Does Sup Forums like the x files?

does Sup Forums like the x files?

Most do, some don't. I like it kind of, but it's too tedious for me in the long run.
Tried to watch the movie, but it's rather basic.

Uh... I dunno... yes??

Whats the best season

Season 1.

3 or 6

Season 3 for sure, so many great MOTW episodes as well as the peak of the mytharc

>6

>when you realize 90% of the cases stay unsolved and never catch the monster/bad guy

It's hard to re watch.

whats wrong with it?
dreamland,triangle,arcadia etc are all pretty great.

Season 1 and 2.

Same rules as Stargate, Season 1 is setting everything up, season 2 is kicking ass. Hit or miss after that.

>when your dads in the biz and you are immune to being fired

It has some good episodes, but it was also a turning point for the show and not in a good way.

Lemme see, the mytharc became a joke, too much focus on comedy, location change from dark moody Vancouver to Sunny Los Angeles, and oh yeah, 5 seasons worth of character development erased and the show basically being rebooted

Season 6 was a travesty in so many ways

yep

i dont get what was wrong with the character development? it seemed fine to me.

The atmosphere changed,yes,but it didnt really effect the writing.

The mytharc already was fucked by S4 so i didnt really mind if they retconned stuff plus i really liked the bigensis trilogy.

biogensis*

>The mytharc already was fucked by S4

The mytharc was fucked from the second it started. I'm like 90% sure they wrote it completely open ended without any idea where it was going to lead because they didn't know how long the series would last.

It's a clusterfuck of contradictions and constantly moving targets.

i think it could have developed more naturally if gillian didnt get pregnant in s2

>i dont get what was wrong with the character development? it seemed fine to me.
It didn't seem fine to me at all. Watching the first five seasons I loved seeing Mulder and Scully become closer with him becoming more discerning while she became less skeptical. By season 5 their roles were practically reversed, Mulder was fed-up with conspiracy theories while Scully was a believer.

Then all of a sudden season 6 comes along and it's back to the drawing board, they've reverted to their season 1 selves except with more romantic tension a la Moonlighting. To say I was pissed and felt betrayed would be an understatement, nevertheless I pushed on.

>The atmosphere changed,yes,but it didnt really effect the writing.
The writing just wasn't as good anymore, and the change in atmosphere didn't help. The writers were obviously grasping at straws at that point and while the show was still good, it was also more hit-or-miss than it was before.

>The mytharc already was fucked by S4 so i didnt really mind if they retconned stuff plus i really liked the bigensis trilogy.
Say what you want but at least the Syndicate was sufficiently shadowy and mysterious. Everything that followed was clusterfuck after clusterfuck and became a chore to sit through.

This. I actually have a pretty good idea of where the story could've actually went and the more I think about it, the more likely it seems as that's where Chris Carter wanted the story to go somewhat because there is a hint left behind throughout the rest of the show as well as other media (even Nolan seems to have done something with those original concepts in Inception and his Batman trilogy, it sounds crazy but if you look hard enough, you'll see it). Also, most of what direction the story is going is hinted at throughout all of the first season, they weren't even going the traditional aliens route.

Women getting pregnant always fucks up a show, same with Angel and Xena. Goddamn cunts need to learn that our entertainment is more important than their boring ass life

TV show contracts should include a tube-tying clause

I have nothing to watch and I'm sick. Is this worth watching?

yes

jknj

Actually perfect show to watch while being sick. The pacing is so fucking slow that you don't need much of a brain to begin with

>It didn't seem fine to me at all. Watching the first five seasons I loved seeing Mulder and Scully become closer with him becoming more discerning while she became less skeptical. By season 5 their roles were practically reversed, Mulder was fed-up with conspiracy theories while Scully was a believer.

It makes sense though,since mulder probably felt defeated and tierd and scully had too pretty much be his cheerleader,egging him on to continue his quest.

The only retarded thing was bringing in diana and mulder favoring her.

>The writing just wasn't as good anymore, and the change in atmosphere didn't help. The writers were obviously grasping at straws at that point and while the show was still good, it was also more hit-or-miss than it was before.

there were like 4 objectively bad episodes.

its the LEAST hit or miss season IMO.
Sure it was the most MOTW heavy but it pushed the story enough in the mytharc eps that it didn't matter.

>Say what you want but at least the Syndicate was sufficiently shadowy and mysterious. Everything that followed was clusterfuck after clusterfuck and became a chore to sit through.

