If Floyd loses, is boxing dead forever?

If Floyd loses, is boxing dead forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPLm0kwqM5M
youtube.com/watch?v=vyaWDg2bT9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's hope so

Yes it would be, but he won't lose

>If it starts raining cats and dogs, is boxing dead forever?

It already is

It's in a better place than its been for years you casuals need to fuck off

you can't kill a martial art because 1 meme fight

>Needing the meme-fighter of a rival sport to be a bit relevant again
Sad

>Top UFC fighter challenges a guy that is retired and not even active in his Divison as if he did challenge any of the top guys in that current division he'd be out in less than 3 rounds

Really, really sad

yes.

It's huge with hispanics, but that's about it. White fans have moved on.

Just cos all Yank fighters are shit doesn't mean boxing is dead

Hopefully we get McGregor v Tyson Fury in a Caravan Park No Holds Barred scrap

>The greedy mma joker convinces the biggest boxing star in the world to fix a WWE match for money and the boxing fans swallow the load happy that their sport's going to last one month longer

Depressing

betting on me mums life he won't

Not happy at all at this shit just wish all the casuals would leave so we can get back to talking about Boxing again

Shouldn't you be on a Matador / Bull Running Forum m80, get fucked

anyone else tired of all press conference spectacle crap

seems more like the wwe than fighting

No joke, it's mostly drunk brits an australians that get fucked running the bulls.

it's funny because despite all the hype mayweather will win it using defensive boxing and it will be a "boring" fight

Boxing would die if Conor kicks him

I can imagine it is

true.

Most of us hate bullfights and animal cruelty.
Castilla y León is fucked up tho. Even the "leftists" love capeas and shit

Even if Conor wins.. he is fighting a 40 year old boxer past his prime yet he's going to act like he's the greatest boxer in the world after defeating him. It seems like the whole fucking world is opening to fulfill this guy's desires. By a stroke of good Irish luck, Eddie managed to catch dos Anjos with a lucky shot becoming the easiest lightweight champion in the division's history whom anyone could beat. He didn't beat Ferguson to become champion.. he didn't beat Khabib to become champion.. he beat Eddie fucking Alvarez. Just amazing. Maybe the Secret really works? Your thoughts do become reality? How else could you explain this good luck?

>If Floyd loses, is boxing dead forever?
It's so unlikely you have no reason to contemplate it. Go on with your day.

Alternatively if McGregor gets stopped by a 40 year old with a peanut head is UFC dead forever?

No, because it's a boxing match.

Wishful thinking. Getting stopped by a man with 'brittle bones' is a nuclear meme

Best boxer in history letting a 0-0 go12 rounds would be embarrassing

If Floyd loses it either means:
1. That it was fixed
2. That boxing is a complete goof of a sport
So yeah i guess it would adversely effect the sport. But you could have said the same about the Toney vs Couture fight.

>if Floyd loses
Stopped reading there.

if he loses there will be a rematch, and it will be even more hype

Would be insane if it happened. The only way I see it happening is because Conor is a child of destiny and it seems to work for him. Maybe Floyd aged a lot in 2 years. Maybe his hands are crippled. But I'm not deluding myself. I fully expect Conor to be jabbed all night long trying to land a haymaker that 49 guys couldn't do

>If Floyd loses, is boxing dead forever?

he can't its boxing rules and therefore rigged. Its media stunt for the usa

McGregor is great guy but this is lets get the yank black to kill the Irish 'racist; live on tv. That's all McGregor is doing it for his family, thing is I thing they will kill him live.

Its a travesty and a joke a sick stunt and could be actual murder to play to a pretty sick us media

t. Irish bareknuckle fighter in the early 90s I have never met McGregor but I know travellers and have had fights with them. The man is doing it for his family. I fucking hate this 'event'

>nuclear meme
Take a break from Sup Forums lad.

Well you do know they can't actually fight until August 26th you dumbass.

