What do others think of The Piper at the gates of dawn?

What do others think of The Piper at the gates of dawn?

syd's solo stuff is better

I think they are all amazing. The shit he was doing in the 60s is being done by bands now; not poorly but not on his level

10/10

best pink floyd album
one of the best psych albums
one of the best 60s albums

best floyd album

I like this album quite a bit, but I don't see how anyone could think it was better than Meddle, WYWH, or Animals.

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

It's great. Anyone who says you have to be high to enjoy it, or that it's bad is a pleb

It's a shame the mono version is so hard to come by. The stereo has some really bad issues as it stands currently.
Best Floyd album easily in its unadulterated form.

I like you guys

why is this being posted so much recently? was it used on a tv show or something? fucking entry level psych rock *yawn*

This, but only because of Soft Machine.

Pleb detected

Yeah entry into the rocket ship that is going up your uncultured anus.

This is a fantastic album. Love Lucifer Sam, Matilda Mother, Astronomy Domine and Interstellar Overdrive.

Agreed epic. There was a king that ruled the land his majesty was in command silver eyes Scarlett evil dropped silver on the people. Anyone who says this isn’t brilliant on a lyrical level is mad

Easily the best Pink Floyd album. Fucking great laying down in the dark just letting your mind wander.

Agreed

>why is one of the greatest psych albums of all time being posted so much?
>it's too well-known to be discussed!
You know you can make your own thread about the Red Crayola or Uriel or whatever right?

Anyone in here know if the Vinyl LP Picturedisc of this is just a reprint or something?? Or if that actually happened back when this album came out? Swear to shit I will buy it regardless cuz I like the album cover alot and a full pic vinyl just seems cool af.

I would also like to know this

I've been really obsessed with this album recently. It's really fucking good. It sits right in the middle of good psych rock and space rock without going full space rock, unlike their next album. its Saucerful of secrets, More, and Ummagumma mashed together. These guys know the power of certain sounds, notes and tones to cause specific reactions in humans. Then they decided to scare the living crap out of people.

Ok after a google I have found out that it was manufactured in >brazil and its unoffical also its banned from discogs you cant buy or sell it.

>I'VE GOT A KLAN OF KU KLUX MAN
what the fuck Syd

In my opinion THE best album title in history

there is zero comparison to those albums which didn't have syd so no reason to say which is better

Their only decent album.

Just 1960s teen bullshits

Just 60s trash.

Quick reminder that David was always the nicest to poor Sydney and helped put his albums together. Roger a meanie

Daily reminder that the mono version of PATGOD is superior to the stereo version.

Play them both back to back, and compare the two.

would people listen to the parable of arable land if the free form jams weren't in there?

>listening to the end of interstellar overdrive with headphones on

Syds solo stuff >= Piper = saucerful = meddle >> animals = dsotm >> atom heart mother suite > wywh > rest of ahm >>> roger era shit > the rest

I had only listened to the stereo version for ages and Bike was already one of my favorite songs of it.

Just imagine how fucking utterly mindblown i was when i heard how better it is in mobo