sendvid.com/yvg9yeo3
youtu.be/sMbW4sptVnE
youtube.com/watch?v=rhdkLfrCUr0
youtu.be/JOCPweinpAY8
youtu.be/e2l6mM2X5tQ
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/sum_41/pieces_bass_147020
guitartricks.com/helptab.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Realized I didn’t grab a cable from my practice spot so I’m just looking at this thing until I go back tomorrow.

Whats strings did you put on?

>strap under 3" wide

D’Addario Nickle 11’s

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars
>"Finger" style

O I am laffin

>Stone and/or wood picks

Who the fuck wants picks made out of stone or wood in the the first place?

Good boy

>11s
bet your bends sound like shit

T. Weak soy faggot

Yeah I like 11’s for fingerstyle and playing those big expensive jazz chords. And they just feel good in my right hand when plucking.

jazzists

>wanted to learn songs to learn bass
>but have no technique so I can't actually play anything
>start going through a book to get the basics
>bored out of my mind
why am I like this

Can you read tabs yet?

>ywn be randy rhoads
>ywn make the most iconic instrumentals of all time
>ywn influence anyone to pick up a guitar
>ywn be a main source of inspiration for thousands of shredders for years to come
why live?

Imagine all that cocaine

>I will never play shred
Good. Shred sucks.

Yeah stick to your anime music.

You are posting on an anime website. Also, most anime music features much better guitar playing than yours.

>guitarists better than rhoads
>better
>than
>rhoads
b8

meant for

>Babby handed beta boi can't bend with 11's
Hahahaha

You guys like acoustic taps?
sendvid.com/yvg9yeo3

Cool stuff taylor but if you can incorporate long tapping runs that would be cooler it looks like an on purpose embellishment like how when steve vai just decides to play with one hand. Super cool but unnecessary unless you incorporate it.

I like them when they aren't sloppy a pointless.

maybe music isnt for you

I didn’t think they were that sloppy, maybe transitioning into some of the chords yeah. And I threw them in there for some syncopation.
Steve vai’s stuff is pretty crazy, I tried to learn tender surrender years ago and had my ass handed to me. I guess writing a longer tapping sequence could be a cool exercise, I don’t think it would really fit my songs too well though.

You should be less scared of dampening notes you're not using. Once a chord is announced, it stays in the listener's mind longer than you think it does.

Thanks man, that’s solid advice. I’ll absolutely start keeping that in mind.

She’s no Yvette Young, the ultimate guitar waifu
youtu.be/sMbW4sptVnE

He guys i´m looking for a good acoustic guitar in low price, what you recommend me?

>he was a sk8man she said see you later senpai
More for me

youtube.com/watch?v=rhdkLfrCUr0

how good is my future wife at the guitar? please don't be mean either
posted again for my /gg/bros that didn't see it

I’m sorry fampai, it’s all memes.

What’s your budget? Squire and Ibanez are good starts though. Or you can buy a rogue for $50 at GC

Just break down the chords youre playing into a one string arpeggios or two string and tap away.

I have an idea but it’ll have to wait until I get back from the bar, it’ll be all tapping and I’m sure you guys will hate it.

Thursday... I'll send pictures when I get it.

I meant that anime music guitarists tend to better than JCM900fag, not Rhoads. That being said, there are a lot of guitarists better than Rhoads.

>no individual saddles for intonation
vomit

Send a video of you playing it, manufacturers are good at making guitars look nice but not at makig them sound nice.

Fuck these faggots approval just play.

yes
I've played instruments (piano/drums) before, playing the bass makes me feel like a retard

It's a Heritage. I've played dozens of them, or at least enough to know how good they sound, I've just never had enough money to get one for myself.

Pull up a tab for one of your favorite songs and then play to the music and have fun.

make a one man band version of an E.L.P. tune and post it on youtube or clyp

My bass has three knobs. Volume, and volume for each of the pickups. What the fuck.

How do I adjust tone? It's a Squier MB-5.

Do you know how to solder?

I've already tried doing that and it sounds like shit. I have tiny hands which makes it difficult for my left to push on the fretboard. I want to have fun but I get upset with myself instead

Can you play me the bass line for Bowies As the World Falls Down please?

Welcome to playing a stringed instrument. You need patience and motivation user you will get better. What genres you like?

DEATH TO SOYBOYS
youtu.be/JOCPweinpAY8

I'd rather not as this is my first and currently only bass, I'd rather keep it as the weird ass five string three volume knob abomination it is.

What scale length is your bass? They make smaller scale basses if you have truly baby hands. Also, basically everyone who picks up a bass for the first time thinks the instrument it huge, give it a week to get used to it.

Well my next question is why didnt you do research on what youre buying?

sure let me learn it first

Dude said acoustic guitar? Get a Martin if you can afford it. Otherwise, cheap Yamaha is your best bet. FG830 not bad to start off with but I wouldn't go any cheaper than that. Acoustics will cost you more than electric for a good guitar FYI.