90% of america is mma fanboys, almost everyone media included will want a conor win

ufc is fucking rigged otherwise there would be deaths. so is boxing in the matching. its all shit for the bookies and promoters to print money off. most bareknuckle is rigged too. fuck the people who watch this. I think they are going to kill McGregor live and not pay out

I don't think so, you can't really replace boxing, two men going toe to toe, it's much more aggressive in most cases. MMA is alright and all but it puts me off, and I assume a lot of other people too, when MMA fights end up going to the ground and spooning each other for most of the fight.

what was your best victories? biggest fights?
just curious.

this is a shitshow still have respect for McGregor he's a showman and a great character. ufc is a crock of shit you don't get to fir men allowed to use elbows to the temple without regular deaths its about as 'real' as wwf and boxing is not much better for decades

the bigger viewer base is in the usa so Hollywood shit old black guy kills white 'racist'

fucking awful

Pack up and go Karate Kid he's done for

did you not like the mcgregor-diaz fights? they seemed raw

don't nobody in this country want to see that coon win except jews and other coons

>Best boxer in history
best defensive boxer*
ftfy

>what was your best victories? biggest fights?just curious.

Honest it wasa shameful part of life and I just need the money. Its all rigged to protect the bookies working the clubs (its usually in nightclub basements). Traveller John post some bareknuckle stuff on youtube that is not rigged. That's a separate culture the traveller culture. You belt each other about until there is enough blood and then drop your left and take a drop or floor the other guy. The bookies stand on all four side so you know who is to drop then they have made their book.

The only way Conor wins this is by getting in Floyds head so much that he forgets how to defend. First part of that plan is done, next is constantly talking during the match and getting in his face after rounds.

>did you not like the mcgregor-diaz fights? they seemed raw

They are good at their job. Listen if you have two fit men allowed use an elbow to the temple and were fighting to win there would need to be a coffin waiting

If this post ends in 1, 3, 5 or 8 I fuck that whore. If it ends in 2, 4, 6, 7 or 9 I do the shiggy diggy dance and go to sleep.

He' a great guy but he's not a boxer, this is a travesty it up front blatant rigging. Ever his floorwork is hammered in not to be boxing he'll not unlearn that

This is going to be like Rocky 5?

i get what your saying, but nobody wants to watch some tyson style ear chewing contest

this

>boxing
>not more rigged than wwe
>not more rigged than divegrass

Mayweather will win

>90s bareknuckle boxer
>posts on a curtain enthusiasts image board
wew

odds are prob better on that than him winning

>i get what your saying, but nobody wants to watch some tyson style ear chewing contest

I think this is a sick enough shitfest they may murder him in the ring. He's a big heart on him to do this for his family but I don't think they'll get the money. Its a pissy show where the 'good' black guy kills the 'bad' irish 'racist' may as well be scripted was not surprised to see McGregor dropping lots of monkey reference as part of his contract as the bad guy. Its a fucking shite show for the us home audience and usual US Hollywood bollocks.

I placed a bet on Connor winning in round 4 for 10 bucks. 41:1 to 1 odds. I know it's very unlikely but is it 41 to 1 unlikely? I could place a few more bets. Next one I'm thinking is for Mayweather win on points for 2.5 to 1.

>pillowhug

>Mayweather will win

youtube.com/watch?v=GPLm0kwqM5M
Why did you mention the secret? Does he reference visualization somewhere else?

s bareknuckle boxer>posts on a curtain enthusiasts image boardwew

found it on a search. what am I not allowed in your special club house? I was not boxing here I boxed in north England merseyside and mancs

>conor doing anything but gassing early

it's like you guys haven't watched his fights

A fighter died in Dublin a few months back, you retarded tinfoil cunt

Can pussyjab and manhump get fucked off to /asp/? This is more carny and pathetic than WWE at this point.

oh ok. I have seen the traveller Johns channel.

Dat hivemind

You're going into conspiracy territory. He'll get paid 10 times what he earned in the UFC, it's the UFC that fucked him taking a third of it. He will get badly out classed but he's big enough to survive Mayweather without serious damage.

Conor wins within 4. Mayweather is old and slow and never met anyone with the punching power Conor has

>A fighter died in Dublin a few months back, you retarded tinfoil cunt

fucking idiot you think that you can't drop someone with a elbow to the chest too? they be burying them next the ring if to fit men went in with those rules. So some prick fucked up so what? all that ufc stuff is shite its a show that all boxing is just rigged different

Fuck out of here, you lying faggot.

