Why aren't people watching TV anymore?

Why aren't people watching TV anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jGq-hLYd-Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=eYIH7ApCxoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People have switched to vidya

They don't air blacked on tv.

Because watching TV is a fairly unpleasant experience.

people are getting sick of jew lies and propaganda

F1 will get a pretty decent boost, Bill burr is watching and mentions how cool it is often on his podcast.

I imagine he has at least a 30% OK I'll try it and maybe 10% watching it conversion rate.

every time i turn the tv on there's nothing good. i just pirate the meme shows. aside from those quality has taken a fucking nosedive.

>severe drop in programming quality
>more commercials, in fact they speed up some programs slightly so they can cram more commercials into a service you're already paying for ayy lmao
>a lot of people channel surf and YT, Netflix, and Hulu fill this role just as well if not better than TV
A lot of people I know have been canceling their subscriptions I haven't watched TV regularly in years and when I do see it unless the person has a DVR it's like using the internet without adblock and I don't understand how someone can sit through it for the 22 min or so of meh content.

>Bill burr

Who?

>Nerf the engines so they sound like Go-Karts
>Impose a load of retarded rules regarding engines & refueling to achieve something unknown
>Move it to a shitty channel with adverts

F1 did it to itself

F1 is down because one team has been dominating for too long.

>3 years

red bull was 4 years, ferrari was like 8 years

it's always been a problem people are just bitching because they dislike hamilton

Because tv is shit with not enough gems to justify suffering the ads and garbage. This was always the case, but there are now other avenues like piracy and netflixs that allow you to watch only what you want to watch and filter out the trash.

F1 is mind numbingly boring

Because nowadays much better options for watching crashes exist
youtube.com/watch?v=jGq-hLYd-Vk

This. TV is full of unrestrained material advertisement and social Marxism.

Can't watch that shit anymore. Rather just download shows/movies that might fancy my interest than flip through whatever is on TV.

Plus my game and anime backlog is huge.

Lets see I can watch tv where 40% of the air time is commercials or I can go online block every ad or pay a few bucks and enjoy ad free entertainment.

Why anyone finds watching cars go around a track for 6-8 hours interesting is beyond me

because streaming video and more channels than ever
Its not that people are watching less, people are watching more, its just that there is so much more good content than ever before so viewers are more spread out

>anime
You are trash.

>game and anime backlog is huge.
You must be 18+ to post here.

you don't, just watch the first lap and the last one

This. Plus constantly dumbing down, compare Planet Earth 2 to Planet Earth 1, TV is getting progressively shit with cheap thrills and degenerate plots.

This, not only is there nothing good on tv but there are WAY too many commercials. I tried watching a football game with my dad. Football games are an hour long minus half time and time outs. There entire thing was nearly four hours fucking long with commercials shoved in every where they can fit. I hate advertisements, I don't even like to buy things. It's a huge waste of time. If I wanted to bond with my dad I could have got drunk and went for a walk around the lake.

Don't watch tv anymore because of advertisements.
Whenever something is good is on i just download the show.

Why would I watch tv when I can watch shit that I actually want to watch, when I want to watch it with little to no advertising?

F1 is unironically the most boringest shit there is to watch
even soccer is more exciting

Wasn't that round about the time Suzi Perry stopped presenting it?

I left after Schumi and Murray Walker retired, it just did not feel the same.

my dad watches cricket

i dont even know how he cant stand it

Because they can watch the same stuff on the internet, when they want, and with less advertisement time.

Cricket actually requires nuanced skill though.

Ads
Marxism
Nothing good
Better alternatives
Outdated uninteractive tech

i wake up at 9am to go to the office and usually get back at 8pm and still need to check emails

i dont have the time to watch TV, i'm trying to make a living

Because there are no characters left anymore.

Just whiny rent-a-kit faggots.

wake up at 9am..
work starts at 10am..
maybe ends at 7?
9 hour days...
in an office..
poor bby.

F1 looks all the same to me, my dad and brother like motorcycle racing and I sometimes go with them and it really puzzles me how someone can stay in the same spot and watch the same constant streaming past on one tiny section of track for hours on end. The thick smell of greasy burger and chip also makes me sad

Its a fucking shame Sup Forums just keeps getting more and more users

>you can watch Netflix without ads for $8 or $9 a month
>you can watch shows literally only like a week late or something with Hulu, I believe without ads interrupting
>you can torrent almost anything
>television is literally 8 or 9 minutes of commercials in a 30 minute block
>most of the shows are shit now

Better question, why is anybody still watching TV?

Television is for housewifes and old people.

*wives

Not him, but 9 hours of work doing anything is still overwhelmingly time consuming. Office work isn't hard like physical labor, but it's still mentally exhausting.

this, i've done both blue and white collar. white is much more soul crushing because nothing you're doing matters in the slightest. it's like if you locked yourself in a featureless steel box for 9 hours a day, five days a week.

it's actually worse than that because a few times a day some asshole opens a slot on the box and tries to have awkward small talk.

>i dont have the time to watch TV,
Says the guy who has time for Sup Forums

Did F1 drivers really have tons of groupies in the 1970s?

Pulling up Die Hard by choice is not nearly as rewarding as stumbling across it on the channel guide.

Dude probably prefers Sup Forums to television with his limited free time.

that and you can shitpost on Sup Forums at work

Why would I watch tv when I can scream at retards while gaming.