Shouldnt be too hard right?
youtu.be/e2l6mM2X5tQ

>What genres you like?
I listen to lots of stuff, mostly; dreampop, indie R&B, jazz, some math-rock, vaporwave, pop

Well, I learned chunks of it just now. I just need to when what happens

It's simple T B H

Is it strange that prefer playing unplugged substantially more than plugged in?

Rate my practice routine:

1-Learn new solos
2-Learn new songs
3-Blues practice
4-Triad practice
5-Modal improv practice
6-Funk practice
7-Theory study
8-Compose
9-Classical guitar practice
10-Jazz practice
11-Metal practice

get an archtop guitar, electric guitars sound objectively bad and weak when unplugged

Learn a song thats fun for you like an r n b hit and learn it then play along. Drink alcohol and smoke weeed too.

it was cheap and on craigslist and it works

dont you ever sleep mr fag?

I don't think you're telling the truth.

Then stop bitching dumbass.
How do you know when im awake if youre sleeping? Checkmate

not actually sure since it's on loan from a friend. I don't want to give up though because whenever I watch videos of people it seems like the coolest shit ever. It's a mix of "I want to be that good" and "I'll never be that good"
everything I want to play seems outside of a beginner level

why not? its what i aim for doesnt mean im good at it

Rate my practice route:

1-Improvise
2-Improvise some more

You'll get more mileage doing two of those things a day and really internalizing it. Even 20 minutes on one of those things is more effective than 8 hours of cramming everything.

K I got it. now I just gotta record it and I'm good 2 go.

tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/sum_41/pieces_bass_147020

Cool ill b here

k

Is /gg/ the place you go when you first start learning guitar? I want to actually imprive so where should I go for that?

rocksmith

Lol fuck no. Google and read and apply what you learned. Hang out with other people who.play guitar. Listen to music every waking minute and memorize the fretboard.

>MIM Fender Strats/Teles have been improving in quality over the years, so much so the difference between MIM and MIA is minuscule
>for the most part they use the same hardware and pickups and wood, just manufactured by different people

Is there truth to this? This is what my local guitar store employee told me today after I asked him why I bought a MIM Strat in 2006 for $469 and now they're $800.

What Fender REALLY doesn't want you to know: $120 SX Strats and Teles from Rondo Music are as good as American Fenders.

ye, maybe ill take that advice

What does this mean? How do I slide from an open string to 2?

Hammer on the first fret and slide to second.

That's a hammer on symbol not a slide symbol.

Find me a Mim with the same specs as my american pro. Trem bar is different pickups are different neck shape is different finish is different (i think) and the mim tend to be 3 piece bodies while alot mia are 2 piece. I bought american to support american too.

Source: guitartricks.com/helptab.php

I know this is bait but a part of me knows someone really believes this.

You know, if you actually believe you're right about something and want your opinion to be taken seriously, namefagging on Sup Forums while posting said opinion is literally the worst way for your opinion to be taken seriously, especially when you just posted terrible clips of yourself playing guitar really badly in the last thread. Just saying.

it wasn't that bad, it was ok. the metal clips were bretty good

Lol ask me if i give a fuck next

>jcmfag trying to play blues

I don't really know how to start with guitar. I thought going into a music store and asking an employee would be wise but they just upsell out the ass.

Complete beginner with 20 year experience with violin (played since I was 4), want to test waters with a guitar but at the same time if I really like it, have a setup that's decent for at least some longevity.

They were trying to tell me $2000 is the lowest I could spend for a beginner friendly setup and tried to upsell $1200 Gibson Les Pauls. Even I know this is not for a beginner.

How are Godin guitars? The Session looks good like a Stratocaster but about $300 cheaper than the cheapest non-Squier one. I like the look and fell of the Stratocaster but don't know if the real McCoy is a good value for a beginner.

Pls no bully

>I didn’t think they were that sloppy, maybe transitioning into some of the chords yeah. And I threw them in there for some syncopation.

Different people have different opinions gee wow.. Also have you considered that maybe you are not the best person to have the most objective opinion about your own playing in lieu of the fact that you are going to be inherently biased?

If you know an experienced guitarist take him/her guitar shopping with you and have them pick you out an affordable guitar that isn't shit. Sometimes you can find guitars in the $100-200 range which play wonderfully if you're lucky. I have a $119 guitar that plays every bit as well as my $2,000 Gibson.

ty for the help, pretty much the difficulty I was looking for
not a big fan of the song itself but eh what can you do

was meant for

Bluesfag here. You really, really need to work on your string bending and your vibrato if you want to play the blues. As of now you sound like your typical metalfag trying to play the blues, and by that I mean you sound like shit. You need your bends to be on point intonation wise and you need soulful vibrato. You need to be able to add vibrato accurately and soulfully to the end of your bends.

Yeah i know what you mean im not a big sum 41 fan but its a song you probably heard and was easy enough. Its good to learn music you dont like to listen to it balances your playing and you learn new stuff.