METAL

Preferably some good black meta or death metall, of any kind.
If you wanna talk about metal more check out my discord server. discord.gg/2jY3S3c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=delsU1K-wh8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_bETM7gTA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLArAJlC1y558ez3ZEsT4eCcV7R2nM-owm
youtube.com/watch?v=CjSfvFWjhLI
youtube.com/watch?v=MlPxdNEoq-E
youtube.com/watch?v=QYNcrNEvSAA
youtube.com/watch?v=JZRnJx22r-M
youtube.com/watch?v=Wxyx09749M4
youtube.com/watch?v=UcLFjeEvH60
youtu.be/Jmlhq5rtFXw?t=1244
youtu.be/pBQ7hFjNp9A?t=350
youtube.com/watch?v=vJ96iVbA_No
youtube.com/watch?v=36YumVOT5BA
youtube.com/watch?v=f4bhGn13VDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yW71z1M9CK0
youtube.com/watch?v=6YedXRq3Pbo
youtube.com/watch?v=PtniJpPw4Z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally my desktop background, I love it so much, such a badass album cover.

Classic that basically is the most important album in black metal history

Debatably first death metal album ever. Still great.

Hidden gem, basically one of the best of DSBM, of which I really don't like usually, And End... Between the Light and Lies, deserves more recognition, only album before the artist killed himself.

obligatory varg picture.

To bad he killed himself, Between Light and Lies was really good. Check out Wehmut if you want some more DSBM in the same vein.

youtube.com/watch?v=delsU1K-wh8

Let me put your taste to the test. Name 5 black metal bands you'd consider your favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_bETM7gTA
The fucking intro makes me cum everytime.

Burzum
Grausamkeit
Mayhem
Peste Noire
Leichenzug

Always nice to see Mayhem in fav lists. Fuck German black metal, but cool that you know Grausamkeit. Regarding French stuff, how do you like LLN?

Darkthrone
Burzum
Celtic Frost
Enslaved
Immortal
btw OP here

I know it's all pretty generic, but I've listened to other bands of course, these just remain my favourites.

Pretty okay and generic list.

I see. Did you give Abbath's solo album a listen?

I could replace Darkthrone honestly. Their biggest problem is their music doesn't have any real meaning to it, it's just "Hey Badass Lyrics"

give link brother!

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLArAJlC1y558ez3ZEsT4eCcV7R2nM-owm

What are your favorites?

Burzum
Evilfeast
Moonblood
Blasphemy
Bilskirnir

>Fuck German black metal

Why?

Negative Plane
Absu
Obsequiae
Volahn
Torture Chain

>What are your favorites?
They keep changing, but my all time would probably have to be Mayhem, Darkthrone, Abruptum, Venom and Sodom. Throw Emperor and Dissection in there too.
>Why?
It's absolutely full of posers.

Burzum
Velnezers
Black Funeral
Bathory
Mayhem
(no order)

Enslaved
Summoning
Arcturus
Mayhem
Emperor

youtube.com/watch?v=CjSfvFWjhLI

youtube.com/watch?v=MlPxdNEoq-E

youtube.com/watch?v=QYNcrNEvSAA

This is what I like user

Furia
Veles
Dark Fury
Sigh
Sombres Forêts

What's your AOTY?

Heard this celtic-punkthröne worship on Radio Fenriz today. The riff at 1:14 must've been stolen straight from the Shitlickers, there's simply no other explanation.
youtube.com/watch?v=JZRnJx22r-M

Dissection
Mgla
Batushka
Wolves in the throne room
Inquisition
Not really into black metal.

Have you tried Liturgy?

They have the best collection of intros of any band

It's definitely a hallmark in the genre, but I wouldn't say it's the most important. I'd say Bathory or Venom's debut is a bit more important in black metal history(Although Venom's status as black metal is argued about a lot)

Opinions on VVORLDVVITHOUTEND?
youtube.com/watch?v=Wxyx09749M4
Monotheist was a really solid final album. Possibly my favorite Celtic Frost album.
What's your favorite track?
Mine's Maze of Torment.
Not Bathory - S/T?
That's not Possessed - Seven Churches!

Demoncy
Grausamkeit
Absu
Ildjarn
Taake
So cool to see love for Grausamkeit on here!

Wouldn't say it's the most important for black metal alone or solely for death metal, but if we are taking about them together, as far as extreme metal goes, then definitely. OUUGGHH

seven churches is proto death, is the first definitive album of the genre.

Too pumped on this shit not to rec at the mome

Belenos
Antaeus
Inferno Requiem
Darkestrah
Bone Ritual

Undoubtedly cool except for Black Funeral, I despise USBM.
Neat list, nothing to complain about. Awesome to see Arcturus included.
Inquisition and WITTR aren't cool, the rest is ok.
How can you like Taake? He's so fucking generic. Did you check his last album out? I reviewed it rather negatively on the Metal Archives.
I had barely heard of these bands except for a couple.

I replied to all of you, I just don't reply with my trip on.
What did you think of the latest Nargaroth? I reviewed it on the Metal Archives.

