Instrument

Which instrument should one learn in 2018?

Hard mode: no digital/electronic instruments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

marimba

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM

Austin apparently developed a xylophone scene this year with Thor from Swans leading the flagship band. Followed by The Kraken Quartet who's playing a show with them next week.

Alto recorder
Ney
Bodhran
Piano
Those are the ones I'm going to try to learn this year, already started on the piano and recorder though.

every time i think of an instrument i want to learn, i just get bummed out because i know there will be people who have been playing it since they were 9 and ill never be as good

that being said, i would dig learning hammond organ, but i want something portable

nice, the kraken quartet is pretty cool, thx. I dig instrumental stuff like that

any horn players here?

You're very welcome. They were really the only thing I found exciting in town this year.

>Hard mode: no digital/electronic instruments
what a retarded thread

Acoustic instruments are more interesting.
Do you even have autism?

really just meant: no synths, no dj equipment, no fruit loops, etc

Pan pipes

I'm gonna try to learn acoustic guitar and I'm 21 yo. At least I want to hear the music in a different way (to know about technique, rythms, scales, notes).

learn the oboe. very few people play it so youll have an easy time getting to play with orchestras. plus it has the most beautiful melodies. you've probably heard the scene from act 2 of tchaikovsky's swan lake.

i dont listen to classical music, but good suggestion will consider

Guitars a good place to start with instruments since there's so many resources easily available for it, good luck. I would recommend getting into general theory too if you really want to understand the thought process behind how music is written, it goes hand in hand with guitar since so many songs have guitar in it plus it will be easier if you ever want to learn a different instrument. Although a load of song writers have zero music knowledge at all so up to you.

I wanna get better at the clarinet since I've picked one up now.

Try the guitar, there's a ton of very good learning material online. Take a look at the daily /gg/ threads as well for advice.
If you have a friend who already plays guitar, you could take up bass instead. It's easier than guitar and you can jam together after a few weeks of practice.
If you are interested in learning music theory, keyboards are the best choice imho.

Thank you very much. Do you know a good book to start to study music theory?

not him but id recc Harmony & Theory by Keith Wyatt

try Christopher Brellochs' channel on youtube