I think they reached the peak of that storyline anyway,where else could they have gone? The shadow government continues to be mulders foil? that would and had gotten boring real quick.They should have expanded on the gibson praise storyline IMO.

>slow pacing=brainless tv

wut.
it doesnt make something inherently good or bad.

>its the LEAST hit or miss season IMO.
I dunno, maybe it was my dejection at the arcs being ignored combined with the change in atmosphere, but I just didn't feel the same magic that I felt in earlier seasons. A lot of them seemed mediocre, and like mentioned earlier season 6 is too comedy-heavy. In some ways it's like watching a different show

Don't get me wrong I like all of the X-Files, even season 9, but I don't think the show was ever the same after the first movie came out.

Love it. Currently marathoning it for the second time ever. On season 6

Beyond the Sea is kino as fuck

i disagree also 5 was an awful season aside from a couple classics and 4 was the same.

i personally think the show changed after 3,but think 6 and 7 were as enjoyable as the first 3 but for different reasons.

I'm curious -- what are you referring to?

Just watch the show but if you really want to know...

First keep highly in mind the twist in Season 10 (just this year) and then realize that the aliens are actually demons.

there weren't any demons in inception

>You will never be a solider that pushes around FBI agents.

Yea, but the show -is- quite brainless. The episodes could easily end in ~20 minutes, they're all very predictable.

You really have to look closely to see how it fits.

well they usually show the "bad guys" face in the opener or like 15 mins in so,congrats on figuring that out.

Season 10 didn't make any sense at all. I'd rather not keep it in mind.

Thanks. It's predictable as fuck and nothing much happens beside that at all.

most shows are that way after you've seen a few.its all about picking your poison.

X Files, Xena, Twin Peaks, or Buffy?

pick One

Ya, and I do like X-Files somewhat as well, it has real neat concepts, and the episodes can be really neat. But the pacing is still slow as shit and doesn't warrant the hour or so it's been given (at least as far as filler episodes are concerned, can't remember the mythology episodes all too well right now)... so it's great to watch while being sick. Not much is happening and you have a lot of time to figure that little out while your brain is half dead.

x files isn't supposed to be a mystery show, it's not supposed to le mindfuck you

TXF,its a mix of all 3.Albeit a shaky one.

I love it watching it right now actually I will say this it completely falls off the rails after season 5 . save your time and don't watch anything between season 6-9 . when they moved production to California it turned to shit . season 10 like 1-5 is filmed in British Colombia and its great .

Its really not that slow compared to other 1hr long shows like Sopranos,Mr.robot or Mad men.

I agree that the seasons could have been shorter but the format other than that was fine.

i will never get this opinion,4 and 5 were shit aside from like 4 eps collectively.

>when they moved production to California it turned to shit
This right here, even the lighting fuck changes from that cozy northern feel to harsh streets of fucking LA, all because Duchovny wanted to have a movie career.

nah they're were great, especially season 4

and he ended up starring in another long-running TV series, set in LA

I guess it turned out alright for him

4 had some of the worst eps in the series and one truly great one,5 had two amazing ones and the rest are mediocre to bad.

season 4 goodies

HOME

Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

"Tunguska"

"Terma"

"Tempus Fugit"

"Max"

"Gethsemane"

just 4 episoads in 4-5 ???? nigga you high ?

Musing small potatoes and mayyyybe sanguinarium are the best

Detour,Bad blood and folie a deux are S5s best eps.

The rest is a mess.The mytharc died after S3

>mytharc
are you referring to the smoking guy and the mysteries behind him ?

yes.

also i would love an TXF reboot involving those two.

lmao same maybe in season 11 they can be the new lone gunman or something

Pretty good. Shame about the main storyline that got butchered (they clearly didn't know where to take it), but still, there are many great episodes, especially in early seasons. Those written by Darin Morgan are god tier. "Quagmire" is 10/10 as well, and "The Unnatural" written by Duchovny is amazing, giving the main alien antagonists more flavor than most of mytharc episodes.
It all goes to shit without Mulder, so there are only few nice episodes (like "John Doe") in the last seasons. The series finale is shit. The new series, (season 10), is also shit.

I think 8 and 9 would have been decent if they stuck with the tone of 6 and 7 but instead they made it super depressing and they strung the "mulder is coming back" plot line longer then they should have cause duchovny asked them too so dogget never got to grow as a character properly.