Is net neutrality a thing in your country?

Is net neutrality a thing in your country?

In the US it is a meme. Lots of bullshit and fear mongering. It is not about "banning Sup Forums" as the gookmoot wants you to believe.

>It is not about "banning Sup Forums"
Its about making Sup Forums load so slowly you don't want to use it anymore.

t. NSA

> tfw the only reason net neutrality is still a thing is not because of the massive citizenry backlash but because of companies that would be negatively effected by it's repeal

really, how slow, proof?

>proof?
Do you even know what net neutrality is?

>I hate the situations that arise when there's a monopoly
>Let's give unlimited regulatory and monitoring powers to the most malicious and irresponsible monopoly of them all
I see US government shills are out in force today

>implying less people using Sup Forums and reddit is not a good thing

>it's a "Sup Forums americans are talking about net neutrality because right wing media told them it's bad" day

you would LITERALLY support erdogan if you were born in a different country lmfao

>It's a "liberal Americans are supporting NSA spying because Youtubers told them it's trendy" thread
This is your brain on leftism

so according to you non net neutrality
means "things will be so slow you don't want to use them anymore"?

>right wing
Eh, even that faggot john oliver is against it

That is literally one hundred percent the opposite of true, Brazil. Download better subs

I don't trust him, he's too dark and in a position of authority.

he will make sure posts like your will take 10 minutes to upload

>non net neutrality
>means "things will be so slow you don't want to use them anymore"?
No, try reading again and not trying to input your own opinions.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

lmao
i like your comment

I saw on "Heat Street" that the very important video game journalist we all really care about "Annie Xu" said net neutrality was good

Annie gave "Transformers 3 For The Xbox" a 7/10 instead of the 9/10 that it clearly deserved, so she's wrong about this too

>they never did the things that I'm bitching about while we didn't have net neutrality
>b-but they'll do it this time, y-you'll see!
lol

t. literal LITERAL fucking shill

Why are all the companies, organizations and people I hate in favor of net neutrality?

Even Soros-funded groups like it.

Net neutrality is a thing here because we had a dramatic demonstration of why it's something that needs protection.

One of our telecom companies has a worker's strike. They highered scabs, and the strikers made a website shit talking the company and the scabs. It was ugly, but protected speech. In response, the company just decided to prevent anyone using their service from accessing that site. Telecoms here, much like in the states from what I can see, are fucked up monopolies. They essentially just silenced those voices for a seriously significant portion of the web connected country.

That's a dramatic display of a company deciding it doesn't want you to have access to information it deems inappropriate. It's obvious why that needs to be protected against (or it should be, anyways)

I'm less dramatic terms, just think of traffic prioritization. Having to buy a p2p priority bundle to make sure your VoIP calls and client hosted videogames are lag free. Having to buy the streamer package to make sure you can get 1080p from twitch, YouTube and Netflix.

This isn't content these people are creating, it's access to their competitors content. Remember that they have their own streaming services. Not popular ones now, sure, but suddenly they become way more attractive when you can access their video streams on the default no frills package.

Imagine if gas stations could charge you for gas depending on what your destination was. Hey, they made a deal with Walmart, so if you want to go do your groceries there then the drive costs you 5 bucks a gallon. The Costco right next door, though? Slow down there, son! 16 bucks a gallon to get to them, they haven't struck a deal with us yet! Can we offer you the "made in America grocery gas bundle? It includes Costco, whole foods and trader Joe's!"

It's a system that needs to exist. The alternative is having competing internets, and either way that weakens the power of the internet as a whole

>i-i-its not a collusive oligopoly guys I swear its good competition!

My phone bill is $110 for 5 gb because Canada fell for the same meme.

If you are referring to what boils down to pay more for a connection that isn't artificially throttling services then yeah, we have had that in Australia since day zip. Corporations pay out the arse for thousands of connections which are given preference over all over connections, meaning when shit starts to hit the fan because of congestion, those expensive corporate lines are secured while other people are basically temporarily switched over to a shittier service to make room.

