Has it lost its meaning?

Has it lost its meaning?

it basically means movie theatre
so no, it still has it's actual meaning

this thread is pure kino

the Sup Forums meaning has always been "movie(s) I think are good"

no

The sense of the word is in its original Greek meaning - movement.

On Sup Forums it used to be used in a meme sense to mean movies that invoked the kinetic aspect of pure cinema rather than prosaic elements like plot, characters, dialogue etc.

Newfag redditors thinks it means 'any movie I like'

Kino?

Which meaning?
cheesy?
bad?
meme?

I don't think so

this post is kino

Don't post me or my waifu ever again.

No, KINO is definitely used to rank things. It doesn't mean a specific aspect of a film.

If something is kino, it has reached the highest possible quality within that genre.

>capekino (best possible film featuring superheros)
>apekino (best possible film featuring apes)
>spacekino (best possible film featuring space)
and so on...

Kino > cinema > film > movie > flick
That's how it goes.

t. newfag redditor

kino used to imply a level of obscurity and sophistication. it was always a troll term, just not in the sense you think

Find me one example of kino being used this way.
Because it's not.

Maybe you feel that is the way kino should be used, but it's not being used that way.
People just use it as a word to describe some form of perfection within a genre / type of film
>Is x movie kino?
>Is this x-kino?
>Will this be x-kino?

It also makes sense when you see where the word comes from. It started with those meme ranking list, where people placed movies in "cinema", "film" , "movie" and "flick" categories.
Then, people wanted to have something that was above "cinema" so they started using "kino", and that word have stuck really well.

Please.

This user got it right

Lmao no. You must be really new here.

"Absolute kino" is a movie which utilizes the visual medium to the fullest, not relying to the narrative and overall plot.
So if I take some of your examples like spacekino, it would be a movie which tells it's story completely with the visuals and audio, with zero to non exposition/linear storyline/generic characterization etc (most basic example - 2001: A Space Odyssey

The word started as a meme from the actual word cinema in multiple countries to confuse the tourists and redditors (still is to some extent), but now it is used to diferentiate generic movies with actual films.

Was soll das schon wieder heissen?

Seid ihr eigentlich alle autistisch?

Eure behinderten memes könnt ihr euch in den Arsch schieben.

Kino ist ein Ort, nicht eine Beschreibung der Qualität und sicherlich nicht eine beschissene MAYMAY.

Gehts alle scheißen ihr Hurenkinder.

>"Absolute kino" is a movie which utilizes the visual medium to the fullest, not relying to the narrative and overall plot.

You're over thinking the word. It's so much simpler than what both of you're saying. No one thinks that when they use it.
It's MAINLY now a bait word, as it generates (You)'s.
And it just implies that X movie is perfect (Or pretends that X move is perfect) / the highest rank / 10/10 / best of its genre etc. what I've already said

>The word started as a meme from the actual word cinema
Yeah, dictionary definition. But the use started with people wanting a word describing films that are better than a "cinema" film. Clearly, you most be new if you didn't notice this.

>diferentiate generic movies with actual films.
That would be more the "movie vs film" or "film vs flick" meme.

just a reminder the kino is a reddit buzzword

Where would you put ciné and blockbuster

Cinèma above cinema and under kino, with blockbuster I really don't know. Either above or under movie...

This post is redditkino.

idk if anglos have these categories but we also have a-movies, b-movies and c-movies, and what about IMAX

>it was always a troll form

>meaning
Too nice of you. More like a buzzword or an onomatopoeia of retardation.

>shut ins argue about the definition of they made up word
Seriously funny

I left Sup Forums/ for the most part over a year ago because it was turning to shit. I've started sticking my head back in here from time to time and it's even shittier than ever, but one thing I have noticed is that the word "kino" is now thrown around a lot more loosely than it was at he time I left. It's taken on a much more ironic usage than it had at that time. As someone stated, a "troll term". I suspect many people started seeing it used in a genuine way and in true Sup Forums manner decided to pervert its usage. So it goes.

I should add, the people who used it unironically came across as pretentious film snobs, so they were basically inviting people to ridicule them and bastardize their phrase.

Its amazing how much the quality of the board increases when you filter the word.

I pity your existence when you're here to seek quality.

Kino isn't only refering to cinematography anymore, it has evolve and you can now use it to describe everything that transcend the soul.
For exemple wow legion can be seen as the aboslute kino of the serie.