What year did CGI stop improving?

What year did CGI stop improving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7fP81cbLnw
youtube.com/watch?v=uaz6nxyQA28
youtube.com/watch?v=pocfRVAH9yU
youtube.com/watch?v=QhDinIBETiI
youtube.com/watch?v=2oQ0E3OkaIk
techtimes.com/articles/159954/20160520/heres-how-captain-america-civil-war-created-a-young-tony-stark.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1945 Senpai

It was so good we still believe 6 Million Jews died

It peaked with Avatar

This.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has better CGI than Avatar

user LOVES BLUEMAN MORE THAN APE

Honestly Avatar CGI is not that good.
See this: youtube.com/watch?v=r7fP81cbLnw

it hasn't even begun to peak

This.

The sweetyman looks absolutely seamless in this. I actually had to tell my niece that sweetymen weren't real after watching this.

it started going backwards

Pretty much.

Went back to watch these a month or so ago. Was pretty taken back at how good Jones looked. Also never realized that was Bill Nighley when I saw them growing up.

I think Davy Jones benefits from what are generally flaws of CGI.

I don't mean to take anything away from what they did, because it is very impressive.

is this real? or is this just taken out of context? Is the rock supposed to be stepping in front of him or just to the side?

it's taken out of context obiously

its a meme, he's supposed to be stepping beside him

This happened just 6 years ago. So I think we have some room to improve.

The dumb thing was, if they had just made CLU young Jeff Bridges it would have been fine, because he's a computer program. But they had to do that stupid flashback with a closeup and pretend like it was actual real life Jeff Bridges and it was super fucking fake. You can't do that shit in IMAX unless it's perfect.

Can someone explain why this image looks so detailed and yet so off?

It's a young Jeff Bridges CGI face on another actor's body.

I present to you Mr. Ants

I remember his facial expressions were very off, it looked like a rubber mask when it moved. But even the still image looks wrong. I have no explanation.

>mfw

It's the skin texture.

It was better, still not perfect

This is CGI? From the still I would not say so. There are only two thing that look somewhat off to me: eyes in general and ear is too blurry (?). Where's that from?

de-aged RDJ in civil war was pretty good

In a picture you could guess, but looked really good in motion.

Ant-man, in the scenes where Micheal Douglas is younger.

youtube.com/watch?v=uaz6nxyQA28
Here it is in motion

WTF I love capeshit now

Not as good

The eyes. The eyes are what's wrong with this picture.

Also tongue.

(Iron Man 1 was still good and helping improve CGI)

But in 2010
when they realized inattentive Marvelcucks will rob their parents for low grade video game style effects -- vfx teams stopped caring about quality as long as it made money.

The new Apes movie will be the peak

other studios simply stopped trying after Jimmy's masterpiece

I still dont know if the orangutang in these movies was real or not. So damn good.

Maurice the orangutan is a real bro

It won't stop improving 'cause the processing power of processors keep growing and new techniques are made. The problem is schedule and budget. If you have a big budget and three years to make a movie, CGI will be top notch.

chappie has the best CGI recently. nothing looks fake.

trips confirms.
the gorilla that died in the first one was also a (reformed) bro. RIP

>the gorilla that died in the first one was also a (reformed) bro. RIP
Yeah I wish he'd survived, he was a bro too. RIP

a shame it's shit.

If the eyes didn't look so soulless I'd say it was real.

Watch the Blu-ray and say that again.

No amount of blu-ray will change that terrible flora and fauna.

Sure.

Screencap bamboo :^)

Excellent CGI in The Jungle Book

That sounddesign for the predator is pretty terrible.

this, fpbp

Underwater looks like a video game.

Cgi set extensions are becoming top notch so is that tech they've been using to make peole look younger.
That shit is always improving.
Also that one scene from The Force Awakens where they replaced Kylo's Helmet and no one noticed? CGI is actually getting good enough to fool us.

Set extensions are where CGI are where CGI should be used soley

Idk about that but the effects in the new planet of the apes movies are great.

please tell me youre joking. it didnt even look good when it came out

What do you mean replaced his helmet? I don't remember hearing about that.

It's during the first scene he as with snoke.
They decided to save the face reveal for later so they just cgi'd over his face with a mask.

The first scene where he speaks with the snoke hologram was originally filmed with Adam driver wearing no helmet and his face fully visible, but they decided to leave the reveal of his face for a later point in the movie and covered his face in that scene with a CGI helmet. Apparently nobody noticed until Disney released that video of the special effects breakdown

>this is what butthurt haters actually believe

wut

>this is what dumb faggots actually post

the water effects when the ship emerges from under the sea looks pretty dated

I'm pretty sure, especially for marvel movies they keep their cgi looking cartoony because it's more visually appealing to the unwashed masses, it's pretty much like when you were a kid watching star wars and all you'd want is lightsaber scenes, same general idea.

CGI will never top practical effects

Because practical never ages

t. got here in 2015

Keep me posted.

>I'll come back in X years
Should've thought up a different ending

Looks fake as fuck. Sorry shills. CGI humans are shit.

ITT: CGI shitfests

Technology cant capture the soul.

The team behind Advent Children and Kingsklaive makes the best CGI in the world.

But people stopped caring about CGI sometime around 2008-2010 or so.

Detailed doesn't mean right. You can be immensely detailed and still make mistakes and be completely off.

youtube.com/watch?v=pocfRVAH9yU It gets better and better as time progresses. However, you will never see Spiderman swinging through the air and believe it's a real human regardless of how many polygons, shaders, etc. they throw at it.

dont let a kids movie dissapoint you, it depends of the director and studio
youtube.com/watch?v=QhDinIBETiI
this scene made di caprio win the oscar

Everyone I've seen wants a sequel because of that line. I personally believe it's fantastic as is, and doesn't need a sequel. Leaves something up to the viewer.

2009/2010

after Avatar.

based James will improve it soon

uncanny valley

i miss abatap

youtube.com/watch?v=2oQ0E3OkaIk this one too

It was totally CGI? Ithought it was just makeup and some minor computer edits.

techtimes.com/articles/159954/20160520/heres-how-captain-america-civil-war-created-a-young-tony-stark.htm

WOW
Looks like Ryse son of rome
good stuff

I know you are part of that team, faggpt

I mean this still looks a bit off but it's fucking phenomenal regardless, what an age we live in

yeah I thought this when I watched it in the cinema, not quite there yet but impressive. I wonder what happens when we can make it as good as the real thing, will people start casting 20 year old Tom Cruise in everything?

They stylize it just enough so it makes sense, they're not really going for full on realism, but yes they're very good.

This so much

this looks creepy as fuck. why are people impressed by this?