Based god Viggo Mortensen

Explain this to me Sup Forums.

How come a fucking Danish speaks a perfect Spanish in a film nobody remembers when this fat Portuguese fuck from Narcos Wagner Moura couldn't do it if his life depended on it, despite being the main character of a show normies love?

Viggo actually learned Tolkien Elvish for his role in Aragorn. You can see this in his conversation with other elves where unlike them he actually seemed to understand when he's saying in Elvish.

Spanish was a walk in the park for him.

Based Mr Mortensen!

Because he lived in Argentina as a child. It's very different from learning as an adult.

is this a good film? looking for something to watch, it has pretty meh reviews

We'll never get Vego to play Roland in a Dark Tower Trilogy. Feels bad...

>Late recast brought in during filming
>Never read Lord of the Rings
>Took the role because of his son
>Became more intimate with the lore and character than P.J.

is Viggo the most humble actor in the history of industry?

Explains a lot.

I'm watching it right now because I'm trying to better my Spanish, it's a good flick, costumes are great, they know how to use close-up shots for realism, and the rapier-musket action scenes are good. Obviously Mortensen makes it very entertaining.

>Learned to speak elvish.
>Maintained and cleaned his own costumes.
>Always wielded real (if blunted) swords instead of lighter props.
>Didn't need the sword instructor because he's already a master swordsman.

How can a man be so based?

Instead we'll get a nigger.
jdimsa

>it has pretty meh reviews
That's weird. It's more than OK, comfy TV movie tier. Might be time to stop listening to reviews user.

Why didn't they just hire a spanish-speaking actor?

It sounds even more weird when everybody around Pablo speaks a normal spanish, while his charisma as a MC/drug lord suffers a lot from it.

Wagner Moura is actually brazilian you dumbfuck uncultured amerilard

I guess it's because he's a well known actor, since Tropa de Elite is a pretty popular film, but yes, as a native spanish speaker, it shows how shitty his accent is.

And what do Brazilians speak?

>actor
>musician
>photographer
>painter

How can other actors even compete?

It's a bad shot and he always had that weird smile. Like here , he just looked better because of the long hair + Aragorn beard. He just got grey and a bit more bloated with age, a decent haircut and he'd certainly look better than you. Definitely not a candidate for the JUSTice League

>Why didn't they just hire a spanish-speaking actor?

Perhaps his talent and star power had to do with it.

Movie still kind of sucked.

Fuck you m8 I'm French and I won't have you call me a Burger for a using language over country of origin in a thread about language.

They can't.

Yeah it was cool.

Based Viggo is based like that, I'm hoping he at least gets an Oscar nomination for Captain Fantastic

Literally XVIIth century kino

He lived in argieland in his childhood, he actually sounds like some guy that never leave the country when he speaks spanish, as an argie myself it's bizarre watch Aragorn speaking with the same accent than me. He also filmed "Jauja" a few km from here.

Wasnt he half-spic?

It could have been cooler.

While you natives are hear,

Tell me about good spanish-speaking films I could watch after Alatriste, trying to better my Spanish for a job next year.

>trying to better my Spanish for a job next year.

In Spain?

El Secreto de sus ojos is a must. Also try any Almodovar kino

El Laberinto del Fauno
El Espinazo del Diablo
Relatos Salvajes
Todos tenemos un plan (also with Viggo)
"Rec" if you like horror
La piel que habito
El secreto de sus ojos
Diarios de motocicleta

Yes, but I know dialects are a mess and I can't tell where I'm gonna be affected so anything will do I guess.

Sounds obvious yes. Thanks.

Thanks a ton for that list user. May a vagina find its way to you before we all get drafted in WW3.

I don't watch Narcos, is his Spanish as bad as this guy's?

Viggo takes himself way too seriously, not sure why Sup Forums has such a raging boner for him.

And his was miscast as Aragorn too.

Not that bad, only with brazilian accent.

His Spanish is slow as fuck.

Which makes it automatically bad.