Sure, Disney Spiderman will have a good Spidey actor and plenty of spider quips

Sure, Disney Spiderman will have a good Spidey actor and plenty of spider quips.
But the movies won't have the heart or fight scenes that the Raimi trilogy had. They won't even let Spiderman punch anybody in the Homecoming movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw
youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8
youtube.com/watch?v=DmdyydaGL-c
cinemablend.com/news/1583060/why-spider-man-wont-actually-punch-villains-in-homecoming
youtube.com/watch?v=ec8X1AoBxKI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't agree more.. The Raimi films were something different altogether.

Raimi's Spider-Man was the only true sucessor of Donner's Superman

I'm all for Spiderman using his webs and the environment when he fights (which he did in the Raimi movies)
But not letting him punch bad guys? Why would they do that?

raimi trilogy was shit, the acting was shit, the stories were shit, cgi aged like shit, kys nostalgiafags

They won't let this slip in again though right?

Do you think this Spiderman will call everyone a nigger like Toby did in his version?

I love how the rest of the world recognizes these movies as really good and influental, then you come on Sup Forums and its some kind of emotional master piece in the medium of film as a whole. Get over yourself.

Is this meant to be a tribute or a slap in the face to Spiderman 2?

Am I the only person who unironically enjoyed this scene in the third Raimi movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4&t

Venom did nothing wrong

It certainly won't have the level of social commentary that Raimi put in his films.

>Peter celebrates 9/11 anniversary

Rami was way ahead of his time

kys kike

Fucking doc ock is originally taken down by a good old punch in the chin.
Fuck Disney and their safe shit.

THE HUMAN SPIDER

We're allowed to see Captain America fuck people up, but we can't see Spidey punch a thug in the face? Why is this?

The Human Spider, that's the best you got?

>like Toby did in his version
Source?

Neither really, neo marvel just can't be original and ripped it off and some how it looks more fake than a decade old movie.

You know what the movies won't have?
Raimi's racism, sexism and swearing. That's for sure.

hey where did you get this footage of me?

>tfw no more scenes like this
youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

The trailer is very problematic and literally starts with 2 boys objectyifing a WoC which is demeaning as it just fetishizes people of color while championing some kind of "progress"

I hate sand.

what about the rape scenes? Personally I thought it was a bit much...

Jokes aside, they'd never be able to get away with the attempted rape scene from the first movie today

Or this.

youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8

Raimi's style of old school horror combined with nostalgic love of spider man just can't be replicated, they're not even going to try.

They would if they changed the scene to Spider-Man getting his ass handed by the thugs when he tries to intervene and then MJ karate fighting them and saving Spider-Man instead

Why does Raimi hate sandniggers so much?

Groovy

i never liked this scene, or understood why so many love it. the asian girl and the other doctors can't act for shit and the incessant screaming gives me a headache. not to mention "NOOOOOOOOOOO" is way too cheesy, yes, even for raimi standards.

If you think about it the most violent thing Spidey did in Civil War was kick Falcon, and that didn't come off cheesy. If anything they're going to dial back his aggressiveness until shit gets real and he has to lay somebody out.

I think it's the right call, and should be a good payoff when Spidey finally looses his composure and just annihilates a villain.

I just realised that this is what Martin Shkreli cosplayed this whole time
Hi, Martin

This
just Sup Forums being Sup Forums kek

I don't think he'll do that...unless they kill Iron Man or something

If Aunt May is in jeopardy, he'll flip his shit.

Mark my words.

>They won't even let Spiderman punch anybody in the Homecoming movie.
kek just like the cartoons

>marvel will risk a "too serious" review
>with twink spidey of all heroes
it will be a quip festival and you know it

True, but Raimis biting social commentary is still unmatched after all these years.

Hell, i'd say it's more necesarry than ever in the safe and committee designed movie industry of today.

because he woke as fuck

OR this
youtube.com/watch?v=DmdyydaGL-c

>what's your name kid?
>the Human Holocaust
>seriously? You couldn't have at least named yourself after something that actually happened?

Probably not.

nice try shekelstein

IT'S A MEME, YOU DIP

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

>Raimi spoodermon
>Good fighting choreography
Jesus, you're the king of mouthbreathers.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.

Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect.

Are you guys actually serious that Spiderman doesn't punch people in Homecoming?

Like that's just a rumor that will turn out to have been a joke, right?

meme's aside
>no Donner's Superman

fuck off...its the only great Film that happens to be capeshit

Who wants to take bets that they will go this route.

but was toby mcguire a good spiderman?

Yes

Such a weird decision. Like, I can almost understand where they're coming from, where they want Peter to be this kid who's only recently become an actual super-hero and kind of bumbles around for a little bit, but that's just a strange direction to go.

