Why did this do so much better than Moana?

Why did this do so much better than Moana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNpMH7-1aYE
youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM
youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40
youtube.com/watch?v=oG0a9WFkgzU#t=26s
youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Racism

Because little girls would rather be a white princess than be some random pacific islander. Also marketing.

Which is a shame, because Moana was pretty fuckin good.

The fact that you've seen either of these movies is laughable, unless you have a daughter or something.

that's really sad..
but i didn't go watch either in cinemas so i can't complain

>not liking disney

who hurt you, bro?

sick of dirty skin

>Wife's son.

White as snow

Because there's been two Disney movies this year instead of one?

Kids don't give a shit about identity politics.

>white blonde blue eyed mc
vs
>dirty brown nigger mc
it's almost as if most people hate niggers and just dont want to admit it

dunno, haven't watched either so I won't comment. unlike /poltv/.

everybody watches "white" movies. whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, etc. not everybody watches movies with main characters of other races. just look at how poorly princess and the frog did.

Main characters were white

Sad, but true

The Lion King was good (as a kid).
Thats it. Anything else from Disney is straight trash: StarWars VII, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. etc.

Luck

Kids latched onto Frozen for no reason whatsoever. That resulted in billions of dollars in merchandise

Kids don't give a shit, they like what they like for no reason in particular.

what the fuck, how is moana identity politics

do all movies have to star white people? you're literally a right wing version of an sjw if you believe this

This is beyond false. There is no way you actually believe that. Please tell me your baiting.

I was referring to the animated films, but whatever.

Frozen was shit. There was no reason for kids to love it and for it to explode as much as it did.

I'm just saying kids don't give a shit about what race or culture you're focusing on in a movie because they're fucking kids. Calm your tits.

>do all movies have to star white people?
if you want to make a successful children's movie, then yes
kids dont like looking at black people
it's only after they've been through the jewish brainwashing machine that people start believing in the diversity meme

Its shit to you and its shit to me.
But its not shit to an 10 year old girl. Its the best thing ever to an 10 year old girl.
And its not happenstance, the producers and marketers new how to appeal to a specific audience.
I don't care for the songs in the movie because its not my taste but they are obviously objectively good songs written and sung by very talented people.

Have you not seen the video of the white girl who gets a black barbie doll for Christmas?
They care, even if they don't know it themselves.
White girls want to play with white barbie dolls.

Catchy songs

Waifus

Adorkable MC
ur just a salty nig

Sounds like bullshit to me, I'd much rather have Moana's anus pressed against my lips than Elsa's.

Ice palaces suit the winter season more than beaches. Also it isnt winter break in murica yet.

I'm sure it's not because white Barbie is the icon of the brand, and that's like the equivalent of giving a boy a beast man toy over a He-man toy.

The scene near the end where Moana splits the sea and restores the heart was pure Kino. Much better than Frozen imo

Evveryone is racist

It's real simple.

When you keep it white, it stays tight
When you go brown, box office goes down

>To insecure to watch Disney movies
>Go into a thread about Disney movies anyway
brilliant.

Memes

Because Elsa is perfect
and Anna is fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=jNpMH7-1aYE
My bad its not actually the Barbie brand.
Anyway here watch the video.

The consensus is that Moana is better than Frozen though, right?

>A hit is a hit.

Frozen did so well because of "that song."

>living your life by what other people think of you

>calling anyone else laughable

>Getting your neices little niglets to prep them for the world in 2027 .

Kek look at her face at 0:19.
Pure gold.

there's a similar video of a little black girl getting a black doll
she hates it

White dolls make the money all across the board.
Frozen wins again!

>Kids latched onto Frozen for no reason whatsoever.

Yeah I know it's crazy how movies with all white casts and no forced diversity agenda pushing BM/WF do gonzo box office. I mean I knew a guy who had this insane theory that its because whites in general are the most attractive charismatic photogenic race with the most expressive emotive faces that all races enjoy watching in their visual entertainment, but that's just crazy talk I guess. It's not like its repeatedly empirically provable through box office returns or anything.

I mean remember when that sony exec was talking in the leaked sony emails about they had to turn down a denzel action trilogy because, even though he repeatedly said he loved denzel and was a huge fan that he couldn't greenlight it because the asian market specifically china wont go see black leads and will only go if the lead is white or asian.

