Black & Chrome

Absolute kino

>Director says film works as a black and white silent film
>just rerelease it in black and white
fucking lazy

It's way better in colour...

Getting a real 'Hard to be a God' vibe from these screencaps.

I like that simply removing the colour can change my perception of it. It might very well be exactly the same film but in b&w, but these stills have certainly peaked my interest in the film once again.

>action movie that uses a colourful palette instead of brown, grey, and a dark filter
>release it in black and white
Pretty fucking stupid decision.

is the audio reworked too or did they just make it black and white

well that sucks. we could have gotten a silent film version which would have been cool to see

These just look straight out of Metropolis

>colourful palette

>Actually downloading a fucking transcode.
just kys.

kys fufkcing idiot.

So it's true?
Changing things to black and white makes it look neat?

I have shitty eyesight so black and white is harder to process even though I prefer it. Sucks.

looks great

can't wait for an upload of the full

You also have to fiddle with contrast, level and curves a bit, but yeah. You can turn pretty much turn every half decent shot into kino if you grade it black and white for a few minutes

Damn, this looks like a frame from a Kurosawa film......

watch it on mute.. who is the lazy one now?

There's literally no difference if you're watching this at home setup, I spotted artifacts in some scenes only when I went through it frame by frame for screenshots
It's the same, as far as I can tell, and even though I was bothered with the sound in the theatrical version, for some reason in black & white the whole perception works better, it's like with aformentioned Hard to be a God - all those mad whispers and screams in twisted language feel foreign to the ear as if you couldn't understand them and only feel emotions from the intonations

Do you have screenshots of the nighttime? I couldn't stand the bright as fuck blue

they converted each scene in b&w individually, as far as I can tell, there's different contrast in them and night scenes are tinted purple (which is the only questionable thing about this version for me)

It looks a lot better than the blue, though

Taking a movie and removing all the color so you can watch it in black and white is the most fedora shit I've ever heard of

it really is, but I don't understand the compulsion behind any special color grading for night scenes

post this shot OP

>if you're watching this at home setup
lol

lol at your laptop tn panel

I don't know, this makes it look eerie as fuck, though. Not sure if it would have the same effect with just B/W

or this one

Nice pick. It's gorgeous.

What about this one

Damnit

>mute
>turn on subtitles

Wew, almost as hard as changing the color settings on your TV

i got u senpai

Could you get the closeup of the war rig's air intakes opening during the motorcycle chase?

I can't imagine it working for the vast majority of movies, the reason it works with this one is the hard lighting, use of reflections, and contrast between desert, dark machinery and pale white make-up
try again

Except there's a notable chrome quality to the picture which you can't see from this fucks transcode trash.

Congratz you have shit tier projector or eyes if you can't see the difference in these fucking transcodes to an actual proper rip.

I need this

That whole chase was amazing, genuinely one of my favorite action scenes of all time

well done, you ruined your own thread with this last one

>Congratz you have shit tier projector or eyes if you can't see the difference in these fucking transcodes to an actual proper rip.

Seriously.. i bet he doesnt even have the new Brilliant Pebbles for attenuating the HDMI video signal for maximum fidelity

you're talking about this?

about 5 seconds after that when they show the engine's air scoops

thanks either way

There's actually nothing special there, it looks good in motion, but on stills

ah
I must be thinking of a different part

not on*

pls, user

here ya go

its not simply black and white there is a "chrome" look to it

Aw man, why are the vehicles so grey? Do they get more visible if you go a few seconds ahead? They're a lot darker in contrast in the colored one

I don't know man I'm starting to think the guy that said my transcode is shitty has some valid points

What is the time for this I have a non-transcode scenerip I could check it

This does look good but I'm not gonna fucking double-dip for a black and white version.

>It's the same, as far as I can tell, and even though I was bothered with the sound in the theatrical version, for some reason in black & white the whole perception works better, it's like with aformentioned Hard to be a God - all those mad whispers and screams in twisted language feel foreign to the ear as if you couldn't understand them and only feel emotions from the intonations
too bad
I thought he was going to do the whole just music thing

there was a fan made black and chrome edit that had the dialog muted and the soundtrack amped up, does this do that too?

Chrome edt. is not a silent film sadly.

I was disappointed about this honestly.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6e789e309f5fdb87a7f1f9b367d842b7a17e651e&dn=BLACK%20%20CHROME%20from%20Nux%20on%20Vimeo.mp4&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.thepiratebay.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.thepiratebay.org%3a80%2fannounce

check this out

I just want Nux to be witnessed. Warbois, witness!

Damn, this looks like a frame from a Kurosawa film......