The Unabomber was right

Is ted Kaczynski the greatest mind ever to grace the prison system? He was a child prodigy, math genius, and self-sufficient survivalist who just wanted to be away from people and morally-erosive technology, but society wouldn't stop expanding and encroaching on his wilderness.

If you read his manifesto it makes perfect perfect sense. All his predictions have come true. Further, his bombings were purely to attract attention to the issue, rather than to kill people for his own satisfaction. He decries the loss of fundamental freedoms due to the social contract.

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxRuLT4FIE
youtube.com/watch?v=-gvDih2moIs
youtube.com/watch?v=yXavNe81XdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DME5tOYixqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Greatest hero of the 20th century 2bh

You can make a point without killing people or hurting people, you faggots. Just like Snowden, he could've leaked the information correctly instead he's a fucking coward dodging extradition. Kaczynski had some admirable points, but instead of making them he chose to blow people up and go to prison. He's no better than a filthy brain-dead muslim, despite how smart or cogent his beliefs may have been.

>What does Sup Forums think?
The dude was a genius and this world honestly doesn't deserve people like him.

And now he's in ADX Florence because he sperged over a road and blew some people up.

Except for him it wasn't information, but a theory that had yet to be proved. And nobody would've listened to his, by past standards, crackpot theory. But he was actually right and here we are. Plus they wrecked his favorite spot in the woods so he chimped out

I feel like if he was in a position of power he would be a great leader.

In the words of another redoubled man: "to make an omelette one must break a few eggs"

Besides, this was before the internet and he is anti technology, so there was no way for him to be anything besides white noise unless he made people stop, look, and listen.

Otherwise he'd be just one more crazy "the end is nigh" dudes on the street corner, or that's how he'd be seen.

Kaczynski was right, especially in his letters to people writing him that expounded upon the idea of the global village and the impact of social media on the masses.

That being said, he didn't know how to spin his message, and package it into a more positive spin. He just packaged it into bombs and lived inawoods.

I understand your point of view, but I don't understand why innocents had to be killed.

If people started encroaching on my camp I'd kill them too. The idea of civil forfeiture and eminent domain are ludicrous to me. Can you blame native Americans for killing white guys who killed all their buffalo? Or settled and built houses on the place they traditionally set their teepees during springtime? No, of course not, they have to do everything in their power to survive as they know how, and if that means having a go at some people, then more power to them.

Same with Ted. I've punji-pitted the area around my camp so nobody can come fuck with me.

The Breivik hoax totally ripped off this guy's work.

Fascinating stuff.

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

>he didn't know how to spin his message
THAT'S BECAUSE HIS MESSAGE IS UNSPINNABLE, IT IS THAT STUPID.

His solution to the problems he identifies is for everyone to return to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

Just fucking insane.

How else do you grab the world's rapt attention? I think he should have targeted the perps of encroachment and legislators but hey, that's just be "terrorism".

Find me a better way to make everyone pay attention to you, given its the 80's and you have little capital, no fame, and no internet.

>Further, his bombings were purely to attract attention to the issue, rather than to kill people for his own satisfaction
wew i never actually considered this
i figured the pressure got to him

Nah, he was quite fine with early bronze-age living, or at least Neolithic rather than pure hunter-gatherer. Personally I prefer hunter-horticulturalist semi-monad but that's just a person preference.

>my camp
In what circumstances are you currently living m8?

He was explicit about it being extreme and regrettable, but ultimately necessary as it was the only vehicle for rapt attention. If he only did it to bad people He would get the reputation of a vigilante, or if he did it to government peopl he'd have the terrorist label. But random people?

That's genius. Measured, calculated, empathetic genius.

I keep seeing people point to this guy as some charismatic genius but I've honestly seen nothing really fascinating about him or his theories

he's just a terrorist trying to glorify him is sad desu

i thought i'd look for his PhD dissertation and found a bunch of articles claiming it's some sort of insane wizardry or some shit
it's basically just fucking analysis
anyone who passed topology could have done this shit
the only reason nobody had done it is because analysis is a pain in the ass
i'm really disappointed tbqh i was hoping for some grothendieck-tier genius but it's just regular genius

Also he was only caught because of his rat brother.

