Genetics general

Scientifically speaking, why are americans so fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/22/youll-never-guess-the-worlds-fattest-country-and-no-its-not-the-u-s/
content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1897920,00.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
nydailynews.com/life-style/health/mexico-surpasses-u-s-world-fattest-nation-report-article-1.1393801
huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/agriculture-subsidies-obesity_n_3607481.html
medicalxpress.com/news/2011-07-american-snacking-habits-blame-obesity.html
bbc.com/news/magazine-35461270
qz.com/142544/the-worlds-fattest-major-country-consumes-an-astounding-amount-of-coca-cola-products/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's genetic.

Diet soda is a big part of it.

Of course you may want to reconsider your question since Mexico took the top spot for overweight people two years ago.

Because they are disgusting, scientifically speaking that is

calories in, calories out, yada yada yada

Because we eat shit food and drive everywhere rather than walk/ride bikes.

Most of our jobs are sitting in an office all day, and fast food is what nearly everybody eats on their lunch break, because it is fast.

(I get an hour long lunch break, and tend to come home for some food, but even then I don't have time to cook a good meal.)

This

Calories in > calories out.

Socially it has a lot to do with modern american entitlement where they can't be seen to be told "no you can't have that", even if that thing is bad for them.

> an abundance of food
> a absence of physical activity

This is most of it.
Another reason is that we're probably more likely to eat 6 burgers and 4 hotdogs on certain occasions because fireworks and fuck you.

>mexico

lel you fuckers are the only ones fatter than us

This.

It is 100% entitlement: "don't tell me what to do". Okay, fine, but you will pay for your own choices. I don't want my tax dollars funding someone's gastric lap band surgery.

If you want to eat like shit, it's your choice. Don't make it everyone else's problem.

I feel like if we drop a fat person on an island for a few months. They'd become human again.

Scientifically speaking, Amerifats are just giant toddler man-children who stuff their faces CONSTANTLY with shit-tier food, never exercise, and take no personal responsibility for their actions or health.

I'm disgusted by them, but I suppose if my IQ were 40 or 50 points lower, I might also eat a tub or two of ice cream every day. When you are an idiot, base hedonistic pleasure is all that life really has to offer; fatties don't get much from reading about the latest findings of space probes, but BOY DO THEY LOVE YUMMY SNACKS.

calories in, calories out, coupled with fattening hormone meat

High fructose corn syrup any other answer is wrong especially genetics.

Omega-6 Polyunsaturated fats that are found in things like fried foods, and many processed foods.

Niggers

You know Mexico's fatter right Juan?

>scientifically

wew. Check out the Mexican intellectual

Eating too much and not moving enough.
Also, Mexicans are now fatter on average than Americans.

>implying personal responsibility is not a factor

HFCS

t. We wuz ancient Egypt

This is an entree at the cheesecake factory, a popular American chain.

People eat this with a 1k+ calorie slice of cheesecake afterwords.

Why do I have the feeling like she just got off the shitter?

10 feet higher

We eat too much and aren't active enough.

god Cheesecake factory is the plebbiest fucking place in America.

I work a M-F 9-5

Breakfast is always a granola bar and banana
Lunch is always a grilled chicken salad
Dinner is always a protein, startch, and veggie
Dessert is a spoonful of peanutbutter

Then I'll run for and hour and lift for an hour

My office is an hour from home and I work a desk job (use a standing desk)

It's not difficult to stay in good shape. You just have to be conscious about what you're eating and utilize free time after work to fitness.

I'm a white male though so I'm probably just retarded in the eyes of the masses

I still remember the Chinese salad from TCCF was some of the best fucking food I've had to date.

Why do I look like a spic?

American Breakfast

>Be 1690's
>Live in America
>Live on Farm
>Wake up 3:30am
>Feed Cows, Chickens, pigs
>Start working in the fields
>Head into house at 8am, eat 3,000 calories in a breakfast to make up for the hard work
>Go back outside and Labor until dark
>Repeat 7 days a week.

>be 2016
>Wake up 7am
> 8AM eat 3,000 calorie breakfast because it's still American Way of Life
>9AM Sit at desk until 5pm typing on computer
> Go home and be fat.

