Vinyl

How could they do it? How could HBO cancel such a GOAT series with so much potential? After The Sopranos the baton was passed on to Mad Men, what do we have now that Mad Men ended? Nothing. Sure we have a few good shows like Fargo and The Knick but they just don't reach this level. Just thinking about it makes me sick.

>that amazing cast
>that cinematography
>that music
>that lack of sjw pandering
>that strong male lead
>that Juno Temple/Olivia Wilde nudity
>that all around spectacular first season

I know its been months but it still hurts to know that we'll be stuck with pleb shit like Westworld and Game of Thrones until the end of time because of muh ratings. The golden age of TV is officially over and it died on the 17th of April. The worst part is it's never coming back.

Rest in peace Vinyl we hardly knew you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZsrvDVGFIE
youtube.com/watch?v=_qjiRMLf-Gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vinyl fucking sucked. Don't dare compare it to The Sopranos or Mad Men ever again.

Mad Men sucked. Don't dare compare to The Sopranos ever again.

It was shit m8, held a lot of promise, but fell short by half.

Quarry and The Young Pope were pretty good and that was just this year.

>pretty good

That's the problem they will never be able to reach the levels of pure telekino that Vinyl did.

Because it was a shitty fucking show and you're the only one retarded or young enough to like it.

>DUDE FAMOUS PEOPLE LMAO!
>DUDE LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT YOU REMEMBER!!! LMAO!!!

shitty show.
shitty performances.

my god it had such potential just as an idea if it had been done better though. jeez

Vinyl was fucking shit. It was a worse version of Scorsese's crime films. I can't believe they rushed Boardwalk Empire for this crap.

Boardwalk Empire was fucking garbage m8. Season 3 was literally the only good season and that was only because of Bobby Carnavale.

WRONG!

YOU'RE WRONG!

man, i loved Vinyl, warts and all. however, the show was only going to ever have a niche audience. if Winter, Jagger, Scorsese, and Co. would have focused more on a less expensive approach, it would have been fire. but that bloated pilot and murder mystery plot spelled doom from the start. not to mention Jagger's son has zero screen charisma and the black dude's history with Cannavale should have been slowly revealed throughout the season, not in the pilot. man, what a mess. still dug it, though, but i can appreciate all the criticism it received.

I wanted to like this, and I fucking hated all ten of them. It had elements that worked, but it was a big sloppy mess.

Why the fucking murder shit? There were so many other interesting avenues to explore and they had to go after the meat-head Scorsese contingent.

"Rock fans" aren't a niche audience. If GoT and that fucking Pope show are popular, a show about the Classic Rock music industry could have been popular as well. But it was just shit. Even more so than the rest of HBO's abortions.

>however, the show was only going to ever have a niche audience

Complaints like these remind me of a similar show that HBO kept around despite not finding an audience and being expensive as fuck. I wonder why they kept that show around hmm.

Vinyl was fantastic I don't know why people didn't watch it, were they watching the walking pleb instead? It got a ridiculous low viewership even though it was a really good show, pure kino, the life on mars scene was was of my favourites from television

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZsrvDVGFIE

Not enough pandering to braindead normies.

>that Juno Temple/Olivia Wilde nudity
i'm waiting Sup Forums

It wasn't that good, but it was a hell of a lot better than Vinyl.

i highly doubt Treme was as expensive to produce as Vinyl was. also, the new Pope show has yet to air in the states, so we still haven't seen how it fares. i say Vinyl had a niche audience due to the subject matter. another show that suffered the same fate was Roadies. while plenty of people listen to rock music, not many tune in to watch a show about the behind the scenes stuff, as proven by both of these shows. now, if Vinyl would have been less expensive and used a different approach, then it might have been given time to breathe and find an audience. however, it was wayyyy too expensive to keep on the roster since Thrones eps are now $10 million per to produce.

man, i don't know. i read an early version of the pilot screenplay and it was there since the beginning.

my two favorite scenes were the car crash/buddy holly sequence and when the black dude taught Jagger's son what a skeleton for a song was. stellar scenes. the karate in the office scene was hilarious, too. i wouldn't know about The Walking Dead since i quit watching that in the second season.

I felt that the building collapse in the pilot would have worked out better if it was used from a imagination type thing, instead they brought the building down for real and I could really never get on board from there.

