What is daily life like in a small rural African town?

What is daily life like in a small rural African town?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X3tJ5Nfxn9I
youtube.com/watch?v=LHAUMPoCiVs
youtube.com/watch?v=LqwFPuOCDPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*user was killed by a mosquito-borne illness for this post*

Black guy: "atleast I wasn't born in central america"

must be nice
when i was kid i sometime lived almost fully disconnected from """"""civilization"""""" for months, it was nice

What is life like in small-town Central America?

>get drunk with "indita" or "venado" all the time
>build house with aluminium sheets
>fuck Ermenegilda Tuk Perez in the ass
>have a family of 8
>get drunk as fuck

Must be very nice.

Have you seen The Book of Eli?

imagine how nice it is to have a town like that
>no tax
>no school
>no government

Comfy

"""""rural"""""

It certainly isn't urban. There's only one small shop and one restaurant in the town

Lived in rural northern Mozambique for about a year.

It's pretty chill.

My village usually had power, next village down the road (read 40 miles) didn't, but no one really had appliances or anything that needed consistent power, so the school generator or the neighbor with a solar panel was enough to charge your laptop or cellphone for the day.

No fridges or water so daily or every other day trips to the market/well happened. Lots of negotiating prices and hoping someone happened to be selling something like canned tomatoes or canned beans which were nice since they don't take any prep time to cook and store forever.

Lots of unemployment, day drinking men, especially if they got injured and couldn't do manual labor. LOTS of stray dogs, and noise, and dog fights at night.

Lots of time to sit around and read, shoot the shit, kind of the old community mentality where you could drop in on anyone/anyone could drop in on you and you'd invite them to stay for a meal.

Lots of petty crime and crimes against females, nothing particularly dangerous for a guy though.

Most places have cell signals and are getting pretty quickly connected through that, even the more remote areas if they're not too mountainous. It's a lot quicker and cheaper to throw up 3G towers every couple 100 km than it is to run cables.

Pic related is a pleasant example of rural in the African sense

i'd imagine:
>bleed
>food is mostly roots and fish
>play football
>fight/evade occasional raids on your tribe by some militia trying ethnic cleansing
>breed

>this is what civcucks actually believe

Your typical space program here and there
youtu.be/X3tJ5Nfxn9I

Also this song: youtube.com/watch?v=LHAUMPoCiVs

that song everywhere, on repeat, from loudspeakers and trucks, until it haunts your dreams... because your neighbor is playing it at 3 in the morning

i used to live her (bic related) it's comfy but
there is no bread you should make your own bread
too cold at winter too hot at summer no ac
weak net signal to no existent
weak phone signal to no existent

Not a bad song, has a pretty strong African atmosphere.

>weak net signal to no existent
>weak phone signal to no existent

Nice.

she thicc tho

They don't really have a music scene, mostly american pop and angolan music. That guy's from Moz and incorporates native languages on top of the pt so he's insanely popular there. Not too bad compared to most african music youtube.com/watch?v=LqwFPuOCDPo

Cute girls, but their hair is fake weaves and pretty bitchy personality wise

What is Mozambique like? I get the sense that it's sort of like other East/South African countries in that while it's not very developed, it's nominally safer and more stable than most African countries. (IE they don't have a big problem with random militias or other military groups.) What do you think?

>shit made houses (in the literal sense. manure is being used in many cob constructions)

>repressive tribal elders trying to govern everything people do

>little to no healthcare

>little to no education

>notoriously corrupt government officials pestering the villagers

>hard manual and traditional labor

>little to no advancement in living conditions

>random rainfall patterns and massive wildlife problems hurting crop production

>free aid devaluing internal production prices

>starvation

>poverty

>often times blood feuds, violence and problems with neighboring villages
all in all I'd go with the worst parts of medieval serfdom sprinkled with random african problems on top

It's in that group for sure, though not entirely free from fighting. After the civil war the losing side basically decided to make a political party dedicated to leaving/controlling the areas they're popular in, and also keep their own militia. Occasionally the government decides to burn a village for supporting the, in theory illegal, militia (which they probably do, but it also typically happens their village is over a coal deposit the govt wants) or the opposition will declare their independence for the 8th time and start shooting at buses passing through their territory.

It's relatively safe though, I was on the border of support for both sides and no one was worried about roving bands attacking villages or anything like that. There were obvious places where people knew when and where something was going to pop off.

I hear things have quieted down a bit in the past year, which is what most people expected. Everyone over 35 remembers the civil war there when things went full on blood diamond and nobody wants to go back to that.

Culturally it runs from remnant arab/indian/portuguese trading port cities to straight up tribes in masks around a fire. Good food, good beer, and really interesting fun people. They've got a lot of issues, but if you speak portuguese and spend 5 minutes to figure out where not to go it's a pretty cool and fairly safe place to be.

>Lived in rural northern Mozambique for about a year.
Did they try to kill you or cut your hands off for being white?

>assuming he's white

He is American so it's a safe assumption.

Is this your first day on Sup Forums or something?

Am white, only problem I ever had was cops auto expect a bribe when you're traveling.

Albino Africans on the other hand have to watch their backs. They've got a region where it's just genetically more common ~5% to be albino and people will legit chop their hands for use in juju.

that little village is having more babies a day than my country

It's cozy, at least in my region.

The only thing it lacks is probably modern healthcare, but villages are mostly built not so far from cities.

Did you go with mates or just decided to go live in a African peasant village by yourself?

>pittsburgh.jpg

Is that your village?

the same as a large American city

Why did you live there?