Is this the best ambient record of all time and, if not, what is?

Is this the best ambient record of all time and, if not, what is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1sZDsWIzE&index=3&list=LLsePIR4hhHyR_2XzIYxXZ3A&t=1239s
youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w&t=4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what else?

Try out Abandoned Cities by Harold Budd

this one or Airports

ah look it's Sup Forums kiddies showing their entry superficial level of knowledge of a genre.

this sucks

It's the best of the Airports, but alright.

ambient recs?

>wrONG

this album >>> youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1sZDsWIzE&index=3&list=LLsePIR4hhHyR_2XzIYxXZ3A&t=1239s

on what planet do you live where this is considered ambient?

Fuck are you saying, how is this not ambient?

well first off, the beats and funky moog. in the 70's this might be ambient. by today's definition, this is just too damn musical to be ambient. ok labels aside, it's cool.

this is garbage too

No, it's Substrata.

/thread

>implying ambient can't be musical
wtf dude

*googles "ambient albums" and posts the next one after eno aiports*

shoot yourself

>Is [album that came out this year] the best [genre] record of all time?
no

lol how wrong you are... but please, you are welcome to defend your reasons
I personally love the dreariness of this album, each song is distinct yet has a similar flavor.
I think he experimented a lot for this album and the only reason Ambient 1 might be better is because it's equally eloquent and fascinating as 4.
On Land sounds like nothing else and proves why Eno is the absolute master of the genre for all time.

this,
but i keep seeing this posted along with other Bengalfuel albums over the past few days. someone is shilling them hard.

>the only reason Ambient 1 might be better
even though it's much worse

Ambient 1 did things that no one ever heard before, it broke ground and still stands as an excellent ambient album.
Ambient 4 takes all the knowledge from the previous Eno ambient works and also expands on it, breaking new ground again into the dreary soundscape that it is

well if "did things no one ever heard before" was how to judge quality for a genre, then the best music would only be the first of everything.

the only ambient record that comes fucking close to substrata is 76:14 or zauberberg. googles results are just coincidence

>substrata
I like Microgravity better, even though you could say it sounds dated. Also surprised to see no Namlook or SofL in here

Micrograv is neat but not as refined as Patashnik imo. Only other Biosphere I like as much as 'strata is Dropsonde

for real though Alio Die released better material this year

cute girl

can anyone on this board possibly avoid steve roach, harold budd, brian eno and biosphere in an ambient thread? can we have an ambient thread devoted to actual new music?

Tbf, A Deeper Silence is massively overlooked in Roach's discography.

ambientish stuff this year I liked

grafts
ambient black magic
no home of the mind
async

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w&t=4s

imo this is the best ambient release this year

this is not the best ambient of all time though it's very good. i guess it gets posted here a lot bc cover girl is a honey? anybody know what's her relation to the music or she just appears on covers?