>Has Amy Adams in it

Yeah probably.

It sucked.

ok should I see it or not

it starts in 26 minutes

but there's another showing at like midnight

google reviews said it doesn't have stadium seating

I'm not sure it will be worth it

Just watched it. Was a great movie. I'm a huge Jake fan tho. Amy killed it too.

So what's up with the ending? She just got stood up? Was he rubbing it in her face? Did the story really even exist or was she tripping, dreaming it?

It wasn't that deep I think. It was literally a double movie about revenge. The only thing that threw me off was Susan calling her daughter, I didn't quite grasp if that was real and I really didn't understand the whole "REVENGE" picture on the wall.

I know what I watched I really enjoyed, maybe it was deep fuck if I know. Everything in Red just seemed to be an unforgivable scenario or something that wasn't real.

amy adams' face has no edges like it was carved from soft cheese, it's really offputting

He killed himself irl like how he did in the story

wtf he killed himself in the story? how the fuck i missed that?
he shoots at the sky for help, then falls to the ground and just dies there.
that's what i saw.

>amy adams
>kino
pick one and only one reddit

That's what I'm trying to figure out, why would he kill himself? I took it as he wants nothing to do with her. The best revenge is indifference, him dying in the book was him leaving his old life behind and moving on, while she if left with the miserable life she made for herself and now she is alone and miserable, just like her mother

Almost as if the book was sticking it to her, the death of his wife and daughter was him losing (Amy) and his unborn child, he's proving to her that he isn't weak by making a hit story, he sends it to her to rub it in her face, and baits her on because he knows she's a cheater, so when she finally responds, he knows she would just cheat on her new husband because that's the kind of shitty person he is, and he stands her up, as one final showing of how little she means to him

tom ford apparently said it's up to the viewer if he didn't show to be a dick/"get revenge"* or bc he's still in love with her and couldn't face her
*but this would make more sense if she hadn't said she tried to reach out to him a few years ago, she already expressed interest in catching up so hadn't he already won back then?

idk the movie wants us to judge amy adam's character I think? when really all she did was get herself in a marriage she was too young for when it wasn't comparable and he was a baby who couldn't take her trying to have a career and who actually critiqued his work when that's what he asked her to do, he wanted her to be his little wife who was also an artist when that's not what she really wanted or was in her personality/abilities

I'm not gay or anything but Armie Hammer is fucking perfect.

Seriously, the dude is beautiful.

But yeah 8/10, top lel at Amy Adams getting stood up at the end.

she's maybe miserable, but that has more to do with her shitty husband
if anything maybe this incident is going to a. make her spend more time with her daughter (not that it indicated she wasn't? idk) b. leave her husband who she probably knows has been cheating on her for forever, find someone with any human warmth she can be a person with c. start representing art she has more faith in so she'll be happier in her work life

*compatible not comparable

idk, maybe she would have wanted to start an affair with him right there, but she knows her husband cheats on her and doesn't give a shit about her so it isn't that indicative she's a shitty person if she cheated on him
also I forget if there was anything showing she was sleeping with armie hammer before she dumped her husband, I think when he shows up outside their car they had already broken up

the only thing is she says that arnie should know that jake is a writer because he was writing when they first hooked up* when she was still married. During the kitchen scene when she asks him to go spend more time together

When he landed he fired another shot into his stomache i believe

I interpreted it as more of a symbolic death, as in he had to kill the weak part of himself to finally come to turns with Amy Adam's betrayal and write his novel as a release. The movie actually had a conservative message about not being a conniving roastie or you end up an aging unhappy old maid which really surprised me considering the director.

The way I see it, the novel is about how Susan hurt Edward.

Ray the maniac represents Amy.

At the end Ray called Tony out for being weak, and his weakness was the reason everything happened. Susan called Edward weak, and broke up with him because of it.

Ray raping and murder Tony's family is equivalent to Susan breaking up with Edward and aborting his child without his knowledge (I believe he was not ask his opinion on the matter). Edward had his family taken from him against his will, just like Tony.

And at the ending Tony finally got his revenge on Ray and then himself dies afterwards. Edward writing the novel was his revenge on Susan, calling her out for everything she has done to him. He even named the title after her. The nocturnal animals were the hillbillies that attacked them at night, and also happened to be his nickname for her. And then standing her up was his suicide that coincided with Tony's death.

Anyway, that's my opinion on it. I've only seen it once though, I could have easily missed something.

Probably an 8/10. Great performances, great style. But perhaps a little too much style over substance at times. I get Ford wanted us to piece together things about the characters but I feel like we don't know Amy Adam's character really well. Why did she leave him in the first place, just because the mom was right? But overall bretty good