Why do you Americans hate rednecks?

Why do you Americans hate rednecks?

Other urls found in this thread:

wvpublic.org/post/do-you-know-where-word-redneck-comes-mine-wars-museum-opens-revives-lost-labor-history#stream/0
myshepherdstown.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/does-the-word-redneck-originate-from-west-virginia/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain
bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39592010
twitter.com/AnonBabble

come here and spend a week with them and you'll figure out why pretty quickly

I don't

t. spic

I dont. rural people are typically very nice

something something Hitler

Americans are rednecks you silly!

Have you ever interacted with an American that's not a rich backpacker? they cannot shut the fuck up about jesus for one fucking second.

Bait. Even the ones that aren't racist as shit are annoying as hell.

This guy is completely right. Spend a week with them and you'll want to genocide them.

Rednecks is a term to reference people that work in the field all day (thus they get their necks sunburned), what you're thinking of is a hillbilly.

>even the ones that aren't racist
>Spend a week with them and you'll want to genocide them.
lol

They are stupid, uneducated, and have great influence on our politics.

urban elitism peppered with hollywood memes about squealing like a pig. Yanks are thought to take pride that they're not like those awful low status yokels so they dehumanize them

think what kind of society would invent a term like "white trash" and similar

rural people are almost universally more friendly and patient

t. went to college in atlanta and worked as a waiter and a TA and worked with just about every "group" of people in america

the gypsies of america

fuck trump but education level doesn't mean anything. stop this meme

Fuck you cabrĂ³n

this

Pic related

>obtain a Master's degree in marine biology
>all of my political opinions are now automatically more valid than that of the guy who fixes my car and is looking out for his own personal self-interest just like I am
stop this meme

Are Americans happy that the serbs curbstomped the african-american in greece or are they sad?

ah yes, the Sup Forums tier strawman images. The lack of self awareness of the people who make those images are quite literally the reason why the left lost. Here is another

I think it's adorable how they use them as an avatar of stupidity and ignorance to make them feel smart and progressive, though they also have no formal education whatsoever, they have zero geographical knowledge, no idea of their own history and internal and foreign affairs. But they are better.

You mean how they'll fix your car, be genuinely funny, offer insightful political commentary, and entertain you with a damn good meal and their 9/10 blond big titty daughters?

>ITT: butthurt rednecks

Reminder that blue states are the ones subsidizing red states and conservatives are the biggest welfare queens and leeches in the entire country.

The decent thing about rednecks is a lot of them are quite handy or good with a trade where as our equivalents of rednecks are mostly sub humans with obese wives with 4 kids living on welfare while rednecks seem to have jobs.

God i fucking hate my fellow coasties

Nah that's the exact same as our rednecks.

>sperging out and bring up muh Republicans and Democrats for no reason
the two party system is poison for the brain

rednecks by definition are people who work, hence the name.

not consistent with experience on all accounts

You are conflating rednecks with white trash. It isn't the same group. Rednecks aren't white trash just because you happen to not like their aesthetic.

Not just letting the South secede was a mistake

We don't they are fun people but those are more hillbillies that you posted.

>Even the ones that aren't racist as shit are annoying as hell.
Completely false. Even the racist ones are entertaining. Just don't bring them around minorities.

>implying its regional instead of city vs non city

As far as I know they are the slavs of america

The number one consumer of fake news on the left are college educated and on the right they are rich. So if anything higher degrees make you a less informed voter. However, I'm still against putting bus drivers in charge of the country.

They are pretty much what is holding America back from being an actual first world country.

I'm from a blue state, live in a blue state, pay a fuckton of taxes and don't have a problem with rednecks. I do have a problem with living in a liberal city that pays for legal defense and foodstamps for illegals who have committed crimes (including violent ones) so they won't get rightfully deported.

Only butthurt libshits do.

lol

At least this is something we can both agree on.

By definition,a redneck is dumb, racist, probably drunk, and prone to destructive behavior.
t. hick and hillbilly, but not redneck

they don't fear the jew

I don't care. He probably was killed for acting like a nigger.

>Muh fake news

Every time.

This. They suck.
No, the "red neck" refers to the red bandanas worn by Appalachian coal miners.
Redneck =/= all rural people, you assholes.

Hello Cletus! I know it's great fantasizing about living outside the farm, but the corn is not going to pick itself. Now stop daydreamng and go back to work.

