youtube.com/watch?v=8NChvenJcwk

youtube.com/watch?v=fa76c04G744
listen at 2:15

he stole the piano part from youtube.com/watch?v=e4x_mXNJ-3w

youtube.com/watch?v=fYUvI-Bgpuw
listen to 0:25

youtube.com/watch?v=VW4Fe2LYJfw
stole it from 0:38

youtube.com/watch?v=YjFe0tq5Yc4 (never credited this song)
youtube.com/watch?v=NS8qXe8bXbs

youtube.com/watch?v=LY1l8T2Lcl0
youtube.com/watch?v=TP2d8yZzhdM

youtube.com/watch?v=_nhaReaiqCo
youtube.com/watch?v=MiY2JsGXrtM

youtu.be/Iwuy4hHO3YQ
youtu.be/AYtsUdD921E

youtube.com/watch?v=eeuVS6vnN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=2oK7UGErV7I

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjsjIagaNd8
youtube.com/watch?v=B0qIARknhMg

youtube.com/watch?v=MAYEZMjUgfs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta46M5rksBk

>inb4 "b-but he's inspired by other musicians! that makes it okay when he makes a song that sounds exactly similar to another and makes it lo-fi!"

literally every musician steals. who cares

>it's okay to steal if everyone does it!

This is what mental illness looks like.

Are all grimesfags deaf and autistic?

He wants to be Mark Arm and Kurt Cobain so bad. It will not work out

No it's only okay when rappers do it. Then we call it "sampling" and give it critical acclaim.

WTF I hate Ariel Pink now

>who cares
Any potential victims of his stealing (eg you and me)

>literally every musician steals.
Great musicians steal musical IDEAS. Bad musicians take lengthy clips of finished recordings of other people's music, pitch shift them slightly and overdub an extra instrumental track/vocal line here and there (thereby obfuscating most plagiarism detection algorithms on places like YouTube), and then present those tracks as their own original compositions.

Great artists steal musical IDEAS.
Good artists borrow music WITH attribution.
Bad artists "borrow" music WITHOUT attribution.

Ariel Pink is a bad artist.

this

He's a fucking ugly Jew that ripped of John Maus.

Lol this nigga copys this from pastebin every time some makes fun of clario or grimes.

No, they're all stupid and retarded

They've been collaborating since the late '90s. This is bait.

Imagine being this retarded that you don't know what collabs are. I bet you think he stole I Can't Feel My Eyes too dont you?

>Bad musicians take lengthy clips of finished recordings of other people's music, pitch shift them slightly and overdub an extra instrumental track/vocal line here and there (thereby obfuscating most plagiarism detection algorithms on places like YouTube), and then present those tracks as their own original compositions.
That isn't what he's doing though. I'm actually a musician with recordings and live experience and i talk to plenty of professionals and small artists. Taking similar chord structures and changing them while putting your own spin on them isnt stealing. Timings and compositions are different as are the tones and intended audiences which is something every artist does when he finds new music, he takes inspiration and if something sounds similar its almost always by accident unless its word by word a ripoff. Like comparing Sexual Athletics to NIB by Sabbath is a stupid comparison makes as they're completely different compositions in general with a couple similar timed power chords that arent even the same notes. Your grasping through a straw.

Ariel Pink is a meth-smoking plagiarist who preys on barely-legal girls

but they are legal though.

A man who's almost in his forties shouldn't be flirting to girls just out of high school

But I can write the same literally about any musician

who dares wins

proof: his gf who guested on the last album looks like a photomodel and is indeed barely out of high school

isn't that a good thing?
Wouldn't you want that if you were in your 40s?
besides its their choice to go to his shows.

He steals from a lot of old songs. As long as he makes it sound new again though.

Nice

He's a fucking genius. Listen to his last album and give me a reason why he should be a hack? It's cool as fuck, well produced and original.

Only reason why he should be a hanck though is his live performances.

his band is tight and he has an AAA singing voice

it's just that he's temperamental and possibly autistic, given his poor conversation skills

>I'm actually a musician with recordings and live experience
As am I.

>Taking similar chord structures and changing them while putting your own spin on them isnt stealing.
That's DECONSTRUCTING a composition into it's component musical parts/ideas and building up something new and original of your own - ie exactly what I said GREAT artists do (because that is what they do.)
None of the examples in are examples of that. These are all examples of taking finished recordings of other people's music and making slight manipulations/additions to their musical content (NOT deconstructing anything - just adding to) WITHOUT attribution. Which is blatant plaigarism.

He made the same album twice in a row. What do you think?

What he's done with NIB is pretty cool tho. It's too fucking obvious to be called stealing.

Not an argument.

Cool, but what he does is he takes a little bit, melody or set of keys and throws it in a new context, new light, making pop music that is both familiar and experimental.
All Ariel fans know this and they like it. Giving examples of "stolen" songs is irrelevant, since most fans appreciate the callbacks and inspirations. It's similar with lampooning movies in TV shows - we all know it isn't 100% original, but we appreciate the trope being used in a new way.

Yes, because this came out before Pom Pom

>inb4 "b-but he's inspired by other musicians! that makes it okay when he makes a song that sounds exactly similar to another and makes it lo-fi!"

>haha i'll just write this inb4 thing here and completely destroy his argument
The point is that the songs aren't exactly similar. Time To Live has a Video Killed The Radio Star bit, yes, but that's only 30s from a 5 minute song that for the most part sounds completely different than Radio Star.
All of you mistake using one musical feature for copying the whole song.

FF>> and Scared Famous? Yeah, and both are good.

Hey it’s that fag whose mother was fucked by Ariel again!