The fbi never would have found him themselves.

He's fucking right. I hate his anti-technology shtick, but he's fucking right

>better known for other work
lmao

>The fbi never would have found him themselves
Nah once he got his manifesto published the clock was ticking.

Too many people knew his style and ideas. He had written letters to newspapers about the same issues too.

He was 100% right.

When someone interprets as derogatory almost anything that is said about him (or about groups with whom he identifies) we conclude that he has inferiority feelings or low self-esteem. This tendency is pronounced among minority rights advocates, whether or not they belong to the minority groups whose rights they defend. They are hypersensitive about the words used to designate minorities. ... Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual, white males from middle-class families.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

>just wants to be left alone
>murders people
I'm sure he was smart and has wise insights but he was obviously not well or righteous.

>Too many people knew his style and ideas
His own fucking brother tipped off the feds

I have a house and a job but I get lots of time off because my house is off the grid so I don't have to work full time to pay for it (FL so pretty much no property tax, constant sunshine for solar). I am an adjunct professor of anthropology at a state university.

My camp is out innawoods and looks similar to the guy from Primitive Technology's, except I emulated Sumerian building style and baked mud-bricks and have a second 3 room house (kitchen, sleeping quarters, workroom) made of our local clay, fire hardened. Took me a year to pay the foundation but after that it was basically stacking legos. I have running water from the river and a kiln/forge/kiva based on the Chaco canyon firepits.

I grow my own corn out there, as well as barley and millet, and I built a still (the one thing I did purchase was copper piping for the still, everything else is earthenware) following popcorn sutton's how-to. I have a patch of potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc. Pretty much anything seasonal that you can water with an irrigation canal (also mud-brick, qanat style) I can grow with next to no effort.

This image just made me hate technology.

Thanks.

The technocrats and their system declared war on mankind and the concept of freedom. What Ted Kaczynski did was self-defense. You can tie it up in ethical arguments, but the fact is their system operates by that kind of reason and rationalism, and it's inimical to humanity. The free man is not a slave to abstracts.

Google Ted Kaczynski MK ULTRA

But we won't stop.

He's right. What happens when you take a dog and put him in a kennel? He becomes depressed and fat. What happens when you let him outside to run around and chase animals? He's happy and lean. Same with humans.

Yelling at a brick wall does noting

Why do you think so many people are angry about Muslims but nothing happens to stop them?

The people in power have never been on the receiving end of a shooting so they simply repeat that it's small groups of radical idiots.

How does this make you feel?

Hopeful.

I don't buy that it was project MK ultra but I definitely think those experiments are what redpilled him. I got redpilled by sustained philosophical discourse and weed with a really really good background in human nature and human history.

"No thanks, I'd rather stay at home and make out with my Marilyn Monrobot."

>four dudes watching a fifth dude dry hump

gayer than today's shooting

A part of my soul dies with every moment that passes. And the worst part? Oh, the WORST part?

Here I am on my computer posting memes on a Malaysian rutabaga harvesting board

looks pretty shitty if that laptop is the feed

> black person acts out with violence because of oppression
Sup Forums calls them worthless stupid monkeys
> white person acts out with violence because of oppression
Sup Forums calls them a genius hero
Jesus Christ Sup Forums really is fucking retarded

Admittedly technology isn't without its advantages but beside a coordinated effort to colonize other planets and ensure our survival as a species I don't think social meds technology is a good thing. It encurages too much groupthink. Sup Forums included.

Yep, he probably could have gone either way, morally speaking.

Video is better, I just can't find it now while at work.

If I wasn't planning on joining the reserves in 2 years Id definitely try to get a corespondence going with the guy. So hes not a "genius." You don't get a mathematics PhD being stupid. I plan on fortifying before I set out for military life and I'd like to learn a few tips from a master on that. Every time he's brought up, no matter how much he'd rather be dead than where he is, hes thriving. Solitaire 23 hours a day and I'd bet he's more well read and in better shape than at least half this board

>Sup Forums included.