The end.

They eat loads of fuckin food m8

Disgusting brown eyes

So what you're saying is that Americans just have less personal responsibility even though we're widely known as this most individualistic people in the West?

It's our food bud. It's packed with liquid sugar that is also addictive.

I wonder what people did for fun back then.

Better than looking like a stereotypical Slav.

I honestly don't know why people can't see this blatantly obvious answer. I spent spring break out of the US one year and all of my friends were craving American food when we got back, none of us are even fat.

Fuck

High fructose corn sugar. Your food is packed with addictive liquid sugar to make you buy more of it. It's very simple.

Nope. They would die a horrible death.

You're faster than us, so you should probably worry about your weight, before worrying about anyone else.
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/22/youll-never-guess-the-worlds-fattest-country-and-no-its-not-the-u-s/

Ive heard that even bread in the US taste sweet because of the high fructose corn sugar. Is this true?

B/c our government subsidizes the fuck out of those shitty burgers and is too corrupt to stop.

I used to drink at least one soda a day, I didnt eat breakfast or lunch, and I kinda gorged on dinner.

Im disabled so Im not very active, and my weight went up to 350. Now I eat 1200 cal a day and beat my crippled body up at the gym. I weighed myself this morning and I was 309.
I wont get into the specifics of my disability, but both my legs are fucked and my hands barely work.

If I can do it, anyone can fucking do it. Shame your fat friends. Shame every fat person you fucking see. Ive had two hotdogs and a hamburger for dinner the last 2 days and im still losing weight faster than is recommended.

>play outside
>listen to the radio
>read
>sew/knit
>spend time with family
everything our degenerate society doesn't do now

Not die

>Ive heard that even bread in the US taste sweet because of the high fructose corn sugar. Is this true?

Sort of. Some breads do have it, but there are plenty that don't...but people are stupid and just buy whatever is on sale or the cheapest.

Absolutely. Our bread is packed with sugar, as is almost every food where that's an option.

because she's fat, naked, and sweating. and we know fat people dont have sex or shower.

no excercise
bed to car to desk to car to couch to bed, for a lot of people

That chick is a brit I believe

How do people like this clean themselves?

>How do people like this clean themselves?

RARE
A
R
E

Genetically speaking while are all USA scientists worthless besides the jew ones?

I'm saying Americans try to blame their epidemic obesity on THE FOOD ITSELF, rather than their personal choices.

It's what you're doing, for example. "The food is packed with sugar." Well, sure, SOME food is packed with sugar, but not ALL food. Nobody is forced to eat garbage food.

I'm not fat. I eat whatever I want, but I focus on fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes. You make it sound like Americans' only food source is a giant trough filled with sugar cubes.

But seriously, what ethnicity would you guys think I am based on this pic? My ancestry is 100% Czech with some distant German blood as well. I have a Jewish surname though.

Seriously contemplating getting a 23andme.

Why so new?
Why so fag?

Fuck off newfag

Euromutt

They eat too much and excercise too little. What have genetics to do with that?

US fast food is unbelievable. Daily calories intake """"desert"""". '''''munch box''''' i don't even have words for it. Sedulously it looks like product of some competition to deliberately create grotesque caricature of teh fast food. It is like pig in supermarket it wants this and that finally loses its mind and throws everything in a pile and start munching on it.

Subsidies to corn producers in the 80's and 90's allowed them to sell corn at incredibly low prices. This made corn syrup/fructose to be sold at incredibly low prices and retain profit.

Food industry saw the opportunity and started manufacturing products with more fructose that improved the flavor of their products, making them cheaper and cheaper allowing a vast number of Americans (and Mexicans) to have increased access to high-calorie junk food at very cheap prices. Not only to add sweetener to products that usually didn't have them or had much less (yogurt, for example), it also changed the junk food market as potato chips ceded market to corn-made chips and other fried corn products

(For example, in the early 90's in Mexico it was a completely valid and acceptable to gift someone one single Hershey's Chocolate bar as a birthday present because it was expensive enough. Nowadays unless you gift a box of 20 you are going to be considered a cheap stake if you do it.)

