When did you realize the genius of this movie?

When did you realize the genius of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisegesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The second I read the title

This movie is not great, but its infinitely more interesting than anything Marvel has put out

Literally the opening scene, where Martha's pearl falls with Batman into the cave, and then when the Bats are lifting him into the light the voiceover calls it "a beautiful lie".

I didn't expect to like the movie but I thought it was really fucking good honestly.

"The world is introduced to the Superman"

Certainly not yet.

When I fast forwarded through all the sups and Louis parts

when i watched the extended cut. bumped it from a 6 to a 7.5/10.

It became clear pretty quickly to me and my friends that the movie was a comedic masterpiece. It was legitimately one of my best comedic movie experiences, I thought I was going to die a few times. This is why we were sorely disappointed with Suicide Squad. we expected it to be the same "so bad it's hilarious" type of movie as Batman vs Superman, but it was just bad. Most of us fell asleep.

First couple minutes. Easily GOAT cape film.

the Beautiful Lie music video

This movie is a series of scenes with a messed plot combining them. At least untill the extebded cut, that was a masterpiece

It's a masterpiece of current capeshit (post MCU). No other capeshit comes close, which really is not saying much but still. For another capeshit better than this you have to go back to Raimi Spider-Man or Burton Batman. (Obviously this is not comparing it to actual cinema)

Literally 2deep4me.
Capekino.

Fucking models and drinking the finest bordeaux was like stale vinegar from a sponge to Affleck's Batman. What a nightmare.

It was at this time I realized I was in for quite a ride.

it was shit

As soon as superman's glasses fell and the water went on top of it when he was bleaching lois.

Absolute kino.

This is a timeless classic.

The whole opening scene was great but for me it was lex losing his cool when the senator tells him to fuck off

The opening when Bruce is lifted out of the cave by the bats. Confirmed that this film is working on multiple levels.

bump

The scene at Congress

The montage of Superman saving people

I had a hard time understanding the deeper subtler points of the film. It seems to become an esemplastic whole in that sense, for you can't authoritatively define one aspect of the film without affecting the whole system and structure of the film. It reminds me of Spinoza's philosophical system, whole and parts all working together to create this one substance called God.

This film seemed to have a unifying common theme: "Human lives diminish beneath the overarching majesty of the world of Superman and Batman. " .

Was Doomsday genius?

>disneycuck false flagging again because people are making fun of the MCU spidey copying Raimi and the CGI looking like a PS3 cutscene

The movie had glaring flaws but also it's fascinating to watch, visually stunning and a great take on the characters

Once you start noticing the subtle touches.

we can all be superman ;_;

It has a few very good Ideas and the visuals were extremely good. But the Movie has so many things that don't work. Lex Luthor Jr. makes no sense in his whole character. "Oh, I will destroy Superman" "But why?" "Well... he... he's bad you know!" "But you build Weapons and sold them to terrorists? And Supermans Rampage get you contracts to build new Buildings? Which means you get more rich than before?" "But.. ehm... SHUT UP!"
Or the thing with the bomb. WTF? Superman doesn't need a fucking bomb to destroy a building, why should anyone think this was more than a Trap? Massive Plot Holes.

Sure was. So was using their mothers names as a major plot twist.

I dont think you know what plotholes are user...

I don't think you understood Lex at all. He saw Superman as a fraud and wanted the whole world to see him that way.

I don't get the appeal to push forward the "BvS was a good movie meme" every day.
I mean yeah it's sort of funny when DCucks get baited into the thread thinking they are joining other people that liked the film. And are genuinely excited to talk about it. Then the bait goes further when the trolls start posting the essay paragraph baits. And the DCucks take the bait again going deeper into the meme.
It's like fucking inception type baiting by lvl.10 master trolls.
Fun to watch unfold but sad and pathetic for DCucks.

>being this assblasted

Ever thought people actually liked the movie?

I actually enjoyed the movie. I know there are flaws but i honestly think its one of the best capeshit in years

They're marvel trolls triggering dumb newbs

A small minority yes. Again a small percentage of the population of Earth. The problem is the small percentage trying to make it seem to everyone like it was good.
I'm sure there were some that genuinely liked Green Lantern, Batman & Robin, The Fantasic four movies.
Anyhow these meme threads are getting stale even though they can be funny sometimes.

