T. Demon

Look at this way: the difference between you as an artist and you in a realistic universe where you're honest with yourself is probably about $160,000. That's 4 years worth of wages. Do you want that, or a Bandcamp page no one listens to?
Now, who's that testicle receptacle?

why are crazy looking girls so pretty

So this is what it's like to be a sub 25 year old normalfag..... damn

>implying she doesn't just wear it because she thinks it's fashionable

If you are a great songwriter/performer you will probably make it. The people who complain about the music industry being "impossible" to break into just have to come to terms with the fact that no one wants to listen to their music.

You can certainly overcome the odds if you're good enough and work hard enough, but most people aren't willing to work hard enough. The vast majority of people are better off just getting a regular job.

depends on the kind of music and who you know

>being this asinine
Devout Christian women are 9/10 better looking than your average atheist she-hag, you fool.

This. Art hoes are just cat ladies in the making.

Weating crosses ironically is trendy, she is probably an atheist.

nice pasta

>he doesn't want to make a girl question her faith by doing heinous acts upon her

Thank God she's wearing a cross necklace, for a moment I thought she was a slut.

Not good and even if you did, it's not fun. Don't turn a fun hobby into work that you dread. Please.

These days it's like zero.

Maybe it sucks if you’re just scraping by as a Bandcamp artist, but the big ticket artists are living the best life.

Devout christina lady is a basic bitch, and empty inside. art hoes have the right idea

1 in 2, either you do or you don't

they aren't empty inside if they are filled with their love for jesus! art hoes aren't empty inside either because they are filled with dicks

Same as the odds of getting a gf desu

ok so they are too busy loving jesus to love you is what I got out of this post

we love jesus together and through that it strengthens our love on a divine level!

ok why can't an art hoe do something like that?
like sharing artwork with each other, and building a real stronger emotional connection and understanding with each other for example instead of jesus fan fiction?

All of them are lacking a true purpose in life and have no moral compass, therefore incapable of truly loving anyone but themselves. Female art students are inherently wretched women

ok tell me more im intrigued. also tell me what information you are basing this off of.

small at best

I need her to sit on my face

if she got in a fight with this woman who would win?

devout christian women also don't take pictures of themselves wearing lingerie and post them on the internet.

is this bait? art hoes are absolutely empty on the inside, they try to plug the hole of their dads leaving with dick but it doesn't work.

5 beats a day for 3 summers and you'll make it

I leave the house once in a while and mingle with real people instead of autists on Sup Forums. I've been inside of NUMEROUS real women. When you're intimate with someone like that, you can really tell who someone is. Art school girls are all dead inside. You'll learn one day. Try going to a party or something, that worked for me

ok yes some of these particular art chicks are pretencious and all that... but a devout christain chick is so dead inside, so wrapped up in her own religious delusions, she has no real humanity in her. Just take a five second look at OP pic for example, just look at her eyes.. or even talk to an religious nut in public.
These art chicks, the ones that would actually have sex with you, you would find ironically are also humanizing themselves and they know that sexuality is also part of being human and that they are not denying that.

im borderline homeless, sleeping on couches and giving blowjobs to strangers in public bathrooms for gas/food money but music is my calling. i wouldnt change a damn thing.

Wtf are you actually talking about anymore? Like I said, try leaving the house. Then again, if you don't think OP's woman there isn't good enough, maybe there's no helping you. Sorry and may God have mercy on your soul. Religious girls also have the most patrician taste in music, btw

what am I actually talking about anymore? actually go and read my post, which is in plain english. ok whatever don't @ me again, go have fun with jesus n friends all you want. but leave me out of it

Very low, but you wouldn't want to do that anyway. Depending on your art as your primary means of income completely taints the creative process and makes it no longer art. Make noise not money

>pic
mfw I listen to trap

you have a better chance winning the lottery than managing to make a living solely off music

this but unironically

>devout christian women also don't take pictures of themselves wearing lingerie and post them on the internet.
no they just send them out privately and go on omegle

besides actually being either a good songwriter, musician, have all the talent, work ethic/discipline, etc. you still have to be incredibly lucky to 'make it'. even with connections and whatnot. i know plenty of people with good connections to other musicians/public figures that helped them out but nothing happened beyond those initial attempts to get them out there simply because those at the next level are too busy working with others that they themselves are trying to get out there. that's another big thing, like anyone in the entertainment industry, there's thousands of talented, capable musicians and songwriters out there, the people with the power already know people within their circle that could fill in the music opportunities that come to them without ever needing to actually go outside and 'find' people.

Pretty good if you can perform and you just wanna survive.

Who is this semen demon?

Who is this Fluid Druid?

who is this jizz wizard?

mahy wyfe

I actually know quite a bit about the path to make yourself viable as an artist. A a close friend of a friend is an agent so I've been able to pick his brain on the matter and he gave some really cogent insight into the industry, especially how it's changed in that the last few years and even the last 12 months. A friend of mine attempted the struggle but didn't make it, it was too much of a grind. He went back and got an engineering degree and now does studio work. I can share more insider deets later.

Please do.

Here's a spoiler. His answer will amount to little more than "yeah...uh...I dunno it's like random and stuff". Agents don't know anything except what they're told to specifically look for.

Forget the money, play because you love it. If you earn enough income to quit your day jobs, good for you, but don't get your hopes up. Getting the right person to see you is a remote chance and even then you still have a good chance of being screwed.

Shut up you fucking christfag. Put that disgusting cross away before I snatch it from your neck.

This is helpful too, it all seems based around connections to greater entities. Hence why nobody gives a shit about your music unless you have something else to offer.

2/1. You either earn money or you don't