SF:Nunez (hamstring) still on track for Friday
MIA:Report: Marlins shopping Ramos and Phelps

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1y7HrD8UpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Red Sox DFA sandofat finally
>Yankees win leader has season ending injury

>Pitching wins

Can someone tell me what the fuck FIP is without being a prick about it. I read up on it but it seems dumb.

Astros fan here: Why should I believe that the end to this season won't be any different than the end to any other season?

I still remember getting swept by the White Sox

Called it

because muh comparisons to old Yankees teams

>not being pro choice

Get with the times

>Pineda dead

YOU JUST KNOW

An attempt at isolating pitcher performance from any support, positive or negative, by defense.

The dodgers are gonna rape you if you manage to get that far.

What, the constant comparison to the 1930's Yankees teams with Ruth and Gehrig don't convince you enough?

So we are supposed to pretend that defensive positions do not exist, and that its just batter vs pitcher with FIP?

>looking through today's schedule
>notice that the White Sox somehow have a winning record at home
how?

>pineda ded

verlander/cueto/hamels to the yanks when?

Never forget

It's that Red Arrow bro, has magic powers

>nationals release krod

>tfw Indians get Britton to add to their Bullpen and get King Felix to bolster the rotation
How can anyone compete?

who else will be watching EVO and Baseball tonight?

Just a weighting mechanism for pitching that attempts to determine the true value of a pitcher independent from defense and luck. Basically it says that a pitcher is only really responsible for if they strike out a batter, walk a batter, give up contact, or give up a home run. Since whether contact turns into hits is not consistent. Other statistics take it a step further and give pitchers credit for what type of contact they give up, like SIERA, since different types of contact produce different offense values.

xFIP is a prediction mechanism for FIP that replaces the HR part with a constant based on league averages and amount of FBs given by the pitcher, since HRs tend to be inconsistent from season to season. xFIP is better for predicting future events and FIP is better at telling you how good a pitcher has been. Both are better at predicting future success than ERA, WHIP, or other traditional pitching statistics.

Right. So any result that winds up in play is ignored by FIP. Strike outs, walks, HBPs, home runs, and innings pitched are all that it takes into account.

For me, it's Tekken

>That far
Where are you talking about? Astros aren't an NL team any longer

Red Sox can finally start trying to win now

Foul balls taken out of the equation?

Here's a friendly reminder that every advanced metric is literally conditions I deem fair tier

>Syndershit is the worst injury of our time according to Mest fans
Just off the top of my head Fielder was worse since he's kill now

Yeah, >implying the Astros get to the WS, the Dodgers would rape them

I still don't understand how they calculate WAR

Yeah, the Dodgers aren't making the Eries either

God bless the Red Sox organization. I'm talking about the organization. Class. Fenway park still going baby, built in 19-fucking-12 the year the titanic sunk. What does our organization do? Knocked down the cathedral way to go, waaay to gooo! Good thinking!

Now when I go to this new plastic replica of a stadium, empty seats behind home plate and all the fucking corporate jerk offs, on the phone, not even watching the fucking game waving to the camera. Good, good decision front office you fucking morons!

We use to go to the ball park and say, "that's where Mickey Mantle homered", "That's where Roger Maris tripled", "That's where Fritz Peterson got a blowjob". But you can't do that anymore! Now you go to this fucking place "ahh that's where Teixeira pulled his left nostril!".

Good for the Red Sox, good for them! I'd like to see the Red Sox and the Cubs! There I said it, I don't give a fuck! Call me whatever the fuck you want, call me an uncle Tim I don't give a fuck because I say what most Yankee fans are thinking

/\ I missed this pasta tbqh

Name one worse recent injury, the only comparable one this season is Bumgarner but a) he is not nearly as good as Syndergaard and b) Giants are a lost cause this season anyway

May the soul of Billy Chapel bless the tiggers

Fielder, can you read?

BORING

>This movie just came out in Guatemala

Who's realistically gonna beat the Dodgers in the playoffs?

The DBacks? (dodgers mentally own the DBags)
The Rockshits? (LOL no pitching)
The Nationals? (who the Dodgers RAPED last year in the playoffs)
The Brewers? (No playoff experience, will get raped)

WHENS MAHVEL

Don't know, but there is a tranny on the SFv stream right now

The Dodgers are going to beat the Dodgers. It's inevitable

BB bb desu

Holy shit dude. Seek help, this is one of the most exciting seasons to be a Yankees fan. Especially after the last five years.

The cute one or the not cute one?

I've never seen this one before, but he isn't passable

it's been real pineda-san. knowing the yanks you're not getting resigned, thanks for *some* good memories you autist

They start by giving Billy Bean some stat sheets and alone time. The amount of times he cums from a player's stats is that player's WAR.

No I can't read. Fielder even in his peak never put up a season as good syndergaard did last year, in his literal sophomore year. A decent 1B falling to injury after he passed his prime and was no longer effective is not even remotely comparable as the no.2 pitcher in baseball losing a whole season to injury.

its probably Ricky then. gllty is kinda cute at times

It's going to be weird when he goes to another team. I wonder if they'll continue the autism memes.

Same with Girardi when he goes to another team. Will they continue with the binder memes?

