Where is there a goth scene

where is there a goth scene

also do any of you make goth shit, what's good inspiration for making music like that?

Sorry im gay

idk what else am i supposed to call it

that's ok

>what's good inspiration for making music like that?

music like that.

It's not like making good goth rock is difficult, you just have to stop trying to make something "unique" and "original" and "innovative" because chances are that you're just gonna fall flat on your face if you try.

Just copy the big names of the early 80s. You'll sound a bit different whether you want it or not anyway. The best you can hope for is to live up to the standard that was set back then.

Also Martin Gore's nipples.
Very important source of inspiration.

It probably lingers on in dank parts of London and UK seaside towns

probably not gonna move to the uk but maybe

>local venue has dark themed night supposed to be goth, post punk, minimal wave, etc
>check it out
>just a bunch of shit like the Horrors playing
>girls dressed like normal tumblr hoes except for two 50+ year olds

i wish i was dead

That's it, death and black metal scene was always better

What's wrong with the Horrors?

Horrors are alright but you want Fields of the Nephilim or Impaled Nazarene lad

That's true

>where is the goth scene
People like OP's pic killed it.

>I want the overplayed shit instead of the less overplayed and/or new stuff
Dumbass

I can hear The Horrors on Capital Radio lad, not many people will put on Urga Karma or Catastrophe Ballet

Imagine the smell...

>I can hear it on the radio so let's just play something everyone already heard 2 thousand times
Yeah stay at home please you're one of the problems

There’s actually somewhat of a goth scene out here in Phoenix. But you’d have to move to Phoenix which I don’t recommend

The goth scene is all around you just believe

It's dead because the music was taken back by the normies from the social retards who tainted the sound for 2 decades.
Now, anyone can make it without having to be associated with idiots who dress and act 16 when they're in their 30s.

>defending the Horrors
come on pleb

Horrors are good pleb
But also they're not really a goth band are they?

Strange House is absolutely goth. After that, nit really.

SF / Bay Area has always had a vibrant goth scene and apparently still does - an old exGF pots on FB incessantly about which club night she should hit or her setlists from DJ'ing

I'd love to be able to hit a good goth club night, just for old times sake, but honestly (and I say that as a fan of goth music, goth clubs, and especially goth girls) - I can't imagine why any younger person would want to get into
(as opposed to just check out) that or any other retro scene.

Take my ex - my 40 something ass sees a fine ass chick without all the annoying bullshit that comes with younger chicks, y'all probably see your mom's crazy friend who uses too much make up and hair spray.

When I was in my teens and twenties there was always that one kid who was in love with the 60s, and would swing on the dick of anyone who acted like they could remember the Summer Of Love - I hated that kid, or the kid hanging out with the creepy old burnouts who actually saw Led Zep and still bopught weed by the 'lid' Now I run into kids with cobain portrait tattoos who gush when i talk about Seattle in the 90s - as much as I hate it, I'd rather they try and convine me of Lil Peep's artistic merits than pine for a dead scene

What I'm getting at, Are you sure you WANT to find a goth scene? It's not going to be like the movies (always with that club scene where club is packed, everyone is beautiful and young and in leather dancing to Skinny Pupopy or Front242) it's going to be mostly old losers.

Goth has the classic problem of stagnation- attempts to breathe new life into it and attract newer fans seem to fail (steamounk / aggrotech, anyone/.com) and not be considered goth, whereas bands who stay traditional just sound like weaker versions of Sisters Of Mercy or The Cure and who needs that?

>sorry about the semi blog post, whatever, I used a trip just filter me instead of wasting everyone's time with a bitch post

Demon vagina smells delicious.

you know sometimes you just want to dance to music you like, with other people who also like that music.

pretty simple

I get tired of all the edm/rap/techno whatever that plays at the popular clubs for young people. As a 22 year old I pretty much go to those for drinks and pussy otherwise i'd gouge my ears out

>for drinks and pussy

heh, I hear ya. I used to go to gay clubs for the cheap drinks and to pick up chicks who started the night intent on avoiding dudes hitting on them but were ending it drunk and horny from seeing fit well dressed queers dancing. Good pussy that even a 7 /10 poorfag like myself could score, but goddamn that fucking UUNNTZ UUNNTZ UUNNTZ uuntzuntzzUUNNTZUUNNTZUUNNTZ techno sucked

I get ya, though, going out and enjoying a scene is kinda different from striving to be into the scene, if you know what I mean, which is what I though you meant, you see what I mean?

But, honestly, be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Whereabouts do you live?

Hey guess I don't have to move then.
I'm not really about being a "goth", like I don't dress the part or anything, but I do like the themes and fucking putting chorus on everything

fuck a scene
every scene

this but also
fuck you
every you

there's truth to this... can't stand the try hard hot-topic tier "evil bitch" types.

There's a scene for that around where I live in seattle. There's a dedicated goth club open 7 days a week that gets packed with all sorts of different people every week. And there are goth nights every day of the week at other clubs in the area. There are also a couple of goth bands in the area too.

i'm not one for "scenes" but i love goth music unironically and rarely find people with similar interests outside of Sup Forums and music forums.

midwest USA

techno summons the best goths.

t. bloopfag who has no fucking idea what a goth should be like

The Mountain Goats - Goths, that's your answer. Goth is dead.