What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5O9yLhEuTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His work became stale really, Beetlejuice 2 might be shit aswell

His movies are too white and people have had enough with the lack of diversity

He became kind of repetitive and seems to stop caring in what he makes nowadays.

Also casting his ex-wife in almost all of his movies got kind of annoying for me.

He peaked too early.

He needs Henry Shellick to make good films for him.

He makes movies for mall goth teenage girls and that trend went out of style like 20 years ago.

corpse bride felt like a parody of his work and it all went downhill from there.
big fish, edward scissorhands, ed wood, both batmans, he was fucking unstoppable in the 80s and 90s.

CGI and and the apathy that came with early success. The guy built a strong brand and knows he doesn't have to put in much effort because his name sells tickets.

Sweeney Todd was fucking great.

Big Fish was the 00s.

right, i forgot. beetlejuice then, although i don't care for it, and nightmare before christmas kind of counts as he was exec producer

mars attacks and edward scissorhands were kino
he really was one of hollywood's best mainstream directors in the 90s and early 2000s

They cancelled superman lives and he hasn't recovered since.

He went back to Disney

I know Ed Wood is too kino for Sup Forums but definitely one of his best.

I didn't mind him using Johnny Depp for absolutely everything back when Depp was actually a good actor. But they both atrophied and became a meme.

Spent too much time with Johnny JUST Depp

too much of the deppenis

Anybody else see the documentary? It may have taken a dump on the mythos, but that movie would have been incredibly entertaining.

Can't believe Burton still hasn't worked with Cage. They seem like they'd get along well.

His film making became lazy, and he's out of touch. No inspiration. Sad!

no one like that pseudo goth shit anymore too

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=g5O9yLhEuTs

Wouldve been KINO, he was going to Batman Returns the fuck out of Supes. Fuckin Schumacher screwed him.

he really lost his way, i think he would've done some really cool horror movies but he seems like he was so bothered by his rejection from disney that he set out to be the name in family entertainment. of course this is a fools endeavor as don bluth, dreamworks, and thousands of other pretenders will tell you.

you don't fuck with the mouse, you'll lose your mind.

I want to hang out with Jon Peters. Dude is crazy as fuck.

Ed Wood was his only good film

Take it in that Burton's style/films somehow got accepted into the mainstream, you know how weird that is? and still to this day he sustains that style. i respect him.