>replace doomsday with Bizarro-Zod
>lex keeps him locked away in the ship for the film as he slowly goes more "bizarro"
>lex wants to replace superman with his own superpowered being that he controls
>bizarro grows too insane for Lex to boss around
>escapes and fights superman

There I just fixed the last part of the movie

>Doomsday crashes down from space and starts wrecking everything
>the populace including Batman reconsider the need for Superman
>Doomsday beats Superman to death without the kryptonite clutch

The second he grew that bone spear out of his arm their mutual stabbing was obvious. Why did Doomsday need to be wrapped up when everyone knew there would be at least ten more movies and most knew Superman would be coming right back?

t. Xi PingPong

I'm still in the process.

Holy shit.

This.

Would've had more impact if you got to see him slowly break down from realising he was ressurected as an abomination, Kal-El's still heroing it up and some creepy blonde twink saved his life

Aside from some good shots here and there and Afflecki's performance this movie is just crap. Some of you like it and that's fine. I think DC's major failing is its frantic need to build a cinematic universe in tandem with marvel so they pile so much into one film and we don't get nearly enough time with the characters to build empathy. That was my main complaint with MoS and it holds true here.

while I was watching it for the first time.

got a confirmation of it after seeing the reaction among idiots, retards and nerds

??? are you stupid?

it was a beautiful movie actually, and it's funny how hated it was by idiots and nerds

let's face it the people dissing this movies are the same people defending mary starsue characters in the new star wars and enjoying marvel movies, they are idiots

It was unironically bad. First hour and a half were directionless scenes for no good reason. Then there is le fight and then "my mummy has he same name as yours you're my friend now"

I mean if you unironically liked this then unironically kill yourself

your idea is stupid

>it was a beautiful movie actually,

>Raimi Spider-Man or Burton Batman.

Raimi Spiderman or Burtton batman are mediocre movies on their own right, and are vastly inferior to snyder's mos and bvs what the fuck are you smoking

GET OUT

you like mediocre shit

what is with this obsession for raimi's spiderman, it's farcical camp at best

far, far less aesthetically pleasing and with less interesting stories than mos, bvs, the dark knight 1 and 2

>you like mediocre shit
But I don't like Batman Vs Superman.

yes, because it isn't mediocre

Wow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisegesis

When I realized it had the Marvel shills in panick mode.

In today's climate where critics are glorified corporate spokespersons, there is no place for honest criticism.

This. Kínoest moment.

Bizarro Zod could've mutated into Doomsday. But they shouldn't have had Doomsday at all. He should've been the Superman 3 villain. Snyder cramming Doomsday in there was desperate and lazy.

i actually liked it. at least DC are actually trying to create movie experiences, especially with this. instead of milking it and giving us washed out garbage with terrible "humor", which marvel keeps doing.

yeh. its piss poor.

Can confirm. The amount of low effort threads about spooperman and cuck wars is astonishing.

That's quite a story, Mark.

this desu

What the fuck are you saying? This movie is one of the most pretentious piece of shit I have ever seen

t. timid nu male cuck
This is chad territory you need to go back to r*ddit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

When their mommies had the same name so they became besties.

You know what's funny? I'm not even convinced Superman said "Martha." I think that's just how crazy Bruce is. Look at the look on Clark's face when Bruce has his little come-apart. He looks surprised and confused on top of being scared.

Later in the same scene, Clark actually says, "My mother," and Bruce replies "Martha won't die tonight," like he's not even hearing the word "mother."

Of course, anime plebs find this crap, do yourself a favor and watch birdman, that's actual kino

>"why did you say that name"
>"it's his mother's name"
seek help

He says, "Why did you say that name? 'Martha," why did you say that name?" as Lois is running up. That's how she knows what he's shouting about.

How many layers or irony are you on right now?

Pretty much this. I don't think I've ever seen these levels of cognitive dissonance before. People tell them why they like it, provide examples of what they're talking about, then it gets dismissed by dumbasses as memes, trolling, headcanon, and my all time favorite - coincidence.

this

Because all reasons for liking the movie require pinpoint precise navigation of a minefield of shit. Anything anyone could like about the movie is contradicted/undermined by some other aspect of the movie.