Lets keep forcing in diversity instead though and like make casts 50 or 60 percent black in America and UK movies even though they are only about 12% of america and 8% of the UK. And lets always make the executives and scientists black even though they make up less than 1% of these professions. And lets always force black male/white female relationships even though they are actually only 3% of relationships in America, etc.

Just keep forcing it guys. Nothing could go wrong. People are not beginning to see your agenda or anything.

From the related videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

GOAT animation movie coming through

2((()))4me

youtube.com/watch?v=LKaXY4IdZ40

This.

tfw you will never look at you life

look at your life through Heaven's eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=oG0a9WFkgzU#t=26s

But it's doing fine.

I want a daughterfu ;_;

>Why did this do so much better than Moana?

THUS SAYETH THE LORD!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4

White princess sell a lot. And it had two.

Olaf

>if someone doesn't want to see a film about niggers that make them racists
wow

>pharaoh doesn't want to do as I please?
>better start killing inocents!
God is such a filthy terrorist.

60fps is so fucking unsettling.

>I mean remember when that sony exec was talking in the leaked sony emails about they had to turn down a denzel action trilogy because, even though he repeatedly said he loved denzel and was a huge fan that he couldn't greenlight it because the asian market specifically china wont go see black leads and will only go if the lead is white or asian.

>the same sony that repeatedly constantly makes financial blunders
>treating the asian market as if represents the entire world
>ignoring Denzel's hugely successful action film, "The Equalizer"
>ignoring all other hugely successful films with black leads (eg Will Smith's entire career)

why is Sup Forums so fucking stupid? why do they claim to be 'red-pilled' when all they do is ignore facts that don't agree with them?
Is it all a giant meme that I don't get?

That's not Sup Forums.

That's a Sony executive from the leaked Sony emails.

>According to The Independent, emails were exchanged between Sony Chairman Michael Lynton, and an unnamed producer just after The Equalizer had been released in September. In an email chain acquired by the British newspaper, the producer declared that The Equalizer's gross of $191.6 million simply wasn’t enough, and that it had failed to achieve success outside of the United States of America because of the color of Denzel Washington's skin. He then added that films with an African American Lead don't generally play well overseas. The producer told the Sony executive that he hoped his comment was not "inappropriate or provocative," but he was simply looking for a reason why the film hadn’t grossed as much as they’d anticipated.

fpbp

Do you even know how to read box office numbers? There are several indicators that show Moana severely underperforming when all is said and done.

1. Moana is making 32% of it's total gross from international markets. To compare, Frozen was at 69%, Tangled 66%. Without a strong foreign box office, Moana is not even going to match Tangled numbers.

2. Frozen had incredible legs. The December release calendar in 2013 saw The Hobbit 2, Anchorman 2, and 47 Ronin. Not exactly world beaters. Moana has 6 more days to make any real money. Once Star Wars drops, it will gobble up all the family money.

MOANA IS FINISHED

>$190m off a budget of $50m isn't enough
This is why Sony is about to collapse
Making nearly 4 times your budget is generally considered a fantastic success by everyone else

Meanwhile, Ghostbusters apparently did great and is getting several sequels...

>Ghostbusters apparently did great
This is a joke and I'm just not getting it? Ghostbusters did 230 worldwide on a budget of 145 + a huge marketing campaign. You know the studio doesn't get all of the money from the ticket sold, especially in foreign markets, right?

Ghostbusters '16 was a major flop.

>The Equalizer wasn’t actually a failure for Sony. In fact, its opening day gross of $12.6 million was the third biggest of Denzel Washington’s career - falling just behind the $15.8 million and $13.6 million that American Gangster and Safe House took in. However, there’s no denying the fact that The Equalizer did fail abroad. It only took in $90.8 million in foreign territories, which falls short of the $100.7 million it amassed in the United States. This is notable since so many other films this year have international box office total s dwarf the numbers put up at home. Transformers: Age Of Extinction, for example, grossed $245 million in the US, but made a staggering $841 million abroad.

I mean are there even any theatres in polynesia?

It's not so far up its own ass attempting to show off the native culture as thoughtfully and tastefully as humanly possible.

It is just trying to tell a fun story

China has no problem admitting it.

>that "Really? Are you fucking serious, mom?" look she gives to the camera and despondently hoists the niglet doll up to eye level and pretends to be polite and says thank you

Why is it still so KINO bros?