Nokturnal Mortum
Abigor
Summoning
Windir
Dissection
Bathory

Good to see Bathory and Dissection always, and nice that you included Nokturnal Mortum too, they're good, the best from Ukraine undoubtedly. I don't really care about the rest. Why the particular love for Austria?

Black metal is boring. Literally the same riff repeated for 5mins straight

Absu is great, Tara is one of my favorite black metal albums, not pure black but still golden

More like Tetragrammacide?

youtube.com/watch?v=UcLFjeEvH60

Iron Bonehead vs Dark Descent

Which is the best label in extreme metal right now?

>Dark Fortress
>Vassafor
>Pseudogod
>Beherit
>Svartidaudi

I still like most of the second wave stuff but I've burnt myself out a lot on it. Only just got into Beherit about a year or so ago, and if you add Tetragrammacide, Archgoat and Blasphemy these are what I'm listening to most of the time.

I know I am taking the bait, but here you go user.

youtu.be/Jmlhq5rtFXw?t=1244

youtu.be/pBQ7hFjNp9A?t=350

youtube.com/watch?v=vJ96iVbA_No

youtube.com/watch?v=36YumVOT5BA

I know you are going to shit yourselves, but celtic frost isnt black metal but pure trash metal. Also its extremly overrated

all black metal is footnotes to Motorhead not Frost

there's already a /meal/ thread up

Good to see Iceland and Russia represented. You seem to be into black/death, check out Sadistik Exekution.
Wrong. Celtic Frost is thrash/death/black metal (early), gothic/doom Metal (later).

And New Zealand, the scene there and Australia has a lot going on.

Listening to the sampler I got with my iron bonehead order, and then yeah I'll give them a go. Nothing much on there I didn't already know that I liked besides Sacrocurse.

Im not going to argue with you about the genre since that would be useless, but know that MA is not allways right, and try to think for yourself. I have listened to enough black and trash metal to know the difference.

Monotheist is a good album. But even if Celtic Frost was a huge influence for black metal, they are not a black metal band.

The Metal Archives standards are undoubtedly the most correct, and I'm interested in going by them as I'm a reviewer on the site.

yeah, while I don't agree with every band not/included on the archives, it's definitely the best source on metal going.

I wouldn't say frost were a black metal band, but a proto black metal band for sure.

>t. brainlet

all thrash comes from Motörhead, so obviously black and death metal do too

I haven't listened to black metal but I discovered Burzum through our dear Varg.
Are there any songs from other bands that are similiar to Det som engang var, Dunkelheit or Jesu Dod?
I tried to click around randomly on other groups but it's just not the same.
Most have kind of lame vocals where in my head they try to seem hardcore or dark or whatever. I more enjoy the pure desperation in Burzum songs.

If it's "pure desperation" you're after, listen to Silencer's Death - Pierce Me in a pitch black closed complete silent room with headphones, alone, and be ready to want to end your life after you go out of the room. If you want something more lighthearted that's similar to Burzum give Drudkh or Forgotten Woods a spin instead.

Celtic Frost are better than 90% of black metal anyway, step up nigga

By pure desperation do you mean the vocals, or just the general depressive atmosphere of those songs? Either way, there is no band that is as good as Burzum. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filsofem are some of the best black metal there is. But there are lots of bands that try to do similar things to what Varg did, and some are good.

Evilfeast is really similar to early Burzum, but he uses synths a lot more with his black metal which makes it sound much colder.
>youtube.com/watch?v=f4bhGn13VDQ

Wigrid is a bit more depressive than Burzum. Hoffnungstod is really similar to the first Burzum album.
>youtube.com/watch?v=yW71z1M9CK0

Also you might as well check out Xasthur. People who get into black metal through Burzum usually end up liking it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=6YedXRq3Pbo

>celtic frost
>black metal

>Bathory's debut
The Return is far more important, it was the first second wave album.

Thank you both. Now I have something to do for a while.
I mean the desperation in the vocals but of course the atmosphere also does it. Also that it sounds real and not just an image or show. It's like a pure expression instead of something constructed.

Check out Black Twilight Circle bands if you're all about anguish, depression and darkness. Might take a look at Abigor up to Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan, Weakling, maybe Arckanum, Spectral Lore, Nychts, Darkspace, Mare Cognitum, Necromantia and Gorgoroth's Pentagram, Hat's fucking terrific and is one of the best bm vocalists there is. Also, if you dig Burzum, try Nocternity.

>Velnezers

not only a great album cover, it's also one of death metal's greatest albuns

metal general is cancer fuck off

Oh, you, always wonder around like a tourist should.

Beats actively posting in metal general

Peste Noire
Diapsiquir
Revenge
The Ruins of Beverast
Spear of Longinus

a pretty good bosnian underground black metal band
youtube.com/watch?v=PtniJpPw4Z0

>dream theater is shit
nice name

I don't and will never get the fascination this board has for Peste Noire.

Famine's earlier work is raw and visceral, but I didn't like KPN's latest release and don't give a shit about his views.

Celtic Frost to me is strange in that it doesn't fall into black metal or death metal or thrash metal. Frost exemplifies the umbrella term of "Extreme Metal". Nothing about To Mega Therion screams "thrash metal", but none of it screams death or black metal either