tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/queens_of_the_stone_age/little_sister_tabs_169550
clyp.it/3an5ecst
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/i-feel-fine
youtube.com/watch?v=wk1medK8mUg
sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratAEHSSEO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chicken pickin

I wish I could fuck a creamy clean P-90

All those books are old as fuck. Are there no modern methods available?

>learn bass
You don't learn how to play the bass, you just do.

Do you think modern guitarists are better than older ones?
also,
>steve vai
>guthrie govan
>old

There are tons of young guys doing really crazy stuff for their age. Now that you can learn anything on YouTube alone these kids can get to where they need to be to be able to play the music they want. YouTube is another reason why we have so many bedroom guitar players that get famous before playing a show ((Plini))

It's harder for you to bend strings on the LP because you're using thicker strings on the LP. It will be easier to bend strings on the LP with the same gauge of strings because of the LP's shorter scale length. You will need to re-intonate when you change gauge of strings.

Dickey was not on Duane's level and is nowhere near Warren Haynes' level. Warren would straight up outclass and embarrass Dickey on a nightly basis in the ABB. That being said, Dickey is an excellent composer.

Reposting

3rd band in two years where the members ghost on me. This town is full of flakes. I even transcribed all the parts for all six instruments for the entire set to make it easier. I pay for the rehearsal space, too.

I'm tired of it. I've played with a touring gig before and recorded. I'm not trying to "make it", just trying to have a steady project but it's never been so frustrating before.

What are some guitar projects I can do alone? Do I just get an acoustic and play coffee places? I can transcribe well, do I just start doing that?

Those kids all have teachers. You think a book taught them that? They can barely read.

What are some good grippy knobs that would look good on a blonde es-175. Can't deal with these slippery shits (must fit Gibson shafts)

Ibanez used to make some nice knobs with a rubber grip but I don't think they'll fit these pots.

Git gud at making your own backing tracks with a DAW then plug your laptop/phone/PMP into the venue's PA and play/sing along to your backing tracks. Alternately, use a solid state amp with an aux in for venues without a PA and use your pedals for overdrive/dirt.
If you can transcribe really well you can prolly make some money on the internet doing that, sure.

Ambient free improvisation

youtube.com/watch?v=YjnJI4lhn40

Alternately, instead of playing with backing tracks, get a looper pedal. If you can play more than just guitar you might be able to pull off a one man band thing via looper pedal.

Imagine someone who could play guitar like Jimi Hendrix and beatbox like Reggie Watts with a looper pedal. Michael Winslow doesn't count.

Stop

Plini is a good lad desu.

thats really cute that you think that user can play like hendrix

I can, so why couldn't user?

As a former guitarist for a very popular band... I have to say:

What are all of you doing? Guitar is dead. I can emulate anything you can play in 5 minutes in FL Studio. Everything has been done.

I only listen to Soundcloud Rap now, it's the only sound that is fresh. Everything else is stale.

Guitar music is finished.

The bigger problem is they're in sheet music form instead of tab.
Thanks for the advice, Ja'Markelle.

>People still play guitar

LMAO

>when your strings pop off the saddles constantly

If I saw someone who looked like this in public I would assault them without even caring how much trouble I would land in

Get good at making acoustic pop. Git gud at singing.

Increase your break angle brah.

You wouldn't do shit you fucking cartoon watching faggot

You can't even find a chick to fuck let alone start a fight lmao

he got you there user

Is F meant to make my hand ache like a motherfucker as I contort my hand into an uncomfortable position, or am I doing it wrong?

Stop having girl hands

why not admit who you are? is it because you're actually some 17 year old white suburban middle american who tried to play guitar but has no musical ability and thus projects his insecurity under the anonymous persona of a "former guitarist for a very popular band?"

[reposting]

which kind of impro vid should i do next lads

half-slow blues
youtube.com/watch?v=p1RTO_KIl4Q

roll
youtube.com/watch?v=4xNvmZybyVM

midtempo shuffle
youtube.com/watch?v=_BCI0YUFVRk

country
youtube.com/watch?v=jcc4NxQuuSo

ok bro

samuel this blues rock bullshit is poisoning your already dim mind. everyone here already told you to play your bass instead.

who /rhythmlet/ here ?
Been playing for two years still catch myself clapping on the wrong beat or just sounding awful when playing without a metronome.

its not my bass its my brother's
bass is cool and fun but not as much as guitar

Metal

what is the base tonality of this song

youtube.com/watch?v=hGRqnNEOpe0

could it be its not in natural minor?

is dropping the tremolo spring tension a lot of work/complicated?
does anyone have experience with that? (I would be doing it on a J Mascis Jazzmaster)

C#m
pay me later

no its simple, just turn the claw's screw

i have several fenders and my j mascis jazzmaster is by far my favorite guitar. good choice on that one.

i was actually thinking today i might buy a second one and mod it, get some other pickups to try in it and i'd refinish it with nitro

but then correct me if im mistaken but
isn't the main riff:
C# G# E C

and C is not part of the minor scale, isn't this like something borrowed from the harmonic minor scale or something? i mean its not entirely in natural minor

what time is the main riff

the beggining one, all in fifths, heres the tab

tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/queens_of_the_stone_age/little_sister_tabs_169550

C# G# E G# (one octave higher)
bass comes in C# G# E D# (fifth of G# chord)

theres no instrument playing a C note on the intro
not that i heard

Make sure when you do it you relieve all pressure because its easy to strip the wood hole if youre doing this with strings on. Do it in small increments and as even as possible.