What is it about this Indonesian stamp-collecting board that draws people in?

Let's see a nigger who got into Harvard at 16 and earned their PhD at 22. Let's see a nigger with a manifesto that has predicted future societal trends with pinpoint accuracy. Let's see a nigger who can even make a bomb.

Protip: there are none

He was a genius, regardless of what he did. There a dumb idiot white people who lash out, but here we discuss a guy with a fantastic point. Find me a nigger worthy of dicussion in this way.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, WTF???

He's right about almost everything he discusses, but I think his understanding of the "technological revolution" is.. misaligned.

From the perspective that he discusses it, he's absolutely correct, but there's another that's equally important. Technological progression, as driven by government and later funded by consumers, was, is, and will continue to be an arms race. From this perspective, even outside the scope of the average American (their affinity for electricity, running water, television) and their reluctance to give up their new found conveniences, there was no stopping progress. I know he knew that he wouldn't succeed, but even if he accomplish his sought after goal I don't believe it would have been enough.

Essentially, you can't win the arms race game by not playing, and I believe that be misunderstood that that's what technological progress really is / was / will continue to be.

No censorship. It aligns with my predilections without being an echo-chamber. Generally comfy and unpretentious, best memes.

The only way to check your life score is when you quit

if you're doing your job right you're a joke writer on the world's greatest talk show.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/

that sounds nice, do you have any photos?

He was psychologically damaged for life from a series of Harvard experiments he participated in that didn't care to take into consideration any benefit he would receive from the study.

He went crazy because the system let him down.

I feel like people who think this way can just opt-out of society; go innawoods and secede, and maybe mask it as a religion so the government makes sure you don't get encroached upon. Either way I feel like when we colonize a new planet this is how it should be. Let that world start again from scratch and make sure no Tower of Babel can be made.

This to be honest. He blew up a building that a lot of hard working Americans built, there's nothing honorable or morally right about that. If the guy was a genius he would of been able to live his mountain man lifestyle just fine away from civilization. The U.S is really fucking big and there's still plenty of wilderness where a guy could never be found, especially a couple decades ago before mass surveillance and drones. His bombings were nothing more than a selfish act to get people to pay attention to him

>He blew up a building that a lot of hard working Americans built
You are thinking of McVeigh's truck bomb, Kaczynski used anti-personnel bombs

Only ever taken one, as I actually got a cell phone (which I leave in my car, I don't want the government knowing my location exactlt) right after I finished construction which replaced any need I had for a camera. This was before I got the irrigation canal going, as it's been a project a few years in the making.

not bad but I'd be worried about alligators in your bum house

That's from Mali.

You got a problem with mcviegh b o y?

You're an adjunct professor of faggotry.

Did you learn how to do all that through anthropology?

I'm aiming to be an anth prof and I'd probably just die in any innawoods situations.

looking good. do you get by on subsistence farming or do you hunt or bring in food from outside?
and how do you pass the time? do you just work on the house and tend to the garden or do you have a library or something?

He was an MKUltra test subject. Seriously, look it up.

Fuck off, anthropology is the hands down best social science.

>morally-erosive technology
all of my keks

If you really consider the facts.. the internet has done nothing truly positive. Especially if you get bogged down in the opinions of others that differ from your own. Its a bloodbath.

Not to mention the countless industries that have been ruined by the commerce delivery system of goods and services.

not necessarily, anthropology is very quickly going the way of the cuck. cultural anthropology is already too far gone to be saved, and the fields of physical/forensic anthropology are already feeling the pressure to conform. cultural anthropology is basically SJW: the field

>innocents
He bombed people complicit in the technological takeover.

I loved that game.

They weren't innocent.

No desire to bomb people and Im not smart enough to wright a manifesto. But I sure do wish I could afford to check out and live in the woods.

He wasn't trying to glorify himself. I think he had gotten a glimpse of the future and realized there was no point.

The internet has, and will ruin the world even more. I still have plenty of friends and family I talk to. But it has given people an easy way out from making real human contact and they retreat to the internet and snap. I love the net and hate it. It does way more damage than good.

