>Soft reboots
>Animated talking animal movies
>SJW fueled Star Wars

Cinema is fucking dead

TV shows getting popular killed cinema

>Cinema is fucking dead

If you wanna cry go fuck off to Tumblr.

>cinema is dead

the world has been inherited by nu-males, normies and roasties who don't want to pay attention but only kill time
this self-obsessed, degenerate mindset is whats killing Cinema.

Explain how it isn't?

Look at the highest grossing films of this and last year and you'll see that Hollywood is producing movies catered to manchildren
The best you could hope for is a few underrated gems

>date a tranny

You're just talking about Hollywood, everything else is great. Get more variety in your taste

>he only watched Hollywood

>BAWWWWWW MOMMY MOVIES DON'T PERPETUATE THE BULLSHIT I BELIEVE IN AN ENTIRE ARTFORM IS DEAD BECAUSE I CAN'T POSSIBLY LOOK PAST CORPORATE SHIT

But wait

They're going to remake Starship Troopers

>remake
FUCK OFF
U
C
K
O
F
F

well cinema is dead, now what?

>TV shows getting popular killed cinema
almost but not quite.
cinema developed as an art and as a medium for many decades. in the process, it spawned many offspring, including the TV show arena and pleb-tier-entertainment Hollywood big buck movie arena. While great film makers were innovating filming/writing techniques, TV shows were just cheap entertainment, kind of like short stories in a magazine vs. an actual book. the biggest limitation of the TV show was lack of artistic freedom, both in terms of cinematic technique/quality AND in terms of writing limitation (censorship/political correctness). You simply couldn't make a TV show with camera work and directing at the level you can in the big movie arena.

at some point we hit a plateau in cinematic advance. everything has already been done, almost all the themes and subjects have been exploited. also at this point, TV shows became a HUGE arena, with massive, million-viewer-over-ten-years cult followings. You can't achieve this kind of lasting popularity in the film biz. this is when a lot of younger filmmakers, who were only starting out, sought to apply all the knowledge, techniques and ideas they liked in film into the TV show industry. the money was there, the target audiences were there, so why not?

We are now at a point where a great director could hire great actors and do a TV show that rivals in quality of production with a hollywood blockbuster, but what's even MORE attractive for the film makers is that you can develop a story that lasts for HUNDREDS of hours of screentime, over the course of dozens of episodes and many seasons. So you can develop much more complex characters, multiple plots, and also milk that cow repeatedly over and over until you run dry of ideas, and then some.

Now turn to TV which is a much better medium until the movie industry collapses

-continued
btw i didn't come up with this by myself (though i could because anyone with half a brain can figure it out) - im studying in the field of cinema, and this has been explained and demonstrated by our teachers, who also get it from industry gurus.
tv shows didnt kill the cinema, they are the 'rebirth' or more like 'reincarnation' of great cinema.
all in the meanwhile, great movies are still being made. you simply don't get to see them outside movie festivals and small, specialized cinemas where they screen underground and indie films.

>still parroting this meme

Cinema is truly dead

Not dead yet

>at some point we hit a plateau in cinematic advance. everything has already been done, almost all the themes and subjects have been exploited.

I'm not so sure this is the problem. Many films released today would benefit IMMENSELY from minute script changes. Take The Force Awakens' Finn.The film squanders the opportunity to make him feel like an actual person that could exist by making him completely unphased at killing his comrades who he knows were kidnapped as infants/children like him.

When studios realized they could get away with writing paper thin characters like Finn, artistic integrity and desire to explore complicated characters went out the window for big budget films.

Going further: As to why audiences have been extremely receptive to these paper thin characters is anyone's guess. Some folks like that one guy's quote who floats around Sup Forums sometimes, think it is a regression caused by the fears of modern life's complications. Doesn't really matter though: Studios get away with shit characters and pretty visuals and that's what the general populace wants, and I firmly believe that is the reason for the plateau rather than every theme having been explored.