Anyone got music thats both beautiful and crushing? Try to avoid the usuals like HANL and Jesu

anyone got music thats both beautiful and crushing? Try to avoid the usuals like HANL and Jesu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4vz-2nVlD1E
youtube.com/watch?v=SRl_kuLYbx8
youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE
debutantemusic.bandcamp.com/album/shelter-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=wLe_-ZZbs5k
youtube.com/watch?v=WD5-8zdKC_Y
fragmentsofanempire.bandcamp.com/album/unspoken-e-p
youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg
youtube.com/watch?v=vNcGVIohlMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tkD4Fdkc4po
youtube.com/watch?v=BQsaPVW3vxY
youtube.com/watch?v=YBOciGIPPIM
youtube.com/watch?v=CedjY5MVruk
youtube.com/watch?v=NUUsA_iG2lU
youtube.com/watch?v=64M_AKe3XVk
youtube.com/watch?v=DNl_18Kr56g
youtube.com/watch?v=pOc-RCGj6iE
youtube.com/watch?v=0BSHAXpNey0
youtube.com/watch?v=DNQZ39zb3jI
youtube.com/watch?v=0KyH4i0uFaU
youtube.com/watch?v=PUAhfyMf59s
youtube.com/watch?v=kdAloztRU4E
youtube.com/watch?v=RQw-Lf-Duro
youtube.com/watch?v=asoc61rcz0c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are u me?

Menace Ruine

i too love that album

The Goslings might be the kind of thing you're looking for
Grandeur of Hair is a damn good album. ethereal, yet heavy af

I also recommend their collaboration with WARMTH, an album called Heaven of Animals. At least the first track, which is, imo, the best one on it

youtube.com/watch?v=4vz-2nVlD1E
youtube.com/watch?v=SRl_kuLYbx8

I'd also recommend "Summer In My Veins" by "I am a lake of burning orchids"

youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE

Debutante is a cool project that I discovered within the past year
I like their "shelter EP" best

debutantemusic.bandcamp.com/album/shelter-ep

you might like the group "loveliescrushing", altho their stuff is not as "heavy", and more ambient, it definitely can create very noisy walls of sound to get lost in, and is gloomy/melancholic (but definitely beautiful)

youtube.com/watch?v=wLe_-ZZbs5k

Ennoven is a neat project i stumbled onto on bandcamp a while back, which is self-described as having" atmospheric black metal sound with huge post rock and ambient influences"
it's got a good mix of being dreamy and crushing, imo. if Weighing Souls Like Sands is dying in the flames of hell, Ennoven sounds like dying in a vast frozen forest.

youtube.com/watch?v=WD5-8zdKC_Y

another bandcamp project i quite liked is "fragments of an empire". it's definitely not as full of layers of textured noise, but it is beautiful and crushing. it's got a starker kinda vibe to it. like, an in-between between HANL's Unnatural World and Godspeed You! Black Emperor or something
I like their "unspoken EP" best but their other album "I´ve left the house with light clothes only / now I´ll never get warm again" is also great

fragmentsofanempire.bandcamp.com/album/unspoken-e-p

I feel the need to recommend Nadja, because everyone seems to want to put them in this kind of style. You might like them, but I never got super into them

Stormcrowfleet

thank you

Good post. glad to see Lovesliescrushing getting love. Scott's other project Astrobrite has some pretty cool stuff as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg

listen to this shit roight now

this
youtube.com/watch?v=vNcGVIohlMQ

youtube.com/watch?v=tkD4Fdkc4po

In the same vein as Lovesliescrushing: Jefre-Cantu Ledesma
youtube.com/watch?v=BQsaPVW3vxY

It's not "crushing" in the Angelic Process/Astrobrite/Goslings sense, but I believe Dead Can Dance qualifies for being intimidatingly majestic. Or at least, all the songs with Lisa Gerrard on vocals since the ones with Brandon Perry are a bit more standard post punky.
youtube.com/watch?v=YBOciGIPPIM

Thanks for the recs, theres some really good stuff

How much of their discography have you heard? Into the Labyrinth and Amastasis both have some powerful tunes with Perry on vocals.

If you can tolerate emo, Indian Summer is some of the rawest and lashing-out the genre has to offer. A shame that they only really made enough material to make a posthumous compilation album.
youtube.com/watch?v=CedjY5MVruk

Ah that's good to know. I've only listened to up to Aion + Eye of the Hunter

astronoid is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=NUUsA_iG2lU
kairon; IRSE! is not as crushing but still is heavy on the ears with beautiful vocals, kinda like a heavier sigur ros at times
youtube.com/watch?v=64M_AKe3XVk
also check out pallbearer, they are melodic sludgy prog metal/rock and have some lovely saccharine songs
youtube.com/watch?v=DNl_18Kr56g
same goes for elder, while we're getting a little away from beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=pOc-RCGj6iE
endorsing this. same label as hanl and giles corey i think

loving this thread tho

They don't have a bad album. I have most of their discography on CD back at my Dad's house. Their first album is the only one that has a more guitar rock sort of sound but even then it's got that 80s 4AD kind of aesthetic.

If you enjoy Weighing Souls With Sand, you could listen to This Will Destroy You

They're really good, but not as dark I don't think.

youtube.com/watch?v=0BSHAXpNey0

i saw them with autolux and a band i can't find online called allah in chicago once. it was amazing. they were the second post rock band i heard after EITS

Yeah that's what I figured, I was planning on going threw their entire discog but got sidetracked. I fucking love Spleen and Ideal; it's definitely a top 10 album for me.

bump

hey, i'm just glad i could help! you're welcome

i have a hard time finding music that hits the kind of sweet spot that i look for so i want to try and help other people if i can

to add another rec, i remember enjoying is A Ticking Clock I Couldn't Stop. it's on the same label as Giles Corey/HANL

this is neat

Love Streams is an awesome album

i meant to include Yellow Swans in my list. Drowner is incredible

gonna check these out

thanks everyone for a great thread

Deathconciousness is an easy call.

while i dont think this is what OP was looking for, thank you for showin this to me. very cool

Godflesh, fucking love Justin Broadrick

youtube.com/watch?v=DNQZ39zb3jI
youtube.com/watch?v=0KyH4i0uFaU

Isis is a good choice as well, pic related specifically

youtube.com/watch?v=PUAhfyMf59s

Alcest & peste noire

Medicine for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=kdAloztRU4E
youtube.com/watch?v=RQw-Lf-Duro

Also this
youtube.com/watch?v=asoc61rcz0c

Strand of Oaks