>t. leaf
Don't you need to be off burning to death while Trudeau does nothing again?

Not him
Why would anyone be picking corn in July, and why would they do it in the evening?

Good day, Sasha. Don't forget to pick up your wife's son from daycare, and please prep the bull on your way out.

then what do you call a redneck? I had multiple students that self identified as redneck and certainly looked the part and they were consistently the nicest and most respectful people I had to work with. If you are talking about the poor and uneducated caricature that is painted in pop culture then you are terribly misinformed. You have an extremely limited world view and it shows. You are the punchline of Sup Forumss BLUMPF memes.

Google Earlville, Illinois. That's where I grew up.
Rednecks can have some good attributes like resourcefulness and their (in)famous ingenuity, but I would also describe them as dumb, racist, probably drunk, and prone to destructive behavior.

Last words of the redneck: hold my beer, and watch this!

I grew up in rural south georgia and went to school at georgia tech in downtown atlanta where I worked and lived for 4 years with every group of Americans imaginable including tons of international students. I assure you that suicidal stupidity is present in every group and is not concentrated in any particular one. Go outside and actually try to meet people, its clear your opinions are formed by a few bad experiences or from pop culture instead of actually knowing the groups you seem to hate.

>rednecks by definition are people who work, hence the name.
Sort of but the meaning has become warped. It was a reference to the West Virginia coal miners who had unionized and we're marching into southern West Virginia in solidarity with miners there. They wore red bandanas around their necks leading up to the Battle of Blair Mountain. It was early one synonymous with union member so kind of like calling someone a commie but well they were West Virginians so it came to be associated with the cultural aspect not the political aspect of them.

wvpublic.org/post/do-you-know-where-word-redneck-comes-mine-wars-museum-opens-revives-lost-labor-history#stream/0

myshepherdstown.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/does-the-word-redneck-originate-from-west-virginia/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

There are also theories it's even older than the U.S. and goes back to Appalachia's Scotts-Irish immigrants.

>Muh fake news
>Every time.
Way to be a high powered ignorant twat.
I say facts and instead of even asking for proofs you spew bullshit.

So fuck on off to whatever version of leftist Sup Forums you crawled out of.

The rise of left-wing, anti-Trump fake news - bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39592010

>It was a reference to the West Virginia coal miners who had unionized and we're marching into southern West Virginia in solidarity with miners there. They wore red bandanas around their necks leading up to the Battle of Blair Mountain.
Really? I was told it was because of a tendency to get sunburn in the back of there necks from working outside all day.

funny you should mention that

I'm a fucking consultant in NYC why don't you fuck on back to your woman's studies group. The farthest into the South I've been is Northern Virginia, North of Myrtle Beach and non-payment handle Florida non of which are Cletus areas.

Seriously it was great when we only had to ignore Sup Forums fags I have no idea where you and your fellow leftie retards came from.

>Go outside and actually try to meet people
I'm a married and employed 32 yr old. I'm not a NEET.
>your opinions are formed by a few bad experiences
You mean ages 9-27? Did you Google Earlville?
I'm talking about 1/4 of the people I've known, and much of my own family.
>or from pop culture
No, the pop culture portrayal of all rural people as rednecks bothers me. I still live in a rural area, but with fewer rednecks.
Good on ya for knowing the real origin. Considering that some of the original rednecks were my ancestors, it pains me to see the current "bro-country"/proudly stupid use of that word.

ITT: reddit

>Not him
>Why would anyone be picking corn in July, and why would they do it in the evening?
Well at least we know his parents aren't Mexican and he's probably never been outside of a major city.

I thought the same until someone years ago pointed me to when it first started being widespread and it's cultural association.

I am a the redneckiest of rednecks.

AMA

Read the thread, faggot.
Mexicans don't pick corn; combines harvest it. Mexicans de-tassle seed corn, along with broke country kids ages 12+(child labor laws are different for agriculture).

>Good on ya for knowing the real origin. Considering that some of the original rednecks were my ancestors, it pains me to see the current "bro-country"/proudly stupid use of that word.
I'm guessing it might be because the same stock gave America moonshine, NASCAR and country music so the populations cultural contributions became associated with the word instead of who the actual rednecks were.

