Cuphead

After playing this game for some time, I realized how awesome the music in it is and I have been replaying many of the songs in my head for weeks now. I want to find more music like this, but all I know is that it is jazz and nothing more. I have never listened to jazz before and I have no clue for what subgenre(s) to look for or where to look for it.

My question is, can you any Sup Forumssic experts recommend me some artists, albums, anything that sounds like the music in Cuphead? Or point out what kind of jazz to look for and where? Thanks in advance! If you have any questions regarding my request I will be glad to answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bw-nsHsWots
youtube.com/watch?v=twqM56f_cVo
youtube.com/watch?v=ASR_5R_bjOw
youtube.com/watch?v=B06DwBVi9LA
youtube.com/watch?v=PJt1a6gfknU
youtube.com/watch?v=UMk4DC6BV8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bQjhTJlT1T8&index=1&list=PL9SY63Jz_XqBPMAFVfNLeLO3RGe4GSNPn
youtube.com/watch?v=ufEHeAn3vs8&list=PLTFzQlK7fWk92k5uWP9hepmRcrWdMRG4u&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jazz

That's just "pop" jazz from the 20s and 30s

Trout Mask Replica

Im sure electroswing is youre thing op.

ew

I was wondering the same thing OP shame that the people who could answer our enigma are not here and all we get are edgy memelords

Here's to hoping for some legit answers

>Moosic is good becuz I haddoo lissen to id in da vibeo

Thank you fellow gentle sir I tip to the whilst favouring a good tune.

Yeah, I tried yt and some forums but there is so much jazz and it all sounds different and my ignorant ass is too ignorant to recognize what I am looking for

look up big band music. try some Duke Ellington.

Cuphead sounds very "big band". You'd probably dig Duke Ellington's stuff. Thelonious Monk is great too.

why you gotta be a dick
not op btw just curious

youtube.com/watch?v=bw-nsHsWots

this song, particularly the beat, reminded me of Cuphead when I first heard it, gives off a very cartoonish vibe

just go into any thrift store or place where they sell shitty old records and buy them all

because its literally just jazz. Normies like it because they actually had to listen to it because it was in this game. Fuck 'em.

kys

Thank you anons, I will look into big band music, especially Duke Ellington

this has to be in top 5 most retarded posts I have ever read in my life

get over yourself OP

not even op you just sound like a tremendously pretentious cunt

but to answer op in the game there is mostly big band but also some ragtime if iirc

Theirs some barbershop quartets too

Sounds like you'd just love electro-swing, my fellow sir.
youtube.com/watch?v=twqM56f_cVo

OP, what you want is traditional, or "Hot Jazz." Look into early Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, Frankie Trumbauer, Cab Calloway, and others from the late 20s and early 30s.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASR_5R_bjOw

youtube.com/watch?v=B06DwBVi9LA

youtube.com/watch?v=PJt1a6gfknU

youtube.com/watch?v=UMk4DC6BV8k

I haven't played this game yet, just skipped through the soundtrack now. Most of it is swing and big band, the piano numbers are very reminiscent of ragtime and stride piano even if they don't quite fit the definition 100%, and as you probably already know, the a capella stuff is barbershop.

These sound pretty nice, will check more of "hot jazz", thanks
Alright, gonna add swing, ragtime and stride piano to my research, thank you as well

cuphead has music that actually takes influences from alot of styles of jazz so youre probably better off picking out your favorites from everything between dixieland jazz (1920-1930s) to the best stuff from the 50s and 60s. im sick of people asking for music like cupheads so i finally came up with an answer.

heres 2 playlists from victor and bluebird records

youtube.com/watch?v=bQjhTJlT1T8&index=1&list=PL9SY63Jz_XqBPMAFVfNLeLO3RGe4GSNPn
youtube.com/watch?v=ufEHeAn3vs8&list=PLTFzQlK7fWk92k5uWP9hepmRcrWdMRG4u&index=1