Why did the

Why did the
>Resident Evil
movie series stray so far from the script of the game tothe point where it made no sense?

And what ever happened to the cure that was mentioned at the end of Resident Evil: Extinction?

>RE movies
>having any logic or reasoning or anything
thanks OP needed that laugh

who cares about the games, fuck the games

>survival horror game
>DUDE ACTION MOVIE LMAO

Because Paul W. S. Anderson saw them as a convenient excuse to write his wife into a Mary Sue role and film her in sexy outfits shooting monsters with guns.

Everything else is an afterthought.

How can one man be so based

Are you talking about Project Alice? Didn't even know Anderson had a wife or what the reason behind Alice was... she isn't even in the fucking game and she's the main character.

>Survival Horror game

The series had 3 real survival horror games until RE4 raped it into an action series. At this point the franchise has more action games than survival horror ones.

>"RESIDENT EVIL" (2002).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE" (2004).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION" (2007).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE" (2010).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION" (2012).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER" (2016).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: ADDENDUM" (2019).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERMATH" (2022).
>"RESIDENT EVIL: GENESIS" (2027).
>"THE RESIDENT EVIL" (2033).
>"RE.EV." (2039).
>"RE.EVILUTION" (2042).
>"RE.EV.III" (2046).

RE4 was the best of them all, followed by RE: One, Then Veronica, then RE:5, Then Zero, Then 2, Then 3, then 6.

>RE4 was the best of them all

The easiest way to know you should discard the opinion of someone post haste.

What a terrible opinion. CV is the worst classic RE and Zero is the worst modern one.

>RE4 was the best of them all

t. someone who didn't touch the series until around 2005 and is the sole reason for it being so shit today.

I'm not understanding what RE.EV means

Actually I first touched the series when RE: One was remade for Gamecube.

can't say i wouldn't be tempted to do the same tbqh

>What a terrible opinion
>CV is the worst classic RE
You're one to talk.

You must be retarded

Ruin a perfectly good game script because sex?

Yeah but it doesn't really make much sense, people will just read it as Resident Evil EV, not Re____ Ev__.

>2 Resident 2 Evil
>Resident Evil's Animated Adventures
>Resident Evil H20
>Resident Evil vs Underworld
>Resident Evil Reboot

>Steve
>shitty villain(s)
>uninspired areas
>nonsensical plot
>first introduction of dumb shit like Wesker having Neo-like superpowers
>overabundance of ammo
>baby difficulty

Sorry champ, but it was the beginning of the end for the series. RE3 is the last true Resident Evil game and it also has telltale signs of turning into action schlock.

Do you remember Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? That would have made a great movie.

I'll give you Steve and Wesker, but everything else is straight up bullshit and the game has always been praise for the opposite.

Has this been officially announced? I can't wait! I knew they couldn't and wouldn't stop. :D

When the fuck are we going to get a sequel to that gem? That game was beast.

>Sup Forums has shit opinions on games

My first experience with the series came from Resident Evil 2 for the Nintendo 64, rented it from blockbuster when I was a kid.

Loved everything else and I was still fairly young when resident evil 4 came out. It was one of the best experiences I had playing a game at the time, loads of replayability too

With the direction the games went after re 4 who cares? Action all around... I do like how this series is a proper use of a strong female lead and the story isnt too baked to have the resident evil name

T. Nostalgia tripping fag

Those older RE games aged like shit, sorry senpai. I admit everything post RE 5 has been dogshit, so absurd that it matches the movies.

Man i've seen all of the movies and i don't remember shit except the first movie.

>Shit games
>Shit movies
Why did we need a thread for this?

>Resident Evil vs Underworld
Oh boy.. I'd actually watch that.

Somehow some director wrote bad Mary Sue fanfic starring his wife and Sony kept throwing money at him.