Also too many non-whites, which I guess echoes real life where there's just too many non-whites. Raimi understood that you could have a "few" non-whites in your films but not too many, as exemplified by Peter's line in Spider-Man 2 when Mary-Jane asks him if he loves her

"I....don't....love niggers, or any people who aren't white, really. I feel like our society is infected by them, and I just can't get their stench out of my nostrils. Soon the time of white purification will be at hand"

the movies not out yet, he obviously doesn't fucking know you retard

People are referring to a quote from Tom Holland about his fight scenes in the movie, in which he says the following:

>"Every decision we make on set is based off how would a kid react in this situation, so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

I wholeheartedly apologize and take back my comment
cinemablend.com/news/1583060/why-spider-man-wont-actually-punch-villains-in-homecoming

With Trump in office he needs to fight the Tarantula

>mfw generation Z thinks we used to throw "nigger" around in 2003 and they're young enough that we can't blame them...

>mfw he's such a newfag he doesn't know the meme

tfw I unironically think this was a better fight scene than Civil Wars airport fight.

It's a good scene that's misunderstood. It's supposed to be cringeworthy and embarrassing because the symbiote amplified Peter's dorky idea of what it is to be "cool".

Don't you remember this line
"I'LL GIVE YOU YOUR RENT WHEN YOU FINALLY GAS THE KIKES DOWNSTAIRS!"
Raimi pushed the envelope

I can't believe I just realized this picture is Foreman.

Honestly, I saw the trailer and I'm not bothered by this at all. Instead of having to pull his punches to not send random thugs to the morgue he instead dodges, uses their strength against them and uses his webbing.

I think it opens new possibilities for his actions scenes if he isn't going around punching people. Besides, I'm willing to bet the no punching rule applies to street thugs not to an actual villain like Vulture or Shocker. Even if he didn't punch them though it would be interesting to see how he beats them without punching them.

This. They will have to be creative and punching isn't any more engaging than fighting without punching.

It's a Jackie Chan with a ladder situation.

But I don't have faith in them.

Raimi's Spidey didn't really punch anyone until there was something huge on the line, like Uncle Ben, MJ, Aunt May or the train scene.

In fact I don't recall him ever actually punching someone who wasn't a super villain.

Looks like complete ass if you ask me.

Care to explain why you think the movies are shit?

>kys
Found the edgy 13 yo

>It's a Jackie Chan with a ladder situation.

I like you. Carry on.

Jesus you're old. What are you like 25?

>crowd's reaction when spidey punches thanos
Boomchackerlacker booyah >It's a Jackie Chan with a ladder situation
that could work and be kinda cool

Like you said, he fucked up Uncle Ben's killer
>Beat him up
>Smashed his head through glass
>Broke his hand
And he also fucked up the guys who tried to rape Mary Jane

I agree with everything you're saying except for Tim Burton doesn't have a love for the source material.

"Anyone who knows me will tell you that I would never read a comic book." -Tim Burton

However, he is still a competent director with a unique visual style and a passion for creative filmmaking who didn't have a studio dick up his ass making all the decisions on his film.

Worst fucking meme ever. Kys

you shit disturber, go get me a soda.

I-what?

youtube.com/watch?v=ec8X1AoBxKI
Nothing can compare with raimikino

After watching Homecoming trailer yesterday then i went and watched the 2002 spiderman 1 first trailer (not the twin towers one) the trailer is still amazing. This new one looks like every other Marvel movie to me, completely boring.

ITT:
classic Sup Forums contrarianism

>tfw this new spiderman won't have the retarded girl from the old raimi movies peter molested and raped over the course of the second and third movie

She was my favorite part. But the best part was how disturbingly realistic they portrayed Peter taking advantage of her. Her father had clearly been molesting her for years which is why it was so easy for Peter to do it.

The fucked up part was when he hooks her to heroin. Raimi doesn't know when enough is enough.

How would that even work? I get how you can stop the train..but how do you stop ship from drowning with a web bridge in the middle? The two half-parts are already drowning, taking in more water. This fucking shit doesn't make sense. What is he going to do next after this scene? Drown with the ship and tie it all together on the bottom of the ocean?

9/11 had some weird ramifications. The studio begged Sam Raimi to remove the tower scene where Spiderman catches a helicopter between the buildings using his webbing and Raimis reply was to do this.

You know why this meme isn't catching on the way some of you want it to? Because that quote isn't disarming Spiderman. The guy is just saying they thought of creative ways for Spiderman to deal with his enemies. Add that to the fucking trailer that just dropped that shows Spiderman isn't pulling punches so much as just having fun with his lessers (he makes a thug punch his friend for fuck's sake) and there's why this meme will never ever take flight.

It's retarded.

It looks like a lot more than four