That's really the worst form of lack of net neutrality, because it isn't just for shitty private content providers but at a hardware level which is set up to give preference to corporate usage due to both the prohibitive cost but also because you have to be a business at least in order to even be allowed into these sorts of connections.

otoh they invest a shitton of money in their fiber networks and shit, and google and netflix etc want to use them for free. but i agree, the streaming users will get fucked in the ass. so much for "cutting the cord" lmao.

>Corporations pay out the arse for thousands of connections which are given preference over all over connections, meaning when shit starts to hit the fan because of congestion, those expensive corporate lines are secured
Thats paying for bandwidth. Which is important for handling large volumes of clicks.

>Its about making Sup Forums load so slowly
Kek, I guess m00t was in on it all along. He even set up his mod culture on the same basis: provide a shit service in the hopes that the worst shitters will get fed up and go somewhere else.
Little wonder Google nabbed him, he was a pioneer.

>Thats paying for bandwidth
Content is bandwidth.

>provide a shit service in the hopes that the worst shitters will get fed up and go somewhere else.
Its true, its like CEOs or people who operate these companies are suicidal.

Customer service is shit and everything is also available online and will be delivered to me, sometimes for free.

>when shit starts to hit the fan
So how does that affect you as a user?
Is Netfilix too slow in Australia? Probably not.

Google has literally been fighting legislation in order to even be able to install and use their own fiber networks on existing telephone poles, that's what's happening. Access to them is being vetoed by other companies using those poles. When it comes to companies fighting with each other, you can be pretty damn sure there'll be plenty of backstabbing and flying knives to go around. The notion that the way to keep the consumer safe is to cut out his eyes so they don't get poked by an errant knife is definitely not the way to go.

Once you reach market saturation and you're essentially a monopoly, there's nowhere to grow. Your shareholders will not take that for an answer, however. Quarterly growth is expected, so you start trimming the fat. Cut costs, treat your employees worse, year your customers worse, put the squeeze on them, where the fuck are they gonna go?

It's about charging you for a premium pack to be able to use Sup Forums.

Yes, faggots tried that shit, it didn't stick, but it'll eventually happen.

>Is Netfilix too slow in Australia? Probably not.
Is it, actually. Netflix themselves have made an official statement themselves stating that the Internet in Australia simply isn't up to the minimum standard they demand, and have blamed our wholesale monopoly corporation, Telstra, for the situation. Cloudflare has made similar statements, but in regard to Telstra and their greedy price gouging for network usage.

You really have no idea what it is like over here, do you? Americans like to complain about their telecomm monopoly situation but in reality they're like kittens compared to the lion we have over here which goes by the name of Telstra.

t. Corporate boot licker

>otoh they invest a shitton of money in their fiber networks and shit, and google and netflix etc want to use them for free

Holy shit you have no fucking clue what you're talking about

>companies fighting with each other,
there you go. and why should we take sides in their dirty fights?

according to who?

Because you're a retarded Kekstani who hates them because you were told to.

>fuck america they are shit
>yeah right we are shit, we really like how things are in your cunt
>fucking retard, our country is shit, much worse than yours, so shut the fuck up

If you ask "is it fair that semi trucks have to pay more in taxes and tolls than regular cars," they'd all unanimously and emphatically say yes.

So...what's the difference between Netflix and the trucking industry?

because one of them winning tangentially fucks us.

this is like being in an elevator with a retard trying to stab another retard who's trying to pull a pin on a grenade and saying "why should I care which retard wins? Just let em do their thing lol"

guaranteedreplies.jpeg

fuck off ajit

why would a consumer not support net neutrality?

>being so contrarian to your own interests just to "btfo" the other guys
Only in America

>net neutrality repealed
>kekistanfags and alt rights all BTFO
Well atleast there's some good things coming out of this, right?

Remaining loyal to your ideals means you are not an hypocrite. Also, people over exagerate things like they always do.

Taking the long view != Exaggeration

its more like "truck companies that don't belong to the company that owns roads have to pay more"
This creates an unfair advantage to the road owning company, it can bankrupt truck company by restricting their access to roads

>liberal
>leftism
choose one