No, I think his name was Cadence. I know who Ricky is.

>the no.2 pitcher in baseball losing a whole season to injury.
>Syndergaard is the number two pitcher in baseball
>number two
>in baseball
Oh my. Can you please tell me how much lost total WAR he's worth for this season now?

He's the consensus no.2 pitcher in baseball after Kershaw and has the potential to surpass him. I don't know what you're trying to say.

His total war on the season is 1.4, which was the highest number out of any player at the time.

theres three trannies now?

I'm anticipating even more. Kayo Police hasn't played in years, but he has been replaced by a few others...

Consensus 2? I don't fucking think so

>He's the consensus no.2 pitcher in baseball after Kershaw
You're a delusional motherfucker if you actually believe this.

>tfw less than 6 hours until baseball is back

You can't be the 2nd best pitcher in baseball when you've never pitched 200+ innings in a season

1. Kershaw
2. Scherzer

Im sure someone will take a girl to his hotel room not expecting to see a penis.

>He's the consensus no.2 pitcher in baseball after Kershaw
>and has the potential to surpass him.
Mets fans everybody.

Wrong.

1. Kershaw
2. Sale
3. Scherzer

Sale or Scherzer

Eww

Alright which one of yous was this?

That's nice, but most experts do, on account of him putting up the highest FIP and fWAR among non-Kershaw pitchers last season and being only 24 years old.

Total innings don't matter, Syndergaard pitched sufficiently better than Scherzer next season that despite less playing time he added more wins, and he was likely to substantially increase his total output on account of his pristine pitching in his playtime this year and general progress as he ages towards his peak.

Sale has a good season this year, it's true, but he's playing on the edges of projected variation during age 28, the average peak year for players.

Why don't you click FIP twice and see what happens?

I'm sure many guys would go ahead if it was Kayo Police

FIP doesn't mean shit when you're literally unable to pitch. Staying healthy is a skill.

>Consensus
Scherzer, Sale, Keuchel, and Bumgarner are all better than Synderelbow

You can clearly tell that's photoshopped and it's probably an Onion article.....But....
youtube.com/watch?v=I1y7HrD8UpI

Bonchan in losers 30 minutes into EVO

>you will never see a Cubs/White Sox world series
Why even live?

>Why don't you click FIP twice and see what happens?
Even worse.

>among non-Kershaw pitchers
>Total innings don't matter
>highest FIP
>Why don't you click FIP twice

I like to see how things shape up with a new game.

I'm mostly marvel oriented though.

get a time machine to 1917

>Jose Fernandez
God damnit

>Staying healthy is a skill.

A skill on the part of the team training staff, which unfortunately Syndergaard is cursed with having the worst in baseball.

Sale is better this season then Syndergaard was last season, but other than there is really no comparison with those players and Syndergaard, both in terms of pitching stuff and projeced analytics. The only other pitcher vying for the no. 2 spot has literally died. To even bring up Keuchel shows you know very little. Not to mention all of these guys are 4+ years older than Syndergaard.

Haha you're so funny user, you forgot to remove relief pitchers and dead people.

2028 cap this

I didn't forget to remove relief pitchers, you're the one that said innings don't matter.

>Haha you're so funny user, you forgot to remove relief pitchers
What happened to total innings don't matter

STOP

I stopped being a Vikings fan about 2 years ago because purple is a gay color and the only reason I liked them in the first place is because Moss played for them and he was my favorite player in the league. Fuck that shit now though I'm all about those JETS JETS JETS

>total innings pitched don't matter until I deem it an unfair condition

>RAPED
>went to game 5

Because relief pitching is a different position entirely.

And you guys still don't understand, probably because you failed high school math. If Syndergaard pitched at the same level rate-wise as Scherzer, then obviously Scherzer would be better last season, because he pitched more in total. But syndergaard did not pitch at the same level as scherzer he pitched substantially better, and thus had a higher overall WAR total then scherzer did, despite having less innings. Kershaw also did, despite missing time due to injury, because he's much better than scherzer, putting up the same 6.5 fWAR as Syndergaard. Kershaw deserved to win the Cy Young last year statistically.

Obviously relief pitchers don't even compare in terms of total value added.

At this point is it just DG false flagging the Mets as an user? This guy is just so pathetic.

Your failure in logic comes from the fact that you assume that if Syndergaard pitched the same amount of innings as Scherzer, he would keep the pace and never throw any bad innings.

No, you're failure in logic comes from failure to understand basic math.

I'm not saying Syndergaard would be better than Scherzer if they pitched the same total innings, I'm saying Syndergaard had a better season despite pitching less innings. He added more total value than Scherzer did last season, despite pitching less innings, and he was projected to add more value again this season. Please don't respond again unless you grasp the capacity to understand basic statistics.

>the shitty of Leaveland
>prospects
Oh man

>projected

>and he was projected to add more value again this season
Feel free to email me whenever projected value actually means anything

>h-hey maybe if I just greentext and post a funny image I'll be right

Classic leaf.

Feel free to email me when you take a statistics 101 course.

who could jays get for estrada at this point? Low level prospects?

hey Ive actually been to that town

>Donald Trump has hired DC lawyer Ty Cobb

>projected value

This has to be DG falseflagging

>5 man infield