ded thred -

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception
youtu.be/t9caU8yjJmk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmsafe5d4oM
youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Knock knock

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Mrs Baddeley's famous plum puddings.

Who is there!

Kek

Doctor

that's what I said

Truly the Capaldi bouffant is a worthy successor to Pertwee's.

Is the latest season kino?

I haven't gotten to the point of marathoning it yet.

>friend tells me about Doctor Who
>say. "Yeah It's alright. I liked Eccleston best as new doctor, I enjoy it but the amount of asspull the show has gets on my nerves a bit"
>She literally hates me now
did I fuck up /who/? She asked me what I'm talking about and every time she just countered it by saying "But they explained that so it's fine. Did you know they didn't plan for that?"

>arguing with a woman

You lost from the start senpai

>She literally hates me now
>Over your opinions on a TV programme

Sounds to me like you're better off without her.

I know everyone here already came to the conclusion that Doctor Who is called a "family" TV show, but in reality is the most violent and shocking thing on TV.
Even in violent series like GOT or something else famous because of "muh violence", you will never see people being desintegrated, suffering horrible diseases - and you actually see step by step a person suffering such thing - and another innumerable violent disasters.

S'alright.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception

Now it's a given that Capaldi is leaving, I genuinely hope 12 gets a good send off. Smith's felt rushed and Tennant's was a bit self-indulgent. 9's remains the best of NewWho. Hope 12's changes this.

I mean I like who and all, But seriously the way they tend to bring shit back with the flimsiest of exuses I'm honestly surprised that not more people are kinda pissed off at it sometimes. But I guess since it's the whacky doc doing whacky stuff it's fine.

Apparently she's one of these extreme fangirls. who loves the show a bit too much. If I'm ever in love with something so much that I ignore all flaws, please shoot me.

Best to not argue with an 'extreme fan' about their favorite show (or films), male or female. Just nod happily, even if you disagree with them. Life's too short.

And NEVER argue with a extreme Twilight fan if you value your life.

Which doctor is most likely to:
have lied to women to get one-night-stands?
have experimented with drugs?
make primitive cultures worship him like a god?
kill people because he disagrees with them?

I'm thinking Six or Seven.

>have lied to women to get one-night-stands?

>have experimented with drugs?

>make primitive cultures worship him like a god?

>kill people because he disagrees with them?

It's easier to distance yourself from weird people and literal space aliens dying of space AIDS than from a "realistic" looking cast (apart from dragons and zombies I guess) getting knifes stuck in their necks.
Same reason a lot of people who watch the goriest movie cringe when they see videos of skaters braking their legs (with or without bone sticking out)
And anyway. 8 out of 10 people the doctor saves and the ones he can't save often die in a very dramatic/heroic/dignified way.

Yes, probably more people died in Who than ins Thrones but look at the way they die. Nobody bleeds out in who, they are at best roughed up. Or like you said they get hit by a beam of some sort, start glowing for a bit and then *poof* gone. That's why too cartoonish to be considered "gruesome". On thrones on the other hand some giant fucker pressed his thumbs into someones eyes and used that hold to crush his skull.

So yeah. Who might have the higher count, but gruesome? Hardly. I prefer who over thrones btw.

>extreme fans
Girl I knew online once told me she was reading 50 shades (it was relatively new then, no movie in sight at that point) and I said something along the lines of "Ah I heard about that, That started as twilight Fanfic and was rewritten right?" and she got mega salty about that, calling me a liar and when I came up with some citation she just blocked me. Weird fucking person.

Personally I have a lot of "favourite" shows and Movies but It'd be stupid to argue that they are flawless because.. well nothing is. Matrix hits the Jesus stuff a bit too much on the head (and has the worst sequels apart from maybe Star Wars) Star Wars itself was cool, but the "I'm your father" was 100% asspull, Nolan Batman 1&2 were fun but 3 was terrible (who lets their revenge target fuck them for no reason?) Tarantinos works are great fun but pretty much all stolen together from different movies, and so on and so fucking on.

What is it with people having to insist that "no the thing *I* like is perfect"

New trailer:

youtu.be/t9caU8yjJmk

The trailers are killing the hype and the episode, stop it already

>Now it's a given that Capaldi is leaving

Eh? Has it been confirmed?

Everything but
Allegedly capaldi hasn't decided yet still

I like capaldi, I just think the stuff he got to work with was far from the best.

What a crappy trailer. Hopefully, the episode will be better.

>the cgi

is it deliberately bad? like is it ironically meant to look like a low-budget movie?

>I just think the stuff he got to work with was far from the best

Nonsense, all seasons of Who have had good and bad episodes. Overall, I'd say Capaldi has been pretty lucky with the scripts.

Series 8 was all good except for In the Forest and Kill the Moon

Series 9 all good except for Sleep no More.

The crap finale and all the Danny stuff killed series 8 for me. Mummy and Flatline were pretty GOAT but had crap resolutions. I also really enjoyed Robots but again, the resolution sucked.

