Is Piracy degenerate?

Is Piracy degenerate?

Not when you can't get it a different way.

I rent movies and TV shows from the DVD shop to save bandwidth but sometimes they can't get certain things. Even if they call up another store to see if they can ship it over the answer is usually no.

So I jump on the net and rev up that bandwidth.

99% of any media consumption is degenerate, doesn't matter whether you paid for it or not.

what's the remaining 1%?

Christian TV.

don't they have digital services in australia world

Yeah that's only recently started to catch on over here. In the last year Netflix only just reached us and we already have 3 competitors two of which were created by TV stations. Our digital library is split over them all. Too expensive to subscribe to them all.

Is stealing from Jews degenerate?

what about good honest developers

I don't play many games, especially newer ones. I buy books from authors I respect if that tells you anything.

No, here is legal. Somehow or government doesn't see copying strings of one and zero as stealing.

Is copyrighting ideas degenerate?

is decapitation degenerate?

such as?

No, copyright is the tool of the jew.

It's just copying sequences of bits. There's nothing morally wrong with that.

Nah, it's a good way for us pisspoors to have a little taste of the good life.
When I was a kid I starved myself at school to save up for keeping my PC specs up to date. Pushing thirty now and I am yet to pay money for any type of software.
Someday perhaps, but asking 1/3 of my monthly wage for a computer game is a bit of a tall order.

But you can't be guilty of copyright infringement as a individual using piracy for personal use. Copyright laws were always meant for corporations. Jews protecting their means of production and ideas from other Jews. If you are not marketing what you copy, you have nothing to worry about.

No, plutocracy is degenerate. """""""""Piracy""""""""" is justice. If we were really doing things right, we'd be destroying the studio that makes a movie or tv show after we download it.

piracy is an indication of being poor. Being poor is degenerate.
PIratefags are degenerates who should go in the funrnaces

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable." - Lord Gaben

>Being poor is degenerate
Fuck you
I'll enjoy seeing your economy crumble after you leave

Paying for disposable entertainment is more degenerate than investing in hard assists desu

Netflix, Hulu, Spotify comes out to $25/mo, which is about two hours of work for most people. I don't see the point in pirating movies and television when these kinds of services exist at such a low price.

I see you don't care about supporting a content creator then.

Very much depends. If the content owner fails to make it available in time (tv shows and movies), piracy is fine.

If you plan to test it an buy it later, its fine too.

If you're making money off of it, piracy is not fine.

they're all shit unless you have pleb taste which you probably do

I do, but not in a degenerate medium like video games. I own a Ps3 and barely play it.

>supporting gay leftists
I'd rather eat the money

>If you plan to test it an buy it later, its fine too.
question is if you can get it for free, why would you bother paying for it?

Not necessarily degenerate in and of itself. However I do think people who defend piracy as if watching movies for free is some kind of God-given right are pretty degenerate. Corporations who produce films and music and games and whatever the fuck else spend money on those productions and have a right to compensation, plain and simple. However in practical terms illegal downloading is something that is just going to occur one way or the other and I don't think prosecuting it is a good use of public resources.

The way companies are starting to compromise by offering low-cost streaming and download services makes more sense. I'll download something if that's the only way to get it without spending $30 on the BluRay or whatever. However beyond that there's really no reason to download anything anymore when you can just pay like $10 a month for Netflix or Hulu and have access to pretty much any movie ever made. Music makes even less sense to download; Spotify or Apple Music are like $10 a month too and give you access to just about any album you could want. When I was a kid if I wanted an album I had to save up $16 and buy the CD; I would have shot up my whole school for access to a $10/month music subscription service.

I very, very rarely download anything anymore for precisely that reason, so I feel like I can justify the handful of things I have downloaded. However if you're so cheap or poor that you can't spend $20 a month on entertainment but still think you have a God-given right to be entertained for free at the expense of others, then yes, degenerate is basically the only word to describe you.

Because the content is worth the price being asked.

Croteam
CD Projekt
Bohemia
Zachtronics
Lucas Pope

that's about it

Nah, it's a way of bypassing artificial scarcity imposed into abundant goods

If i bought everything i downloaded i would be broke. This is the only justification i can give

>giving money to pedowood

Terrible argument

Don't forget Paradox

> watched Dog Soldiers for free last night on Putlocker

Felt good man.

depends on which studio/company you're stealing from

If the game you pirated isn't from a triple A developer then it would be to support the dev.

No.

Ask yourself this. Would you be experiencing these films/games/music etc if you had to pay for it?

There's a load of stuff I've enjoyed that I would not have bothered to pay for.

So they're not losing money.

I'd still just be playing WoW or something.

But because I pirate, I've got access to countless things that have expanded my mind.

Pirating books is great, because the file size is pathetic and it has expanded my knowledge and interests.

>Paradox
>Removing mods from the workshop

This also applies to unknown artists or tv shows.

>((((Paradox))))

i'm sorry, i thought we were discussing honest developers

Ah yes Paradox, such honest developers, don't forget to buy the new sprite pack, only $5.99! Oh, and a new music pack is coming out, only $3 for a whole 2 new tracks!

>Sell small bonus content that doesn't affect gameplay if you want to support them for more immersion
>Let you access DLC you don't have in multiplayer if host has the DLC
>Bad

Fuck off

Kinda depends.

I used to pirate music, back when sometimes I could wave money in the air and not find the music I wanted. Or it was available but had restrictive DRM.

Once it all went on Amazon for 99 cents and less with no DRM, I stopped pirating music. Not worth the bother for that kinda money.

I'm too lazy to pirate movies but I wouldn't blame someone who did. $19.99 to buy a digital movie? That's kinda bullshit. And then it's got DRM and you're restricted on where and how you can play it. I wouldn't consider movie piracy to be degenerate.

Games, eh, kinda, if only because the bullshit pirate sites you have to go to are going to get you into trouble one day. Not like FBI trouble, but more like "14 year old Russian steals your bank login with a keylogger" type of trouble.

>making a copy of something is stealing

sure thing yid

this nigga gets it

If they enjoy what they do, they can deal with minimum wage. It's like a hobby, but better.

ABSOLUTELY RARE

Don't forget Warhorse Studios that shit all over SJWs.

>I buy books
>2016

stealing is stealing, you dumb thieving faggot

>making photocopies of money is just copying colors and patterns

stupid hue-nigger

Maybe you'd have more money if you spend more of your time working instead of watching stolen content

Another fucking idiot that rationalizes thievery
>I wouldn't have paid for that stuff that I stole anyway, so it's ok that I stole it

>retard does not understand scarcity and value

So let me get this straight.

When I download an illegal copy of a movie, I still it. Therefore, if a movie costs 10$, the balance of the producer is -10$.

And when I decide I like the movie and buy it for 10$ afterwards, the balance is 0$.

And if I'll download it 100 more times, the producer's balance is -1000$.

Otherwise piracy would not be theft.

Correct me if I'm wrong.