Mad Men was great.

.nobody watched Quarry user. I tried to get threads going but they all failed after people thought I was a shill

Treme stuck around because HBO loved David Simon and also like the Wire it was a great show. You actually cared about character in David Simon shows.

>Quarry
yeah, i haven't bothered with it yet. it's on my to-watch list.

i agree, but the ratings were abysmal for Treme, from what i recall. i hope The Deuce is as good as Treme and Show Me A Hero. i read the pilot screenplay and there's some hilarious moments - pimps talking - but the hooker with the heart of gold bit seems a bit overplayed. then again, i haven't read or seen the following episodes and Simon always delivers.

I like it but given how expensive it was and the views it was getting it wasn't worth it to give it another season.

>that stronge male lead
What?
Richie was a complete fuck up who almost got cuck by a black guy.

Sup Forums is pleb central so I'm not surprised.

I'm just going to post the only good thing about this show.

youtube.com/watch?v=_qjiRMLf-Gk

>a banger banger banger that's me
wew

Slutness aside shes actually a decent actress and deserve better then having to bang Mick Jagger nepotism son for a show this medicore

>Slutness aside

I don't see how you can do that with Juno Temple.

It's a very hard thing to do.

>the baton was passed to mad Men

I love this about/tv/. So full of plebiscites, you actually convinced yourselves that fucking amc's MAD MEN was amazing. Why? Because all of you were newfags and all of you desperately wanted to witness a kino together. So you convinced eachother it was something special. Well you all failed. It's shit and you outted yourselves for the faggots you are

The show was exactly how I thought it would be which was the problem. It was just okay, it wasn't anything groundbreaking, it didn't attempt to try anything new it was just an okay show. Everything we saw from the trailers of the show was EXACTLY how it was, you could watch the trailer and say you've seen the entire series. It's strange for an HBO show to end up like this did, I think Terence Winter due to creative differences... so who knows?

>didn't try to do anything new
what? those intrusive musical numbers were quite innovative. when was the last time you saw that in a tv series?

They were awful and the fact they all had to be covers made the show an even bigger joke.

I love this about/tv/. So full of contrarians, you actually convinced yourselves that fucking amc's MAD MEN was bad. Why? Because all of you were faggots and all of you desperately wanted to hate something because it was popular. So you convinced eachother it was shit. Well you all failed. It's great and you outted yourselves for the contrarian faggots you are

>the fact they all had to be covers made the show an even bigger joke.
that argument/bait is so weak it hurts my feelings. not only were the songs top-tier classics, well, most of them, the intrusive nature of the sequences were as innovative and entertaining as anything i've seen on an HBO program in ages, barring Grandpa.

Some of them were okay but the part where that Piano kid did a cover of Life on Mars was pretty weak and sound like it was from Glee.

i wouldn't know, i've never seen Glee. however, i agree that the Life of Mars sequence wasn't great. it was my least favorite. i really dug the Buddy Holly, Bo Diddley, Lou Reed, Tony Bennett, NY Dolls, and Velvet Underground ones. these are the ones that pop out as pretty damn good and it's probably nearly all of them. to each their own, though. i mean, in a show with a lot to criticize, picking these sequences as a point of contention is rather weak, i'd say.

it went to shit when he started snorting all day every day

Yea I agree most of them were good.

I think the main problem with show was how they did it. The pilot kill all the hype even though it did get better at the end.

Also Mick jagger son can't act and I didn't really like his subplot with Juno.

They should have just pair her up with Clark or something and they both try to get more into the music business.

Soooo Juno Temple thread?

man, Jagger's son was horrendous. the pilot was a real let down and wtf was up with the show abandoning the voiceovers after the first damn episode? i also didn't much care for Juno, though, as I've never found her acting appealing. highlights of the show for me include the musical numbers, Cannavale going full bonkers at least once per episode, the entire car crash episode, Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, the black manager/blues man, and the abbreviated emergence of hip hop. Andrew Dice Clay was great in the pilot, but that entire arc was unnecessary.

Juno is a decent actress but problem is she stars in mostly shit movies but when shes in a decent/good one shes pretty good. I felt like she was wasted in Vinyl because of being stuck with Jagger jr.

Also the car crash episode was probably the best. We need more episode like that and the black manager should have gotten more focus.