I mean the posters here

If the write brother can build a plane you can do anything you want
>hands down the least shitty of this wing of science that's hardly science
I'll adjunct my dicks head to your sisters tonsils

They don't stray from the river much and my qanats are too small/covered for them to end up anywhere besides my outhouse cesspool. I have eaten them before and they're tasty.

Similar lattitude but no.

Yes. But not through courseowrk, though intense study and fascination with human technology/building techniques. I also have masters in history so I essentially get government funded vacations of archaeological sites when I out in the effort to fill out grant applications. The writing/research portion has never been a problem to me since that's what I do in my free time anyway.

When I live there (which I only do during the summers and when I have vacations and sabbatical semesters) I usually out work into improving it. When I'm there I'm completely self-sufficient. Usually there are coconuts and bananas in the woods surrounding so even if I Let my garden lay fallow I can sustain on wild flora and trapped fauna. I usually eat rabbits, squirrels, birds, and fish. Fishing is the easiest because any fish-catch will net (no pun intended) 3-5 fish every few hours. Gator is the biggest meat I eat here though. It not often I get to but it tastes like chicken with the consistensy of frog legs. Biggest problem I have out there is squirrels, as they tend to eat my crops but I just shoot arrows. Time is spent making clay tablet reproductions in hebrew, sumerian and Babylonian cuneiform, and Egyptian, and smoking my crop of ganj. I sell the tablets to nerds and it helps pay bills

Are you saying internet murdered people with information? Point where the bloodbath occurred comrade.

I've come to the same conclusion. It's useful for getting the news quickly and researching efficiently, but the social aspect really fucks with our brains. We evolved to talk face-to-face, we should've known that any abstraction/distortion of that would have consequences.

easiest halloween costume

The internet made you autistic.

>I have eaten them before
>I literally ate a dinosaur lizard
jesus christ, fuck florida

I have to take public transportation here in Taiwan.. and it literally a sea of zombies - faces buried in their cellphones.. walking everywhere.

My only hope is to cash in on some awesome cellphone app and I wont give a fuck what these zombies do with their pathetic lives.

I completly agree

he was pure autist

intelligent men fuck qt pies and have own jets

or destroy foreign markets

or rule the world

he was little tinny whinny cunt

and the life goes on while he rots in the prison

>and I built a still

Moonshining?

>I have to take public transportation here in Taiwan.. and it literally a sea of zombies - faces buried in their cellphones.. walking everywhere.

Same over here, but so long as they don't look-and-walk at the same time, I don't care. Beats when some person with a mental problem starts being loud.

I've eaten gator. I live in Texas.

it's similar to chicken

nobody posted this shit yet, wat is wrong with you?

Memetic warfare is also part of this shit! get informed!

youtube.com/watch?v=DME5tOYixqM

I was autistic before the internet though, completely sure of it. Diagnosed at age 6 and at that point my hobbies were staring at the ground, reading textbooks for fun and digging for insects. Didn't have Internet or even video game consoles until several years later. I think it definitely does make it worse though.

I actually have felt like I got better socially with the internet, but it's probably an illusion and the reality is that everyone else has gotten worse.

Finkelstein.

Every time.

Thanks for opening the thread, you are not a faggot! :^)

well so do I and god help you

God bless Texas

plz, watch it OP!!!!!

thanks mate

You can get them in restaurants down here but they are eaten much more commonly from Mobile to New Orleans. I mostly have caimans near me but when I see a big Brutus/Nero looking mofo I stab it in the skull and salt it. Stone tools are more than adequate for hunting gators.

Technically, but only because I plan to bug-out permanently one day.

Stimulation is modern Soma. When you build what people biologically desire (stimulation, sex, drugs) into culture, You can create the illusion of free will where really you can stifle people any other way.

That was me as a kid as well. Bug-hunting, stick-fighting, watching documentaries and surgery and stuff. Im relatively sure I was a child prodigy but my potential plateaued after I was introduced to the internet .

how do you correctly leak the information that the state you work for is illegally spying on it's own citizens when they'll execute you for it?

stupid burgerclap