>I only listen to Soundcloud Rap now
almost had me

hi
clyp.it/3an5ecst

Fripp
Start by anchoring your forearm on the guitar body.

soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/i-feel-fine

Laugh all you want, it's true.

Soundcloud Rap is the only fresh sound within the last 15 years.

>very popular band
very shitty band
Drink beach please
God just fuck off Roman you cunt

yeah youre right it was my shitty ear

Is this a forced roman meme or do people actually have a hard time floating their wrists? Was it a bad babit you didnt even know you made that makes it difficult?

Everytime you start singing the song instantly sounds like it was written as a parody. Like the desperately average playing holds you on long enough to hear that first shit note sung and then you know youve been taken on a ruse cruise. It actually makes me laugh out loud and whats funnier is that youre being serious.

I don't watch cartoons you projecting weeb

Stop singing in English you can't sing in English worth a shit you spic

My nigga is back

what a mediocre thing to do to criticize a fellow musician like that youll never make it

its ironic to hear/see a negative comment on anyone's playing come from you

Sup. Been busy with holiday stuff.
POST PICS

i dont blame him, the only thing keeping him alive is the fastfood he buys with his slave money and wanking on imageboard

im trying to play the fast part in this, the chorus which is all downstrokes and i kinda can play it but wiht a lot of tension, how to get it right, do i keep playing it powering trough and play it often till the tension fades or should i slow down? i can play it perfectly but with tension

Dont forget i buy American pro strats with my wagecuck shekels. Lets see your gear
>inb4 3 condors

i wouldnt buy expensiver guitars if i had a job, my guitars are good enough for anything (i'd improve them tho)

I'm a wage cuck and I'm getting an ELITE

welcome back my spiccity friend

i'd buy other guitars but of the same range
like a semihollow and something with a floyd

HELL YEAH user GET HYPED.
what made you choose that over an american pro? I didnt like or need the s1 switch so i went with the pro.
And dont you fucking say truss rod access

Sup frenchie fag.
hows the bass playing coming?

everytime you post any vocaroo of your playing it sounds like a parody of someone playing really bad

>Floyd Rose

It's going well, upright bass skills are improving slowly, I now have $440 so I can buy myself a real rig, I got new strings for my guitar and bass as a Christmas gift, and I still have the same ol' shit

whatever brand of that system ok

just nod your head periodically jeeez

I just want the best desu. It's only 500 dollars more and the noiseless pickups thing sounds neat

Have you ever played on a guitar that was worth more than 1k? Not saying you need to pay that much to get a quality guitar but forsure i think your poorfag syndrome is clouding your judgement. First thing you notice is playability and comfort on an expensive guitar. Theres literally nothing i need to do to improve on my american pro. Its literally perfect for what i was looking for. Dont get me wrong i would rather build my own guitar if i had the tools and time than buy a new gibson. But defending shit guitars just because you happen to be in a shit position is some straight up macaco delusion. Instead of saying that youre fine with your shit gear why not decide on a real nice guitar you want and get good enough at playing to justify buying it set it as a goal.
BUT FIRST GET YOUR LOW NEURON, TRAP LUSTING SELF A FUCKING JOB.

>Floyd Rose

evening

>he doesnt know how to set up a floyd

Wish I could play guitar, but I can't even do a fucking powerchord right. My fingers just don't stretch that far.

use your pinky

How's the tuning stability on that Maestro vibrola?

LMAO

what a fucking faggot

Its mostly my shit phone mic and everything you hear is first takes and improv. If i practiced the same lick for hours just to record a 3 minute shitshow like what the favela ape does and on a real mic im sure it would be much more pleasing. I need to finish building this damn pc.

>im bad but if i practiced it would sound good
lel

Good attitude user. You appreciate the guitar more when you work for it and now you know you own a piece of wood tgat will retain value and increase in value if you hold on to it for long enough.
Is it all single coils? What kind were they? Im assuming vmods?

Pretty much this. The floyd rose bridge is superior for holding tuning and whammy bar effects. I love how my dean is literally in tune nearly every fucking time i pick it up. I probably fiddle with the fine tuners like once every 3 months but even then its always near the mark

youtube.com/watch?v=wk1medK8mUg

at minute 37 what are the guitars doing? is it one guitar playing some kind of interval or two playing an harmony, which harmony are they playing?

Why didnt you reply to this one?and your reading comprehension or should i say lack of has no bounds.

Sounds like a twelve string or some other dual stringed instrument.

is it possible that metallica uses a similar trick in some song?

terrible, i even removed the trem bar at some point.

This guitar was pretty disappointing quality wise, sold it for 1,8k eurobucks...

Thanks for the kind words. Here's the one. I'm too lazy to type out all the specs.
sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratAEHSSEO

I can't stretch my mid and ring fingers apart while playing - fingers curve inward if I do. How are you supposed to train this?

Idk i dont listen to metallica