I told you to fuck off already. Nobody is buying your shit, you spastic conspiracy fucking idiot.

>Fuck out of here, you lying faggot
sad little prick is this your special place

fine I'll leave ye to it but your only a fucking soft prick that would not last 5 minutes with a good knacker

I stay away from knackers. They can't go 5 minutes without robbing something.

If Mayweather loses, I'm gonna go into a bunch of boxing gyms and beat the shit out of those pussies.

because this "fight" is occuring

boxing is dead

long live boxing

Yes, but it will evolve into ice boxing, because hell would've have frozen over.

yes its beyong 41 unlikely. In this case you (almost) have the full sample. All Floyds fights since 18th was championship fights with people who were all more likely to ko Flpyd than Connor and non did it. That's 43 fights. And most of his pre championship fights was decent . They weren't feeding him bums since he was a great amateur and was ready and talented.
Add to that that he only have had one official knock down plus one not called against Zab Judah were his glove touched the canvas. So it's not like you can say it's only a matter of time. Finally you should remeber that conors last two ko's was counters against oponents moving aggressively foward. That isn't happening against Floyd.

And if he wins back to anime and eating quavers?

Suck a big black cock in Mayweather's honour.

this is literally embarassing for mayweather

PURE CRINGE

youtube.com/watch?v=vyaWDg2bT9g

If Conor wins boxing dies, Conor becomes a legend, and UFC takes over combat sports.

If Conor loses, nobody will be surprised. He'll just go back to the UFC. Boxing will live on.

lol they are kissing.

>If Conor loses, nobody will be surprised. He'll just go back to the UFC. Boxing will live on.

Brock gone.
GSP gone.
...Conor is the only star MMA has. And if he loses to a 50-year-old retired boxer, he's lost his star power, and MMA will look like a thrid tier sport and won't recover.

Don't get me wrong, I like MMA a lot more than boxing, but boxing is a lot mor epopular and more healthy than MMA. MMA merch sales are falling apparently, and if that's true PPV's will start to slide, too.
If Conor wins, people will want to see him fight in the UFC afterward.
If he loses, people just shrug and say, "MMA is shite. Told you so."

Similar to how Conor beat Aldo and never gave him the chance of a rematch

>Your thoughts do become reality?
Basically, yes.

I'm deep into spiritual stuff and this guy does everything by the playbook.

yes

>Conor stands 0 chance, Floyd is the greatest defensive boxer of all time
>Conor only stands a punchers chance
>Conor is younger, bigger and stronger but still most likely will lose
>Conor will win only because Floyd's an old bum who can't read, if he fought a real Boxer he'd lose
/box/ cucks on pooicide watch
this is the end of your shitty """"""""""sport""""""""""

>Muh luck
Kys.

wtf
this saliva slurping sport isn't for me

>giving a shit about anything but heavyweight
lmao

>no legend

?

Boxing will never die you retards. It's the most global sport in the world with the deepest history and a whole mini-mythology developed around it. Just think how frequently boxing metaphors and analogies are used in other sports. Boxing is a pillar of Western pop culture

It's already dead m8, this is just it's death spasms

boxing is already dead

a crossover memefight is going to net MULTIPLE times more viewership and sales than the fight of the decade (ggg-canelo).

mma is about a hundred times more exciting to watch, too.

the fight of the decade was klitschko - joshua lol

get outta here with these lightweights

>klitschko

stopped reading there

Is boxing still alive?

>a crossover memefight is going to net MULTIPLE times more viewership and sales than the fight of the decade (ggg-canelo).

Just like MCU movies sell more tickets than quality cinema. Mayweather vs McGregor is just some WWE shit aimed square at the lowest common denominator. It has no relation to the actual sport of boxing. If Golovkin vs Canelo does more than 1m buys then it will have been a success. After all, the only UFC fighters who can sell that much are McGregor himself and memes like Rousey and Lesnar

It was literally a better fight than any MMA fight ever. A higher level of skill and athleticism and even more drama