Classic

>the checks all bounced
>I came in your mouth
What did they mean by this?

It’s very good. Not top 3 ween but that’s because ween is the best.

>God-tier tracks:
The Argus
Transdermal Celebration
Alcan Road
Among His Tribe
Zoloft
Tried & True

Devin Townsend's cover of Transdermal Celebration is one of the few covers I almost like more than the original.

Forgot happy colored marbles, i dont want it, if you could save yourself (youd save us all)

Last part of Happy Colored Marbles is a bit intense. (First time I heard it on LSD... yeah)
The other 2 yes...

The end of among his tribe does the same thing for me. Freaks me out if i fall asleep and its playing when i wake up

No Chocolate Town? That’s the best song on the whole album

Yeah although I kind of love it. Unsettling but beautiful.

top 3 ween

1. Quebec
2. Chocolate and Cheese
3. Mollusk

Yep. Good order too. Pure Guava and The Pod right after, followed by White Pepper and GodWeenSatan, 12CGC

I like it. Not my fav though

Correct order

Mollusk
Quebec
Chocolate and cheese
Guava
Pod
White pepper
12 golden
God ween satan
Shinola
La cucaracha

Move White Pepper infront of Guava, Put God Ween Satan infront of 12 Golden and I agree.

Objective power ranking coming through, move aside
Quebec
The Pod
Chocolate and Cheese
The Mollusk
Pure Guava
12 Golden Greats
GodWeenSatan
Shinola
La Cucaracha

Fuck I forgot White Pepper, put it before GWS prolly

CORRECT RANKING:

MOLLUSK > QUEBEC > WHITE PEPPER > CHOCOLATE AND CHEESE > PURE GUAVA > 12 GOLDEN COUNTRY GREATS > GODWEENSATAN > SHINOLA > LA CUCARACHA

>Quebec not on top
>doesn’t even r8 the Pod
>opinion is so bad he has to shout
Disregarded t b h

As long as the mollusk is first and quebec is second thats all that really matters

But mollusk is GOAT

Idk how you can listen to ween’s whole discog and still consider the Mollusk to be their best. Sure, it’s a fantastic album, but when compared to stuff like Quebec and CaC or even their earlier work it just sounds so bland now. Granted, it was the album that got me into them and I’ve heard it to death now so that’s probably a big factor, but still I see this opinion in ween threads that you have to accept the Mollusk as the undisputed best just cuz it’s their most acclaimed, and it kinda pisses me off

>God-tier
The Argus
Tried and True
Transdermal Celebration

>Great-tier
Alcan Road
Zoloft
Among his Tribe
So Many People in the Neighborhood
The Fucked Jam
Captain
Hey There Fancypants

>Good-tier
Happy Coloured Marbles
Chocolate Town

>Decent-Tier
I Don't Want It

>Bad-Tier
If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save Us All)

>if you could save yourself
>bad tier
explain yourself user

I'd put The Mollusk as their best because it's incredibly focused, spreads itself across a lot of genres while doing legitimately interesting things with those styles, and every song is written with the brevity and emotion of The Beatles at their height. Chocolate and Cheese never did much for me. Half the songs feel like filler that don't do much interesting beyond the implementation of its initial idea and the pastiche that made them want to do that to begin with. "Drifter in the Dark" and "HIV Song" are pretty fucking bland and not worth listening to more than a couple of times. Even the worst tracks on The Mollusk (probably "Pink Eye") inspire something in me that makes me return consistently.

Mollusk>GodWeenSatan>Pod>Quebec>White Pepper>Chocolate Cheese=Pure Guava>La Cacuracha

12 Country Greats is too weird to place in the discography.

I’ll admit I dig the consistent nautical theme, it gives the album a more tight and focused vibe than a lot of their others but idk how you can say that every track on the Mollusk is written with the emotion of a Beatles song and then say that Drifter in the Dark is bland and forgettable. Every ween album has goofy throwaway songs so it seems like you’re overlooking some but not others. Also why put GWS so high? I’m a fan of their more lofi “brown” stuff but that one is just a task to listen to at times and not really comparable to their better work imo

The Mollusk is fucking incredible. It's the one album I can put on and have it sound legitimately amazing. The songwriting, the production, the art, its' all good. It's easily their masterpiece. The only other Ween albums that come close are White Pepper and Quebec, maybe The Pod. GodWeenSatan is good too but too much filler, same with Guava. Chocolate and Cheese is good but a bit bland at times.

Quebec is a shit album.

You have a shit opinion. Literally one of their best. The artwork, sonwriting, the demos, the tracklist, it's fucking incredible. You really need to listen again

Assuming you’re not just lazily baiting, care to explain your stupid opinion?

