This is still the most relatable, and therefore most dramatic and also the funnierst piece of media to me

This is still the most relatable, and therefore most dramatic and also the funnierst piece of media to me.

Anime & Manga are limited, but can you guys recommend anything that's Welcome to the NHK. The same kind of dark humour and sature on social isolation but with no political messages behind it, that pleagues so many things.

*satire

bump

I'd greatly advise Paranoia Agent.
It's less monotemathic on the neet culture, but I think it may be what you're looking for.

and extremely relevant right now

>relatable
NHK is basically "NEET: Normie edition", it's about as relatable as Mr. Robot is to people with actual social anxiety or Big Bang Theory to actual nerds.

Moral Orel
Bojack Horseman to a lesser extent

How so? I know they went overboard with some stuff like the girl trying to save him but it was mostly good and sad.

He's not a real NEET if he doesn't piss in bottles

Take your Peruvian music video request thread to >

He's not a real neet if he does not shit outside in the woods by night.
R-right guys?

thats literally being outside, you make no sense at all. why would you live in a treehouse in the woods.

>How so?
Because it takes more to be a NEET than just a failed normie without a job.
Even One Punch Man is a much better and relatable portrayal of NEET life, if you view it from the perspective that all the fighting, monsters, heroes and superpowers are just daydreams of a mid 20s guy who lives in a shitty part of town, is isolated from everything, has nobody in his life, and doesn't want to do anything.

>hear nothing but praise
>watch an episode or three
>it's pretty go--
>he's going to fix up his life to impress a girl
dropped. I wanted a guy or two being shut ins, not a story of self improvement.

You are glorifying your NEETdom too much, you special snowflake, you.

Wasn't he originally a druggie/slacker in the novel?

As a anime buff I have obviously seen this one. It is really good. Good examination of different sides of the same spectrum as well. With it's mystery and crime elements it is not as pure as NHK is.

NHK is far more relatable than shows about former movie stars, "edgy" programmers or religious upbringing families.

Sato is like those talentless middle aged guys in a loveless marriage you see in those sitcoms, but he is actual young adult. Usually young adults are porttrayed with some kind vitality such as active relationships or other kind of vitality (HIMYM or BBT).

Actually he does to keep her away, and also to boost his self esteem a bit. He's far too insecure for a relationship.

He is a slacker in the anime too. Remeber it takes place within a year or so.

Druggie or not, he has hallucinations as well. Druggies are kinda cliche, so I don't miss it anyway.

It's just the same old pussy pedestal beta brainwashing propaganda. He might be a "loser", but objectively speaking he's still far less of a loser than the manipulative psycho bitch with massive daddy issues, yet he's the one that needs to improve himself or change to have a chance with her.

tatami galaxy

The point is everybody is insane and needs help, that's what makes the finale so powerful

No Live Action recs. I'm less familiar with that, but with Anime I am plenty familiar.

the novel is better tbqh

It is. The Manga is the worst tough

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is the king of the satire genre in anime though

it's not live action

I know. But the thing is know all the anime that is similar to it.

I'm not familiar at all with live action niches

I didn't watch the anime but in the novel the point was that Misaki didn't help him like at all because she was just using Sato to feel better about herself. Sato only finally changes his neet habits when his parents get tired and stop sending money to him, the whole message of the novel was that only you can change your life, Misaki will never knock at your door and even if she does she will be a mental case