Yeah, to get that 1970s 'Superman' vibe.

That's a shame. I thought the finale was very good. Maybe it's just a Brit thing, but the Danny stuff, bravery of a soldier arc etc was poignant for me personally. (Broadcast night before Remembrance Sunday, 100 yrs since start of WW1).

Oh for gods sake, the villains are those villains from last year's special who can rip their heads in half

I'm a Brit too but I felt it was all a bit melodramatic and forced. I hated the whole Cyber Brig thing too.

I didn't think it was 'forced' at all. And as for melodrama....if you dislike that, why on earth are you watching Who, which specializes in the melodramatic?

Why did you hate the Cyber Brig? It made logical sense that if the dead were being weaponized, at least one of the Doctor's deceased friends was going to show up cybernated. (If anything, I'm surprised there weren't more).

>Shoal of Winter Harmony
>Harmony Shoal Science Research Assoc.

Yep.

I saw it as a corny and hamfisted ending for a much loved character from my childhood.

He overcame his subdued emotions to save his daughter's life, got his longed for salute, and helped save the rest of the human race. I thought that was a great ending, honestly can't think of a better one.

It was a DISGRACE to the character, and the writer should be ashamed for penning such an immense diatribe of disrespect.

Complete sacrilege of the Doctor Who lore!

Gotta say: preferred the salute ending more than dying old and decrepit in a nursing home.

The salute isn't even an ending - Cyberbrig is still out there.

Erm...the Cyber army incinerated themselves to destroy the Cyberpollen.

>holding Doctor Who lore in high regards
well there's your problem

Wasn't the cyberbrig scene after that?

>>have experimented with drugs?
>8
You know Seven actually does cocaine in one of the books, right?

Yeah, but my assumption when Cyberbrig flew away was that he was joining the rest of the Cyberarmy to self incinerate and destroy more cyberpollen elsewhere.

There was nothing to indicate that at all. And besides, the idea that he's still out there is just... better. A good writer could do something really interesting with that.

The Adventures of CyberBrig when

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmsafe5d4oM

Reminder that Missy is disguised as Nardole and that is the big twist of s10.

it's not a big twist if you already saw it coming, is it?

>tfw you realise Handles was the remains of Cyberbrig, the Doctor's most faithful companion to the very end

That's the writer's fault for being predictable, cats.

>the Doctor carried around the cybercized, decapitated head of someone he knew in the 70's for 1000 years on Trenzalore

I can't be the only one who does this

that guy really really wants capaldi to leave
that's all he talks about now

Shaun Lunn is a boring prick and Moffat apologist. Also an acolyte of Andrea.
Probably desperate enough to fuck her or more likely queer.

He is an English xenophobe.

disturbing lack of fivey in here

So Capaldi said he doesn't know if he wants to stays after Moffat's leaving.
This confirms the BBC already told him to go, since he always said that he wanted to stay the Doctor as far as they let him

Did you get bored there, user?

no I just woke up

S11 starts pre-production in March too

So you were bored the minute you woke up, cloister.
I legitimately believe that is true.

Looks too much like the RTD era i.e. shit

>baiting this hard

must be hard having a little pecker

Nice projection.

can the gallifrey base cunts leave? you fuckers are ruining /who/ with your GB drama and mindless moffat hate. nobody gives a fuck about your shitty website and its nazi mods so please just go back there. sorry if you got banned for breathing or some stupid shit like that but tough luck because you aren't welcome here.

>waaaah waaah waah!

It looks maximum comfy
I'm surprised GB is still operational

Is that you, mate? Are you ok?

Is that from your photo collection of children, Cloister?

Yeah, has there been a mass banning on Gallifrey Base recently or something?

nah he said the same thing awhile back

Doesn't that occur every hour?

>in a non canon word story
it's literally nothing

post fiveys

youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ

Davison cooking show to replace Bakeoff when?

I really appreciate Gallifrey Base screenshots, since I can't access the forum itself. I like the drama, but I like getting the latest purported spoilers and stupid opinions of crusty clasic Who fans even more.

>since I can't access the forum itself
What trivial infraction did they ban you for? Saying a naughty word, posting a meme, saying that someone's hot spoiler might just possibly be made up?

I was banned for posting Gallifrey Base screenshots on /who/. Still find it really bizarre that they have the technology and/or energy to trace people who do that.

but he's not even a baker
or a pie lord

True.

Reading through Purser-Hallard's tweets show he really likes Class. Weird how the guy who's been doing the heavy lifting for Faction Paradox ever since Larry bailed is a fan of recent TV Who.

Told you. It's gonna be Moffat's Voyage of the Damned.

youtu.be/t9caU8yjJmk

Wait, isnt that the guy who was triggered by the Eleventh's regeneration because in his headcanon Handy doesn't count? And in all of his posts he tried to push his ideas to the others, like that would change what was stated on screen?
I had some good laughs with that guy at the time

Wouldn't it be great if they got him to write for it?

Information: VOTD was comfy stuff.