Why was Orson on the muppet movie?

why was Orson on the muppet movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw6zrInbtQE
youtube.com/watch?v=Et7Cji7y1uY
youtube.com/watch?v=d0Qiiy6jJtg
youtube.com/watch?v=7uWW--w4SRs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Towards the end of is life he did those crappy roles for quick cash.

Just do anything?

mmmmhhaaaaaahhh yes

MWAHHH THE MUPPETS

Miss Piggy doeshnnt doanything?

It would be harder to name something that WASN'T a complete sellout that Orson did in his last decade of life.

Orson loved his celebrity status, he was a fixture of late night long after his films stopped getting shown in american theaters

He did TV commercials for Paul Masson champagne

Action Orson, please!

>No money is worth this.

Orson Welles is great in the Muppet Movie though

muahhhh, the frenshhhhh

Can top his absolutely based trailer work

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw6zrInbtQE

youtube.com/watch?v=Et7Cji7y1uY

tfw it took literally an hour to get Orson Welles to say "A Robert Wise film" for Trek without sneering and spitting on the floor

>Orson Wells isn't the greatest entertainer that ever liv-

youtube.com/watch?v=d0Qiiy6jJtg

Robert Wise edited Citizen Kane, I wonder if Orson resented him for getting work so long after

>eyes duck with hunger in his eye

user everyone had a cameo in the muppets franchise.

Thank god, otherwise he would never have done Unicron.

>that TMP trailer

Holy fuck, my body wasn't ready for that level of kinographie. What the hell happened to movie marketing?

>Tfw his Unicron work and Nimoy's Galvatron are still the greatest combination of voice actor talent ever seen in an animated film.
>In a film by Hasbro to sell their cheap copies of Takara's you robots.

POTTERY

If I didn't know how shit the actual movie was I'd want to watch it on the strength of that trailer.

>Star Trek: The Motion Picture
>shit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GO BACK TO PLEBBIT WHERE YOU BELONG

seriously though, the whatever recut version that we out a few years back was pretty decent, and I respect the hell out of TMP for what it was trying to be, especially in a post-Star Wars world, even if the finished product fell far short of its own aspirations.

dam how he dun did that

No shit Sherlock. It was Magnificent Ambersons that Wise stabbed Welles in the back on and edited without his permission. It's a well known fact that Orson despised Wise for the rest of his life, that's what the user was alluding to.

How did he do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=7uWW--w4SRs

Because the assistant never lets you see the other side of the top dish, it'd be a good bet that the duck is somehow stuck to the bottom side that goes over the barrel.

Really not all it's quacked up to be.

Fuck you.

>watching Waterloo (1970)
>Orson pops up as Louis XVIII

I know he's pretty much treated as a joke these days for his terrible choices later in life, but a lot of his early stuff is really, really good. It's no wonder he could coast on his reputation for years.

The year was 1489. The Black Plague ravaged the continent. It was the hour of the infamous auto-da-fé, where for public amusement heretics and non believers were tortured and burned in a carnival like atmosphere. And it was guided by the most fearful specter to ever sit in in judgement over good and evil. The grand inquisitor...Torquemada.

Really? A lot of Orson Welles films are "really, really good"?

This board is such a useless shithole

>on

furriners git owt

it is a joke in the movie tho
>Drinks on the house!

I think Orson in his later years just reached the point in his life where he really didn't have much else to do. He reached the absolute top of the world in radio, theater and film, he revolutionized entertainment. And then he was old, fat, and all his friends were dead. He kinda just didn't give a shit anymore.

I mean what do you even do with your life after you made Citizen Kane at the age of 27 in your directorial debut ? What do you do after you pull such a feat as the War Of The Worlds broadcast ? There's really nowhere to go but down. And yet he did manage to release other great works like Touch Of Evil and F For Fake.

We joke about the things he did but this doesn't really diminish Orson's image, at least not for me. I can admire and look up to one of the most charismatic and creative entertainers of all time, and I can laugh at the drunk fatass butchering his takes for a wine commercial and ranting about a frozen peas commercial.