Seasonal plots vs episodic plots

Does anyone else think it was a shit idea to intoduce seasonal plots into south park?
Why did they stop making episodes with no relation to the seasons' other episodes?
Thoughts on this?

because muh scary racist sexist bigot trainsphobe trump boogeyman
haha so funny he's a giant douche get it
trump is so stupid and a racist look at me I'm such a good person

They are out of ideas.

Instead of making new jokes every episode, its easier for them to take a few big topics in current events and make just a couple of jokes to stretch out over a whole season.

Its a shame because i was hoping South Park would end before reaching NuSimpsons-tier quality.

Yeah but they have been doing this for 2-3 seasons now.
They only started moyking trump this season.

yeah the new format sucks
they will go back to the old format next season since this was a massive failure

Wow, that finale was fucking horrible. Worst in the show'a history. Probably worst season too.

Not really, last season was the greatest they even had. However it wasn't as deep into serial territory, each episode had some sort of contained story and issue for the most part which contributed to an overarching narrative.

This season each episode was the same fucking thing over and over:
>hurrr muh internet trolls
>durrr muh Trump
>furrr muh Cartman's girlfriend
>zurrr muh trolltrace

Also did anyone notice they seemed to just drop that entire Hillary plot thing? They introduced Hillary planning something crazy and then just completely let her and Bill disappear.

Honestly every time Matt and Trey have to focus on a secondary project as well the show turns to shit, happened with Book of Mormon, Stick of Truth, and now Shattered Anus. Only exception was Team America actually making the show even better.

yes

because it means they can do twice the episodes with half the material

I think they liked what they did last season too much and tried to do the continuity thing full out, but fucked up and forgot to write jokes and an overarching structure that actually filled the amount of time necessary.

Season plots are much better. Holy fuck the amount of bitching on Sup Forums about literally the best quality episodes in fucking years lately is astounding. You truly are contrarian faggot pieces of shit

What if Sam Hyde(from MDE) joins the south park team?

It really makes you think how different South Park would be if it didn't take one week to produce.

It doesn't matter either way, South Park is just awful now.
>World War Zimmerman
really?

t. nu male

No one bitched last season though, we're talking about this shitty season not the good one.

t. nu male

i don't think that's accurate because the trailer for the new game is alot funnier than this whole season

t. numale

I, for one, was, tired of, all of, the dumb, topical, honey boo boo, style episodes.

seasons 18 and 19 were fucking great. the problem isn't a seasonal plot, its that the entire season was a rehash every episode.

the exact same garrison jokes, cartmans gf, internet trolls, girls vs boys the entire season.

season 18 had jokes from previous episodes each building up, and 19 had the overall theme of pc, but each episode had its own jokes.

this season has had nothing

t. numale