If you truly are an educated adult why would you believe sweeping generalizations or explain your opinion with a fucking catchphrase? It only makes it difficult to take you or your opinions seriously. Again, leave your bubble and get to meet people. Things are not as bad as you think.

>Mexicans don't pick corn; combines harvest it. Mexicans de-tassle seed corn,
I'm aware but they would still no people aren't picking it in early July.
>along with broke country kids ages 12+(child labor laws are different for agriculture).
Yeah my friend picked blueberries at 13 and we both worked in a warehouse at 14.

hahahahaha this is such a yankee view of rednecks

a "Yankee view of rednecks" is anybody who isn't a Yankee.

>Vertically landing rocket
>No type of failsafe in case it tips over

Elon...

Some of the most hardcore rednecks are yankees. I would put a rural Mainer up against any Appalachian.

I suspect that you're possibly confusing something you've read elsewhere ITT with something I've said. If I define rednecks as rural or suburban folks who are "dumb, racist, probably drunk, and prone to destructive behavior," then what's wrong with disliking rednecks? I've stated that most rural people are not rednecks. I like being a rural guy, and I don't like rednecks being what others think of when they think of the sticks.

Besides, what bubble do you think I'm in? I live in rural New England, and I've lived in the rural, suburban, and urban Midwest and Rockies. I'm a libertarian from a Catholic conservative family, and my wife and her family are NYC liberals.

What do you have against them, chief?

>a "Yankee view of rednecks" is anybody who isn't a Yankee.
This. Except the West Coast (and sort of Texas) are their own animal.
t.New Englander

A yankee view of rednecks is one that is wrong

That is to say, any view of them in any positive light. Experience with rednecks makes you hate them, unless you are one, which many american posters here are

going off of which unless you jumped in the reply chain for some reason are your posts. You seem to have an irrational hatred for a group which has characteristics shared by everyone. You cannot say that you want to genocide a group because of opinions that you sum up with a catchphrase and expect people to think you are not a Sup Forums tier larping retard.

It's accurate, though. Republicans push for benefits for the rich while fucking over the poor and since the poor as mostly stupid, they by into the rhetoric that the republicans give a shit about them and that all their personal failings can be projected onto minorities.
The are two types of Republican party voters: the rich who are looking to fuck over others in order to get richers, and the stupid who don't give a fuck about anyone else and are content to have their pathetic victim complexes pandered to.
They're white niggers in that they think the world is against them and everyone else is to blame. Why do you think both African American thug culture and "white" trash redneck culture share the same root tribal religious obsessions and authoritarian idol worship? It's the same shit: dumb poor people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Conservative/traditional/Republican types are nothing but tribalistic niggers.

Not him
I agree with everything you said in that post, but it's rubbing me the wrong way for some reason.
This was not mine, but I did reply with "This." to it.
Ok, you got me. I don't actually want rednecks genocided. I was being edgy and ridiculous.
You seem to have really latched onto the "hold my beer..." joke, when I've stated several times that their defining characteristics are their racist attitudes and their pride in ignorance/stupidity. A rural person without those things is just a rural person.
I'm a rural person.
>I like it here. It's peaceful.
I drive a truck.
>I live on a dirt road on the side of a mountain.
I hunt and fish.
>I am ethical, and I was raised in a tradition of respectful care and harvesting of animals.
I like beer.
>I'm a local beer fag. Fuck you, Long Trail tastes great, and Bud is fucking terrible.
I'm not a redneck.

How do you define a redneck?

>they'll fix your car
If they could fix cars, how come they have a broken camero in their front yard.

Rednecks are
>stupid
>uneducated
>have zero skills besides making deer jerky
>unmotivated
>lazy
>incompetent
>unprofessional

A "yankee" will give you his business card and make an appointment with you before doing work at your house. A "redneck" will pop by randomly after missing his own appointment and then charge you an outrageous price.

Rednecks are called that because back in the day union guys wore a red bandanna on their necks for solidarity and wealthy metropolitan people made fun of them for that

I think that most people overestimate the importance of economic issues for many voters. Many of us are single-issue, or at least just majorly focused on our pet issues. This is especially true for rural people, as we see ourselves as more self-reliant. I have 4 acres of fertile land and lots of ammo. Let the stock markets crash.

is cletus from the simpsons a redneck or white trash?