The Mollusk > The Pod > Pure Guava > Chocolate & Cheese > 12 GCG > GWS > Quebec > White Pepper > La Cucaracha

You people have no idea how to rank Ween albums.

You could have made many better albums from the Caesar demos than how Quebec was finalized.

True I wish they made Quebec a bigger album, Caesar is so good. Linda and That Man From That Flatland... so good.

"Drifter in the Dark" is just lame country facsimile that pales in comparison to almost every other country-type song they've done in their career. I didn't say it's forgettable, it's actually the opposite in the sense that while the melody and vocal harmony sticks with me it feels undercooked and lacking some strong emotion or point to it. Everything on The Mollusk comes at that from the opposite perspective. They all tell stories, or transform the basic concept of the basic thing they're doing with strong style ("Mutilated Lips" is a simplistic word salad song making fun of prog rock lyricism, which on its own would be kind of boring; but between the use of reverb, reversed vocals and sound, sharp contrast between the segments, and how those things tie in with the album on the whole, it manages to become something far more engaging and interesting than just being a prog rock pisstake. I don't think any song on The Mollusk is a throwaway.

Also I like GodWeenSatan because it's immense, aggressive, and just packed with a bunch of concise novelty songs. Deaner has described it as a compilation album, and that's how it feels. I'm never bored once listening to it and I feel like I'm exposed to extreme ends of what interest Ween while at the same time they bring an energy and bluntness that keeps their approach to genre on that album from being bland. It's more amateur than their genre-hopping on Chocolate and Cheese, but more forceful and sincere. That sharp contrast between "Bumblebee" and "Don't Laugh (I Love You)" is one of my favourite moments in their discography, and the album has lots of moments like that.

I think Drifter in the Dark is alright, maybe a little less passion in that one than others but it's still catchy. I like the idea of it.

As for Mollusk, you make a fair point. Btw, everything ween does isn't a "style" parody though. Mutilated Lips was based on an acid trip. The lyrics are very psychedelic, the song just sounds like LSD. But you can argue maybe it's silly in some ways.

"Mutilated Lips" has always come off as them exaggerating in a very specific way. I didn't realise it was based off of an acid trip. Like, "Buckingham Green" is this seemingly portentous song about some tragedy, but it's literally some nonsense song about a shopping mall that they wrote in 1992. I guess that's why I had that impression about "Mutilated Lips" and its lyrics.

I really dont think you can rank Ween albums together. Their really brown albums like GWS Pure Guava and The Pod are in a totally different realm then Quebec or Chocolate and Cheese (although they have their brown elements). What I'm saying is Pure Guava and White Pepper are apples and oranges

Are comfy, polite ween threads like this literally the only reason to visit Sup Forums these days? This board just feels so underage and retarded otherwise that I’m really feeling less and less inclined to keep checking this place

To be fair, GWS isn't that "brown", exactly. It's just slightly more lo-fi and weird than Chocolate and Cheese. The Pod and Pure Guava are brown as fuck though. I hear you when you say comparing those to White Pepper, which is just filled to the brim with normie rock, is on the wrong side.

I feel you, dude. Thats' why I dont come as much.

Quebec is so damn good

I remember the good old days when I wasn't embarrassed by being introduced to Ween through SpongeBob. That is until it just had to become a sodding meme where I couldn't enjoy even the dopey sunken pop sound of Ocean Man

On the subject of this album I don't understand why people shit relentlessly on If You Could Save Yourself. Sure the composition is a little uninspired but the passion behind the performance more than compensates

i understand enjoying quebec because i do too but if you genuinely believe thats its better than any of their 90s output you have no clue what your talking about and haven't listen to the other albums enough to form an actual opinion on their discography

this guy gets it and while i don't agree with his other rankings quebec is properly placed

I love their older work as much as the next guy but the truth is that Quebec is a masterpiece on another level. Nothing tops it

literally no songs on this album are below great-tier.

the only "bad-tier" off quebec is the fucked jam because it's just a meme loop. I don't want it is a great-tier at least and happe coloured marbles and chocolate town too

God damnit, I fucking love drifter in the dark. I think it's hard to hate on any of Ween's song because they've all had their spots in my life.

the mollusk is their best, gene and dean themselves said that

Most of their work tops it.

I think you need to listen to Quebec again. Maybe get your ears checked while you're at it

The vocals are fucking great, the music itself is super generic and dull that it sucks loads of Gene's emotion out of the song for me. I get why people like it, I just can't enjoy it.

It's not that it's not great, but it's such a dark and depressing album I can't put it on very often. Thank God Gener's doing well these days, shine on you crazy fuck

THIS ALBUM IS SHIT AND I HATE HOW IT ALWAYS GET DISCUSSED HERE FUCK YOU GUYS