Is Dele Alli the most overrated footballer in the world?

I'm a Spurs fan - but also more knowledgable about football than 99% of people on here.

I pray - PRAY - that he can put together another goalscoring season like last year, because surely we will then sell him. And thanks to the hype we'll get a World Record fee.

But he's a bit shit really isn't he?

>Defensive liability. Literally does zero on the defensive end. 1.2 tackles per game in a Poch team. 0.4 interceptions

So, we've established he's a luxury player. He must be a great 10, right? Wrong.

>Genuinely bad passer. 79% pass success, while playing mostly unambitious balls. Just 1.4 Key Passes per game. For comparison, De Bruyne has a 90% success rate and double the key passes. Ozil, Mata, Eriksen and others are closer to De Bruyne than Alli

He's a luxury player without much luxury.

>Just 39 touches per game on average. Fewer touches than most strikers, and almost half that of comparable Number 10s

He is Mr Invisible. He has made a name out of scoring goals from midfield, but the truth is, he's not a midfielder. He's not even a 10. Let's just call him what he is...he's a Forward who's only talent is scoring goals. It's a nice talent to have, sure, but he's not even that great at it. Considering he does literally nothing else at a high level, is 17 goals really a great return? It's not. But he has people fooled...and I hope it stays that way for another season.

>I'm a Spurs fan - but also more knowledgable about football than 99% of people on here.
sage

How about I shit down your throat you little worm

he's also a petulant little shit

>that flag
>opinion on soccer worth anyone's time

lmaoing @ ur lief boi

Football opinions power rankings

1)euros
2)brazilians
3)brits
9000001)Yankys
9000000000000000009)Spurs fans

>spurs fan
>knowledge on football

Good one mate the only things you morons know about is money. Oh wait, that's the very next thing you harp on about?
>gib 200m pls

You try to compare him to his teammate Eriksen and other players in that category when his role is not the same. Alli plays behind the striker but not as deep as the likes of Eriksen, so he is further up the field and this is why he gets fewer touches, has a lower pass success rate, and has less defensive responsibility. He was clinical in front of goal last season, converting a high percentage of the chances he had into goals and racking up quite a few assists as well.

So he essentially has the responsibilities of a striker and put up average-at-best striker numbers in a good team?

People judge his goal return as if he's a midfielder. If he was to be judged as a forward - which he is - it becomes much less impressive.

i'm spurs too and also think he's overrated, but you can't deny he has some weird bit of magic about him. every time i start shouting at the telly about how invisible he is he pops up in the right place to score or plays a cheeky through ball to put kane in. he's got that intangible something about him that wins games.

He plays almost like a second striker. He had 18 goals and 9 assists last season, which I believe put him only behind Kane in goals and Eriksen in assists at his club. Overall, he was involved in more goals than either of them. And it's not like last season was an anomaly. He had 10 goals and 9 assists in the 15/16 season and he has continued to improve as a player.

Don't get me wrong though. I would agree he is overrated in the sense that he gets more attention because he's a young British talent. Spurs certainly have a talented team and, in my opinion, Eriksen deserves more attention than Alli. You can't blame the media though for wanting to hype domestic talent.

Actually, I take back the part about goal involvement because I forgot Kane got 29 goals by the end of the season. Still, Alli was second to Kane.

poor lad is already balding at 21

>There are people in this world who think Dele is more important to Spurs than Dier

Dier makes Spurs work. There are very, very few players with his flexibility and quality combo.

Dele could be replaced or bettered by about 50 players...and the vast majority would be cheaper too.

Galipoli best of my life bruh

I can't say much about how he is at Spurs since I don't watch them week in week out, but he is dogshit for England. It's not like Kane has been amazing for England either, but he has the same number of appearances for England as Dele Alli and he's scored 4 times as many goals (despite being on corner duty during Euro 2016).

Woah, it's almost like they play different positions. Spastic.

So he's basically a tanned Scholes?

You're right to an extent. He's definitely a striker and not a midfielder.

>le overrated black """english""" footy "it's coming home la" man

I was sure he was completly overrated but I was at White Hart Lane in that 2-0 against Chelsea. I rate him and Kane now, feel like Kante played like ahit that day

ITT
typical mouthbreathing mongrel fan, upset that bobadele alli is the best talent the english have.

I completely agree. He's good but his speciality is very narrow. In FM terms I guess he would be called a "Shadow Striker". I don't see him performing outside of Pochettino's system

>79% pass success, while playing mostly unambitious balls. Just 1.4 Key Passes per game.
is that true? didn't he have a somewhat decent assist tally last season? sounds like a miracle if that's the case

He's the most exciting player England has right now.

stop being so racist, nigger

>is 17 goals really a great return
>it's not

Lol ok. Alli is a bit overhyped, but he's a 21-yead old attacking midfielder who's hit double digits in goals for both of his first 2 seasons. Of course there's going to be hype. You better hope Spurs don't sell him because you're not important enough to attract a better player.

Seems to be more and more common with young players. I can't imagine why...

every English players are the most overrated in the world

He's not an attackImg midfielder. No part of his game is vaguely midfielder-y.

He's a forward with zero responsibilities other than ghosting through games and turning up in the right place to score.

If he was properly judged as a midfielder, his passing and defensive stats are shameful.

If he was properly judged as a striker - which he should be - he's an average one.

whatever you wan to call him, i can't think of anyone in the premier league thats as good as him and as young as him. gabriel jesus is the closest i can come up with.

Only the English rate him, nobody else knows about him

>He is Mr Invisible.
That's the whole point, jack-ass!

you shouldn't take goalscoring talent for granted