Why did nobody tell me about this?

why did nobody tell me about this?

it's as good or better than any scandi-meme detective show

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT WAS MARDARRRRRRR

BIT OF THE OL' GURL ON GURL

>needing to be told about british detective shows

They've been consistently based for decades, bro. Sup Forums is one of the few places you can talk about something other than Sherlock/DrWho/DowntonAbbey

its pretty much the case across the board
this is gonna sound dumb, but the simple fact that they dont spend half of each episode finding a two bit thug as a lead, then running after said thug and shooting guns actually makes room for depth

Luther is also fuckin ace

oh jesus I hadn't made that connection

this is going to ruin the next season for me, isn't it.

hilariously I am actually British, grew up here and didn't have a clue about detective shows.

Didn't have a tv as a kid so i only really got to watch stuff when I got to university, and I spent most of that time catching up with all the films I'd missed out on. I'm only now really getting into tv shows.

Wanna recommend some other good british detective shows? Only other one I've watched was Islington or whatever the ripper copycat show was called. Not awful but a bit silly.

Guys what are they staring at? Are they both starting at God or something? Im so confused

Top of the Lake's cinematografer was also True Detective's
The Missing
Les Revenants
Fortitude
everything Hugo Blick
we ought to have a rec chart by now

dead kid on the beach

i think user was making a hilarious reference to the even more hilarious running true detective meme which literally ruined every thread about the goddamn show after the finale happened

I am shamed

Bullshit no one gets shamed here

Luther, Life on Mars is a bit out there but well worth watching, Jonathan Creek if you want to watch something entertainingly stupid

Don't bother with Ashes to Ashes, it were shite

I hate this meme actress
UK was a mistake

I didn't know the doctor and sophie from peep show were in a detective series together

I just finished pirating and watching L'Night Manager where meme actress is co-lead, and incidentally there's a le Carre thread floating around, why do you keep spying on my viewing habits dinnertime bong Sup Forums?

Aw shit you got out meme'd son

>Life on Mars is a bit out there but well worth watching

Selling it short. Probably the last genuinely fucking great drama to be broadcast on terrestrial BBC

fuck, where's the le carre thread? It's been forever since I've been able to bitch on about TTSS adaptations

here ye are samsung user

Hacking and spying is legal in the UK now. We're watching.

samsung user?

I liked night manager a lot when I watched it and I've now completely forgotten it. maybe it was kinda shite.

Do you still need a TV license to pirate or just dont worry about getting thrown into jail?

third act was weak and lazy just like all of le carre's latter stories

>it's as good or better than any scandi-meme detective show

do people here talk about scandinavian murder dramas? i absolute love them when theyre on the telly, the acting is good, the dark wintery setting is great and similar to that of british dramas, i usually see memes and capeshit posted here so its good to see some appreciation for some scandinavian noir

This years The Missing is one of the best miniseries ive watched. so good

Kino;Miss Marple Mysteries (the ones with Joan Hickson in the lead), and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (with based Jeremy Brett)

God Tier;Morse

Good Tier;Poirot

Entertaining Tier;Shoestring, and The Chinese Detective, and A Touch of Frost.