As stress in life increases it also increases the desire of eating as a coping mechanism, and with junk food so cheap and available anywhere in both countries, both "ballooned" in size.

This is, of course, just one factor but. in my opinion. this is the main one. Sedentarism is an important factor of course, but I don't see it as decisive as we like to think to make fun of Americans. For example, Americans drive around a lot, but Mexicans don't because most of us can't afford cars anyway.

Also, kids in America seem to have the same levels of activity as kids in "slimmer" countries:

content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1897920,00.html

I guess no one read that wall text but thanks if you did.

That woman is British. Also, you're fatter than we are, José.

There are tens of millions of fatties in the country and you still managed to find a Brit. In the original picture all of the brands are British.

You don't, you're just ugly as shit, you look like a 13 year old with a faggot haircut.

>309
>doing anything
Top fucking cuck

Doesn't every white person's ancestry go full euromutt after a couple hundred years back, though?

What is "BR"????? Ive never heard of this company but i want one of those shakes

>What is "BR"?

Baskin Robbins

It's a native American curse.

>months.
She could live only on water and vitamins for full year. It is not a joke.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf

insulin is the key that determines whether the body stores or burns fat as fuel. most folks on the western diet have abnormally high insulin resistance because of excessive carb intake so they become obese.

I need to find one of these in my area. That shake looka gof send.

mexico has a higher obesity rate than America retard

nydailynews.com/life-style/health/mexico-surpasses-u-s-world-fattest-nation-report-article-1.1393801

tl;dr Mexico is the fattest nation

>Getting this triggered on a Peruvian llama breeding board

Why are Mexicans fatter?

Weight is no excuse to avoid stacking those bricks, Paco.

Corn industry pushing cheap processed food.
huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/agriculture-subsidies-obesity_n_3607481.html

Snacking is the biggest culprit, not fast food. Fast food is a scapegoat. What you eat at mealtimes will not put weight on as much as what you eat between

medicalxpress.com/news/2011-07-american-snacking-habits-blame-obesity.html

Shut up, let me keep my delusions that not everyone on Sup Forums is a total beta.

>1690
>Radio

Being this retarded

Mexicans, with their carb-dependent diet and horrible societal stricture that views work as punishment, have always been fat. Americans got fat recently because of chemicals: vaccines, anti-biotics, GMO, etc.. When we reform our food and drug laws, we will be thin again, and you will still be fat.

I remember something from a while back called the "freedom stick" which allowed fat people to clean themselves, dry themselves, reach for things and a bunch of other shit. I remember laughing hard because of it's name. unfortunately I can't find it with a simple google search

Considering Mexico has a higher rate of obesity than the US, I don't think you have much room to talk, or breathe for that matter, Pinto.

those top three dont even exist anymore, at least not where i live for years now.

KFC is only popular in black areas.

>Why are Mexicans fatter?

Coca-Cola, no joke.

bbc.com/news/magazine-35461270

qz.com/142544/the-worlds-fattest-major-country-consumes-an-astounding-amount-of-coca-cola-products/

American food is completely unregulated so the universal application of steroids in meat industry affects population.

>Mexican food
>food
>laughinganimegirls.png

Fast food places fill that cup up mostly with ice from my experience. You're lucky if even half the cup has actual drink in it.

Processed foods, lack of exercise. Look at her cabinet. She really eats those things. She eats trash passed off as food.

always gotta ask for light or not ice otherwise they do jew you

Mexicans are statistically fatter. Ask yourself the same thing.

Mexico is the fattest nation and drinks the most soda.

WALL

arr rook same

>leaf

This and, it is effectively encouraged to over-use antibiotics preventatively in animal farming. Mainstream doctors like Martin Blaser of the CDC have come out saying we need to limit antibiotics.

Sedentary lifestyle coupled with cheap fast food. Seriously though, find 45min.-1hr. to work out at least 5 days a week. If you "don't have time", enjoy being a slob.

>burger King poutine
>not superior costco
Also where the fuck is the mayo? Make extra creamy