Redpill me on U2

Redpill me on U2

First two albums are good
Next two albums are great
Next two albums are decent
No one cares about the rest

Mot likely communist jews who fled from palestine.

casual listener - everything up until and including Joshua Tree
Redpilled fan - ironically enjoy their 90s stuff
Dadrocker - everything up until the new album,

trust me user, my dad listens to U2.

fpbp

Decent post punk band that aren't as good as they think they are. They 'won' post punk however due to Ian Curtis dying and Bono, insufferable cunt that he is, deciding to become his generation's big le epic rock star poet man. Can you imagine sitting down and deciding something like that? Bono did.

The Edge and the other two guys are okay but The Edge gets shade from guitarfags cause he actually isn't that technically proficient but instead developed his sound based on effects. Also his name is "The Edge".

>First two albums are good
Boy is pretty good. October is okay.
Next two albums are great
Yes, War and The Unforgettable Fire are great.
>Next two albums are decent
Joshua Tree is great. Rattle and Hum is decent.
>No one cares about the rest
Really? Nobody cares about Achtung Baby? Also Zooropa is a solid companion piece to it, Pop and OS1 have a cult fanbase, and All That was an Eno-produced return to form and U2's third best selling album.

Everything after though, i agree.

I forgot that Rattle and Hum was a thing

nu-virgin betacore for boymale soy cucks. Avoid at all costs.

Hot Fuss is good
Sams Town is good
Sawdust is ok
Day and Age is ok
Battleborn is meh tier
Wonderful Wonderful is just poop

only good because of Brian Eno, like most things in life

how did you even manage to fit that many buzzwords in one sentence?

War wasn't produced by Eno though

>boymale

nice

yeah but War sucks

New Years Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday are their two best songs

Yeah that whole Ian Curtis thing is weird. In Peter Book's joy division book he mentioned how after Ian topped himself bono said to someone, I can't remember who, that they shouldn't worry or be upset because he'll take his place or somethint like that. It seemed like Peter found it bizarre and I don't think he was particularly pleased. What an odd thing to say right after someone's death

To be fair tho pre pop u2 are more than decent, but not quite joy division

*hook not book

I'm surprised he forgot bugmen.

90-00's U2 is the essential of stadium pop/rock. You don't really have to like it as the most intelligent or complex song writing, it's music for the masses. Just listen through it and see it for what it is: It's a monument of a band riding high as their musical wings can take them without crashing for a decade and burning in few years like many others.

no one noticed