*kills hip-hop*

*kills hip-hop*

He gave birth to a lot of these new shitty rappers but he himself is great.

Percocet molly percocet

*conceives R&T (rhythm & trap)*

Listen to DS2

Him, Young Thug, and Gucci will be the only things worth remembering about trap music 20 years from now.

No lie detected.

*saves hip-hop for the fourth time*

Thug hasn't been good since 2014. He let every shitty rapper take his lane, and continued to make stupid business decisions.

Future is trash, but he knows his lane and who to get a co-sign/stimulus from., Gucci already a legend, so yeah.

Barter 6, SS1 and, to an extent, SS2 and 3 are good

>Future is trash
You better take that back, senpai

Barter 6 is a trap classic. Absolutely nothing else sounds like it.

>Absolutely nothing else sounds like it.
do you get off on telling these blatant lies? holy fuck. barter 6 sounds like everything else out there. i don't even listen to trap and i know this

Thug has already established that when he tries he's pretty much the best trap music is gonna get. That's probably why he doesn't really give a shit anymore. Future isn't trash he's just one-dimensional it just so happens that he's pretty good at the one thing he does all the time.

Imagine being this much of a pleb

Barter 6 is the only trap album people describe as atmospheric. The production is distant and ethereal. It's not at all aggressive or overly masculine, two things trap is most known for. Also Young Thug's flow is reminiscent of ODB in his eccentricity.

>i don't even listen to trap and i know this

There's your problem then idiot. I've listened to every trap project under the sun since Flockaveli came out. I think I know more about a genre than a guy who doesn't even listen or care about it. The only three albums I'm sure of will go down as genre defining classics are DS2, Barter 6 and Flockaveli. Flockaveli is already seen as genre-defining and ground-breaking by many people because it's been out long enough.

>Barter 6 is the only trap album people describe as atmospheric
what is cloud rap

>trap "music"
>being remembered 20 years from now

>what is cloud rap

A non-genre and term that was only used during 2010-2012. If you still talk about cloud rap like it's a thing then you don't have any idea.

Also I was talking specifically about trap when I referred to Barter 6 as being the genres most atmospheric and ethereal album. There are plenty of atmospheric hip-hop albums but trap is usually such a confined genre that it's hard to innovate within it. Young Thug did exactly that, with his style and with his selection of beats.

Trap has been such a cultural powerhouse, especially this last year that it will be absolutely remembered. Seven years since Flockaveli came out and and rappers still rap about dealing drugs over rattling hi-hats and 808s sub-bass. The mainstream only caught on the last two years and now trap as a whole is oversaturating the market which will lead to an inevitable backlash. Trap has been another defining chapter in hip-hop's history like g-funk/boom bap/gangsta rap have been before.

What a joke.

Rap/hip hop and it's sub genres are some of the most disposable forms of music out there. Always looking for the new young new thing to pump out quickly. Let's not forget that every album these "artists" come up with are tacked on by a ass loads of guests/friends of theirs to sell more.

You don't even need instrumental nor singing talent, but an image to easily sell.

It started with Lil Wayne

XD