I find it hilarious every time they bitch about food stamps and welfare when they take more money from the federal government to subsidize their "farmland" they've yet to develop since who fucking knows when

our left does the exact same goddamned thing except instead of pointing problems at illegals using half truths and exaggerations they use vaguely defined "rich people" using half truths and exaggerations. Both sides are demagogues, thinking that its somehow purely a right wing thing to do is just showing a severe lack of self awareness.

In my experience as a black guy Australian rednecks are the same as American rednecks, just the ones in Australia are less likely to shoot me

Southern white people are super friendly to blacks though

Only niggers and rednecks hate each other

they aren't mutually exclusive

that is to say, SOME rednecks are actually cool people and they just like doing funny southern shit like doing dougnuts in the mud while shooting their mossbergs out of their windows but may or may not be a shitty person. They're still usually awful but there are exceptions

White trash are always shitty, no matter what, and it's more of an economic/lifestyle thing than anything to do with hobbies

Both.
Specifically, though, he's a "slack-jawed yokel."
>they take more money from the federal government to subsidize their "farmland" they've yet to develop since who fucking knows when
I'm no fan of farm subsidies, but that statement doesn't really make sense. Care to explain?
It's always nice when the one black guy who moves to town is just a regular dude. When you have ghetto refugees show up in the wrong small town, shit can get fucking ugly. Sucks.
Our token was a weeb. The only trouble he got in was for chasing a wigger/skinhead through the park with a katana. He just got a warning, because the cops liked and felt bad for him.

>Southern white people are super friendly to blacks though

you really don't understand what you're experiencing, and as someone with fuckloads of family in birmingham let me explain it

yes, they're being *nice* to you because that's just how they are. the racism isn't overt, in your face type shit like you'd get in boston. the racism comes with the fact that in their subconscious they see themselves as better than you, higher up, more evolved. the second you do something wrong you're suddenly a chimping out apenigger to them. as long as you behave, they'll be NICE to you but they will never see you as equal. same goes for mexicans, they're nice to mexicans but mexicans are just seen as "the help", barely people. I know this because my cousin always has them working on his house. they treat them nicely but would never actually treat them normally, like how they'd treat another white person.

I define redneck as the caricature of a poor rural person who typically is less educated, poorer, and more traditional. Basically larry the cable guy/duck dynasty types. The reason I was on your case in particular is because you seemed to fall into the trap that described. Today people seem to genuinely believe that all rural people act like their caricatures (think the "rural and suburban retards" shit thats thrown around in politics alot. Normally this would not bother me if I didnt see the intense hypocrisy of the exact people who believe these stereotypes. Yes there are a lot of dumb fuck rural people out in the country but there are just as many if not more in the inner cities that just show it in different ways.

For the record I know you were memeing. I just feel strongly about this elitism and lack of self awareness that a lot of people seem to have today.

I never see it this way because I am more educated and well off than the average person. If anything I feel guilty about subconsciously feeling that way about people in general myself.

I have only experienced racism in Chicago where I am from from whites who are really passive aggressive or patronizing about it. I have also been treated badly by Mexicans who are overtly racist to me.

shut the fuck up autist

its like they let a team of highschoolers that were really good at KSP design the rocket

you seem like a very pessimistic person

wr don't only posh fags do

right, and those people aren't as common as racists in the south are. like i said, they're just more in your face about it. almost EVERY white person in the south sees themselves as better than you, and it's so ingrained into their psyche that they don't feel like they need to remind you of that.

t. people who have no idea what the south is like

i've been here since before your dad accidentally nutted inside your mom

I've really gone out of my way to say that, by my definition of the very word, a redneck is a RACIST and PROUDLY IGNORANT rural person. Do you see how, as a rural person, I could find your definition of redneck to be a little insulting to rural people?
There's no caricature for me. These are actual people I know. My mother has a cousin named Darla-Lynn who uses one of those leather cigarette wallets. Her son, Bobby, is a redneck piece of shit.

What you're doing is kinda like criticizing a black dude who doesn't like niggers.

I born in and raised right outside of savannah georgia. There is far more of a political divide than a racial one.

fair enough, the wording of your early posts seemed to imply differently.

Yeah and I was born and raised in Jacksonville so we're basically from the same area, it's way more prominent in places like Alabama but if you really can't see the pervasive undertones of white superiority here in the south then you haven't been looking around much

Yeah I am a Conservative Libertarian too which seems to go well with most white people in the south too