I can watch tv in work. I shitpost instead.

>watching F1

There are only so many 5 year olds to go around.

Netflix has outdated shows that are 3 or 4 seasons behind and their original programming is hit or miss. Put that along side of shitty movies why would you even pay for that?

Plus this is talking about f1 racing which is the biggest sport in the world, it could lose millions of viewers and still be the most watched sport.

>why would you even pay for that?
The thing is you can have like 5 people on an account. Most of us don't pay for it but have access to it anyways

>thinks da joos are behind bad TV
>plays games/watches anime

Remember when Sup Forums worked as a containment board?

it's expensive, it's inconvenient and it's plagued with the second most invasive form of advertising we are legally allowed to use

piracy is so fucking easy

big media won't start gaining back stream watchers and pirates until it's easier to buy the content than it is to torrent or mirror it, which won't happen anytime soon

netflix and other streaming services are a step in the right direction, but every provider hopped on the bandwagon too fast so in order to be subscribed to all the good media out there costs more and is harder than torrenting it or buying TV

I doubt they'll ever learn, until it's too late and one of two things happens: A single megacorporation controls 99% of the media and distributes it, or traditional TV dies, which is less likely.

F1 management killed the sport.

If the mercs buy out Alonso, and performance parity is restored with the abolishment of the token system, I think f1 viewership will probably improve. 2017 is looking to be the strongest year for F1. And hopefully the new Burger media conglomerate will fire the old guard and invest in new media instead of just milking the sport dry.

what do you mean?

>F1

It's just a Bernie Ecclestone money printing scheme nowadays anyways, he would literally have them drive in an oil sheiks garden if he paid him enough money. Nothing of value was lost

Yea but still if I wanted for example to wait 3 years to watch the final season of breaking bad I would still have too. 3 years later I would have lost interest.

I don't know if thats true or not first thing I thought of but still, why would I want to wait for outdated seasons of shows currently airing new ones? Like the shows on s5 and netflix is just getting to s2 or 3. Seems dumb to wait years just to save a little money.

>F1

A race where teams tell their drivers

>slow down to let x win

fuck off

>Damn kids these days, always sitting in front of their television screens! They need to get out and experience the world!
>hey wait come back to the tv

the last time that happened the driver refused though

most new shows go on about 6-10 months after the season ends but I really don't think watching current seasons of network TV shows is the primary draw of netflix, its more about picking up shows you previously hadn't watched, or watching the pretty good assortment of complete series of top tier comedy shows such as Always Sunny, Arrested Development and Parks and Rec on demand. I've rewatched a bunch of classic shows like those on there as a background to time I spend on my computer

Plus their original programming is better than any network besides maybe HBO. Netflix does more good programming than all of the big broadcast networks combined

Its a fucking good deal when your parents have an account and you can get it for free, pretty much makes cable obsolete besides for sports

Because films are better than shows most of the time.

Why are people uploading 744 KB PNGs?

that's less than 1 mb? how shit is your internet that it matters

Well yea guess I never thought about it like that, could see if you want to watch some classics or old show and don't want to pirate.

But their original programming is nowhere close to regular networks, where do you think those old shows are coming from? And the shows that are coming out 6-10 months later? Those very networks that people with cable have already seen and moved on past.

F5 is a more useful key anyway

>australia internet

just kill yourself

My kdrama and the only thing I watch isnt shown in my country desu.

because the underwater data cables leading from Sup Forums's servers to your aussie mud hut can handle terabits per second. the problem is your shitty provider, and by extension you.

wtf people think F1 is boring? What sports are you guys watching that is more entertaining

Golf

>But their original programming is nowhere close to regular networks
Are you counting HBO, premium cable in regular networks?

Besides them, FX is pretty much the only one doing anything interesting (and formerly AMC, they still try but are having pretty bad luck). The broadcast networks have almost nothing but complete shit now since the death of NBC's stretch of good Thursday comedy shows

Saunaing

Ski jumping

People microwaving things

Watching grass grow is more entertaining

racing is pretty fucking boring

>Driving
>Sport
Pick one, loser.

hockey, the goat medium for competitive play

Remove the electric -ew from your life.

TV belongs in the garbage.

Film is an irrelevant media.

Journalism is not as powerful as they once believed.

F1 fucking sucks.

Endurance racing was always more interesting than F1. F1 is shit tier racing meant to tickle the pickle of 3rd world despots.
Rally was too.
youtube.com/watch?v=eYIH7ApCxoM

Bingo

>he doesn't know that the jews fear the samurai

>RUNNING IN THE 90S

Basically this I mean who the fuck wants 40% of their time devoted to ads?

>f1
I'd rather drive a prius than watch someone else driving

52 card pickup

paintdry

watching boring arse cars. tv is dead because internet. simple.

Because it's hundreds of channels with the same lame shit on it. I don't even need it for sports any more, you can just stream it all.

Because it's not fun to watch a 24 player race where every race is about which Mercedes is going to win

Because why would they? The only people that still want or pay for cable are old. Everyone else uses the internet. My 50+ year old parents insist on cable because it's "easier" to watch the news on it than take 2 seconds and look it up online.

That's who watches television now.

Hockey nigga. Although I like F1 as well.

Engineer:Okay AMX, slow down and let Bully through
AMX: NO!

kekked

MotoGP is better just because the races are shorter alone.

Also more skill involved and a lot less technological fuckery.